[A15] Tilled Soil v1.2

Started by Sam_, February 28, 2015, 06:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentwolf123

I am i not supposed to be able to put tilled soil on normal ground? like having my farm outside and not being able to till soil it? I can only use soil on smooth stone then till soil that

Warforyou

Quote from: silentwolf123 on April 24, 2016, 11:14:58 AM
I am i not supposed to be able to put tilled soil on normal ground? like having my farm outside and not being able to till soil it? I can only use soil on smooth stone then till soil that

Got the same problem. Fixed that by editing def

po5

hey, i love this mod. but i feel like its op. i think it has to take more time to till the soil :)

Sam_

Llamageddon

Why are you setting the fertility so high? The only reason I won't use this is because it feels like an exploit.

Ashiver

It has to be high for it to be worthwhile.  You have to understand that if the value is not high you could have planted many more  crops, albeit in a bigger space, in the same time it took you to till and then plant.  I do feel like it could be gated by research and even require a material.  Some kind of fertilizer or compost, perhaps a new plant you have to grow first and use as the material (Fertilily).  Or possibly just require the grower to have a certain skill level.

eberkain

Quote from: Ashiver on July 17, 2016, 09:55:31 AM
It has to be high for it to be worthwhile.  You have to understand that if the value is not high you could have planted many more  crops, albeit in a bigger space, in the same time it took you to till and then plant.  I do feel like it could be gated by research and even require a material.  Some kind of fertilizer or compost, perhaps a new plant you have to grow first and use as the material (Fertilily).  Or possibly just require the grower to have a certain skill level.

I think a research and a grower skill would be good enough to justify it. 

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: eberkain on July 28, 2016, 09:18:58 AM
... (long comment truncated to: 'It should be harder to make') ...
I think a research and a grower skill would be good enough to justify it.
I agree that gated by research and skill would be great, as it is- I didn't need to do the research to build the soil!
So
i changed the cost way up, 7585 and made the beauty the same as regular soil - to offset the wonderfulness that is free rich soil :)

edit: then i actually read the research blurb and realized what was intended

Sam_

kaptain_kavern

Skullywag's Extended natural floor do exactly that

Sam_

Philipwashere

Would you be able to give a link for the A14 version as steam has autoupdated and I need to downgrade.

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

kahlzun

Don't know why this is in Outdated..
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

Rihlsul

Sorted out what's up.  Sam rolled his mods into a main thread.   A15 links and links to older releases in that thread, in theory.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5509.0