Social interaction between colonists

Started by cultist, February 28, 2015, 02:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cultist

The current system for colonists interacting with each other is basically this: There's Abrasive colonists and then there's everyone else.

I find that very limiting, especially because there is no positive side to Abrasive, so you'll likely avoid colonists with this trait unless you're choosing them specifically to increase the challenge of the game.

It doesn't have to be overly complex. Perhaps the Abrasive trait should give a small skill boost of some sort. Abrasive colonists could have double the normal negative effect on Depressive colonists (meaning you have to keep them apart as much as possible). Abrasive colonists chatting to each other could boost each other's moods instead of lowering them. Abrasive colonists could have a small chance of pushing Volatile colonists into a mental break even if they're not close to breaking.

These are all ideas just relating to the Abrasive trait. You could do the same with all the mental traits. Create some sort of interaction between them. This would be a small step towards making colonists feel more human.

I realize the game is more about big drama than everyday hum-drum, but I often feel that apart from their various skill levels and trait quirks, my colonists are like clones with no real personality, because of the extremely simplistic way in which they interact with each other.