[FONT] RimWorld fan made font

Started by Marnador, February 28, 2015, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marnador

Quote from: Evul on March 05, 2015, 04:45:59 AM
Yeah the forum can't handle the the letters used in the image....

Here we go the a and o with dotts on.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_orthography
Alright added

Ordinary letters are for comparison, the download link in the first post should be the same but hosting the newer edition.
Just install it on top of the previous one it should work fine :)

jptplays

This will come in handy. Thanks!

Marnador

Quote from: jptplays on May 05, 2015, 04:01:44 PM
Your welcome dude, you got some great commentary! you really deserve more subs for your work :)

jptplays

Quote from: Marnador on May 07, 2015, 07:37:59 PM
Quote from: jptplays on May 05, 2015, 04:01:44 PM
Your welcome dude, you got some great commentary! you really deserve more subs for your work :)
Thanks for the kind words! I just keep chugging away at the videos for the love of making them... the subs will come.

Adamiks

Do you can add these letters [ą - Ą] [ę - Ę] [ń - Ń] [ł - Ł] [ż - Ż] [ź - Ź] [ć - Ć]  (from Polish)?

Yea i know - a lot of them, sorry :D
EDIT
Shit.... I can't write some of them - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_alphabet.

Shadewarp

Thank you very much - this will improve my thumbnails greatly :)

milon

Anyone else notice that the system name for the font is RimWordFont, with a missing letter L?  Is that intentional? A bug? A feature? ;D

Adamiks

Quote from: milon on November 05, 2015, 04:41:04 PM
Anyone else notice that the system name for the font is RimWordFont, with a missing letter L?  Is that intentional? A bug? A feature? ;D

I think it's kind of joke. After all you can write words with this font! ;d

Marnador

Quote from: milon on November 05, 2015, 04:41:04 PM
I am a bit late for this but hey.
I was actually operating on very little amount of sleep hours back when I made this so its a typo (': , but I guess since its already there might as well leave it as an inside joke =p

Ray_Anor

I'm add russian symbols, fixing some things, add !",.:;?
you may get it here and use as you want
https://yadi.sk/d/puLnTvF-pinaB

Marnador

Looks like the font is being used a lot so I went back and refined quite a few things.
*Letter A altered design to be more flush with the rest of the letters.
*Capital A is now reversed for better title esthetics. 
*Capital R has a longer leg.
*Added a lot of missing symbols.
*Tweaked some letters to look more consistent.
*Fixed spacing on half of the letters.
*Implemented Russian letters from the post above, thanks for the contribution :)

Example

Download link updated

Shinzy

Quote from: Marnador on August 31, 2016, 04:40:35 PM
Looks like the font is being used a lot so I went back and refined quite a few things.
*Letter A altered design to be more flush with the rest of the letters.
*Capital A is now reversed for better title aesthetics.

You have NO idea how much the A's have been bothering me in all the mod previews I've seen!
Go marnie! :p

Marnador

Quote from: Shinzy on August 31, 2016, 05:08:22 PM
You have NO idea how much the A's have been bothering me in all the mod previews I've seen!
You're not alone, ever since I started seeing it on youtube and steam workshop, "A" got on my nerves pretty quickly =p
The question is if anyone will be willing to update their font version, my guess is not a lot of people will.

Shinzy

Quote from: Marnador on August 31, 2016, 05:27:38 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on August 31, 2016, 05:08:22 PM
You're not alone, ever since I started seeing it on youtube and steam workshop, "A" got on my nerves pretty quickly =p
The question is if anyone will be willing to update their font version, my guess is not a lot of people will.

Well I'll be making sure to threaten Skully and Spoon to change their mod previews to the updated font

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Shinzy on August 31, 2016, 05:54:20 PM
Well I'll be making sure to threaten Skully and Spoon to change their mod previews to the updated font
I'm all for this! :p

Also, even if I don't know nothing about art/graphic stuff, this look even more awesome! I love it. Thanks a lot