[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaia

As Latta is still unseen on the forums, there will be only an unofficial update !maybe!

Dude1925

Well someone made an unofficial update to A13, so maybe we'll see him do it again or someone else will. All we can do is hope for now.

MaxP

Why this amazing mod is abandoned?
There is a absolutely nothing similar to this, even without heat radiators (I wonder why it is still not in game...).

Veyda

Quote from: MaxP on July 16, 2016, 05:07:03 PM
(I wonder why it is still not in game...).

I remember Tynan saying something about not wanting to overcomplicate the base game mechanics and rather leaving it to optional mods.

MaxP

Yes, you are right - it is the overcomplication of a stock game.
But as mod, water-heating system is simple and can be created with much more common components, than electric generators + heaters. And - this is the base of creating comfortable conditions, so it would be created first, imho ))
Just wonder - may be there is a some kind of technical problems with in-game implementation.

Veyda

Quote from: MaxP on July 17, 2016, 05:32:20 PM
Just wonder - may be there is a some kind of technical problems with in-game implementation.

No, it was a design decision. Just like with hydration/water/rain/irrigation still not being vanilla mechanics.

But regarding this mod specifically, it is probably just a bit too complicated for a random person to pick up, figure out and update for the newest alpha — since it simulates abstracted concepts like networks of pipes and ducts. Although I haven't seen the source code and how well-commented it is, so it's just a hunch..

Freeadama89

I'd say if he doesn't show up by Alpha 15 or 16 then this mod is good as dead. Though I would love it if someone picked it up again. These made making an centralized HVAC system so damned easy.

Morgloz

I am currently updating it. By now there are two errors left to solve, references to Game.GodMode and Faction.OfColony, wich were a thing back in A13 but not anymore
My mods:
RedistHeat

«Temple»

Dude1925

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 19, 2016, 03:04:24 AM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21718.msg236016#msg236016

Well at least we have Morgloz to save the mod kaptain. Speaking of which, Morgloz, have you tried to ask Latta if you can take over the mod officially, now that we know its not going to get an offical update? It would probably be better for everyone.

Morgloz

I sent him a PM today, but I will make a new post when I finish porting the mod nonetheless
My mods:
RedistHeat