[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny_Bandit

Well I'm having trouble with my game, it won't let me build any vents on any walls, just keeps telling me "You cannot place that here!", my mod load order is:
Core
CCL v0.12.4
ED-Core
Edb Mod Order
EdB Interface
EdB Prepare Carefully
LT-ASA
Tilled Soil
RT Fusebox
LT-A Dog Said...
LT-No Cleaning Please!
Apothecarius
Clutter
ED-Most of the mods
M&Co. MMS
MAI+
Mechanoid Terraformer
Miscellaneous HiRes
More Mechanoids
PowerSwitch
RimFire
EPOE
Superior Crafting Redisgned
LT-RedistHeat

If anyone can help me with why the vents don't want to be placed on walls, it would be awesome

ThePhoenix

Quote from: Johnny_Bandit on October 29, 2015, 09:02:02 AM
Well I'm having trouble with my game, it won't let me build any vents on any walls, just keeps telling me "You cannot place that here!", my mod load order is:
Core
CCL v0.12.4
ED-Core
Edb Mod Order
EdB Interface
EdB Prepare Carefully
LT-ASA
Tilled Soil
RT Fusebox
LT-A Dog Said...
LT-No Cleaning Please!
Apothecarius
Clutter
ED-Most of the mods
M&Co. MMS
MAI+
Mechanoid Terraformer
Miscellaneous HiRes
More Mechanoids
PowerSwitch
RimFire
EPOE
Superior Crafting Redisgned
LT-RedistHeat

If anyone can help me with why the vents don't want to be placed on walls, it would be awesome

I'm having the same problem, though it's only with Wood walls. Superior Crafting Redesigned makes changes to the basic Wood wall, so RedistHeat no longer recognises it as a wall. All the vents and the like seem to work perfectly fine on all other kinds of wall.

Either that, or the vents aren't supposed to go on Wood walls anyway...

EDIT: On further inspection, it appears to affect any player-made walls, so I don't know what else to do at this point.

EDIT 2: SOLUTION... kind of. I copied the Buildings_Structure .xml from ThingsDef in the Core folder across to replace that of the Superior Crafting, and it seems to have worked on a new game. Unfortunately, I get a category of errors trying to load up my previous savegame, so it looks to be a new game job, I'm afraid.

the.adoxographer

In order to fix this add

<designationCategory>Structure</designationCategory>

to line 206 of Mods/Superior Crafting Redesigned/Defs/ThingDefs/Buildings_Structure.xml and it will fix the issue (it also fixes the issue with other wall placeable s)

All new walls will work so there is no need to create a new game - but already existing walls will need to be replaced.

Arckame

I read that some people had the same issue, but i didn't find any solution.

I use Windows 10.

Fixed :
I changed mods directory names by adding a sort number. It's working for all of them but not redistheat. now that the folder name is the good one, it's working again.

screenshot in attachment.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Bradley_

>Can I upgrade from lower versions? / Can I use this mod with existing colonies?
Would be nice to split it into two poits cuz it took dome tome for me to notice it... Maybe it's just me.

>you must first destroy every vents first.
Huh?

Well, as much rimworld reminds me about ss13 and as much i love theese games, i love this mod. Even although the actual atmos system isnt that detailed here.

Toggle

Quote from: Bradley_ on November 18, 2015, 06:30:18 PM
>Can I upgrade from lower versions? / Can I use this mod with existing colonies?
Would be nice to split it into two poits cuz it took dome tome for me to notice it... Maybe it's just me.

>you must first destroy every vents first.
Huh?
For the first part, I assume you mean split it into two points, no idea what dome tome means, but I get you meant you didn't read the 2nd part because you just read the first half and didn't think it had to do with your problem.
For the vent part, it means you must deconstruct all existing vents on the map before activating the mod. After deconstructing all vents, you can turn on the mod.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Bradley_

Its just "first" is doubled.

Well, anyway, i installed the mod, fixed the savegame like someone suggested, and pipes work fine but for some reason vanila "medium cooler" doesn't work. It says low power use, though it uses 200W and does absolutely no cooling. Is that what mod supposed to do with them?

skitt.

hi, installed this but i seem to be having some issues,
Temperature no matter what i set it to or how many heaters/coolers i have my temp inside wont go above 2 degrees, and cooling wont go higher than -4

Stonn

The seems to work fine functionally for me but I get this error:
Exception getting RedistHeat.Graphic_MultiDXT5 at Things/Building/Heater/MediumHeater: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RedistHeat.DXTLoader.LoadTextureDXT (System.String modName, System.String path, TextureFormat format, Boolean mipmap) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RedistHeat.Graphic_MultiDXT5.Init (GraphicRequest req) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.GraphicDatabase.GetInner[Graphic_MultiDXT5] (GraphicRequest req) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.GenGeneric.InvokeStaticGenericMethod (System.Type baseClass, System.Type genericParam, System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.GraphicDatabase.Get (System.Type graphicClass, System.String path, UnityEngine.Shader shader, Vector2 drawSize, Color color, Color colorTwo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Which makes some graphics from the mod disappear: http://imgur.com/a/jD8JR

Any ideas how I could fix that?

EDIT: Thanks Arckame! Changed back to the original name and things are fixed. A lesson learned.

Arckame

Quote from: Stonn on November 23, 2015, 04:42:32 AM

Which makes some graphics from the mod disappear: http://imgur.com/a/jD8JR

Any ideas how I could fix that?

Did you change the mod folder's name ? (originaly LT_RedistHeat).

toric

maybe you should switch around the heaters? it makes more sense to me that a medium heater would make up a hole tile, and a small heater would be this wall mounted thing you could put in the corner. just a thought.

Florius

Hi. I seem to have a problem with my duct system.

I have a room which is 51 celsius, and 1 intake (turned all the others off).
But the net temp keeps switching between 1 and 10? And I can't seem to get it working?

Tekuromoto

Quote from: skitt. on November 21, 2015, 05:33:49 AM
hi, installed this but i seem to be having some issues,
Temperature no matter what i set it to or how many heaters/coolers i have my temp inside wont go above 2 degrees, and cooling wont go higher than -4
Quote from: Florius on November 29, 2015, 07:12:05 AM
Hi. I seem to have a problem with my duct system.

I have a room which is 51 celsius, and 1 intake (turned all the others off).
But the net temp keeps switching between 1 and 10? And I can't seem to get it working?
You need lots of intakes to make the system efficient. At least one intake per output is what I use. Otherwise what seems to happen is the system never gets up to speed. It's like the heat trickles out of the vents before the intake ducts can pressurize the system. I sort of think of the duct network as a big room - if you've only got the heat/coolth coming into this huge room through one little window, it's obviously not going to work very well with a ton of doors open on the other end.

toric

wouldn't it make more sense to have the industrial heater and cooler to be part of the duct system? if they are meant to manage the temp of a big colony, it would be easier to have them output directly to the ducts.

Dude1925

Does anyone else have problems trying to place the vents on the re-enforced walls from clutter? If so, has anyone found a fix?