[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

I loaded the new version of this mod onto an existing colony, and it works very well now, although I had to tear down and rebuild all my smart duct outlets - I wish you would revert the name to 'smartfan', that sounded better.  I also think you should revert the HPR throughput for these to what it was earlier, as of now they are extremely fast at cooling - during a 40C heat wave, with their thermostat set to 21C, the rooms with these are actually lower than 21C (more like 16-18C)*.  Last version I thought they were balanced pretty well.

*I can't reproduce the lower-than-thermostat situation but I still suggest you revert to the previous HPR value for smart duct openings

Kaballah

Hmm my smart duct openings have stopped working again.  Maybe I just need to make a new map/new colony   ???

e: oh okay I saved/quit/reloaded and it's cooling properly now  8)

Latta

You can modify it yourself, actually. Edit energyPerSecond at comps to 0.4 until I update it again.

Kaballah

Everything is working very well now but yeah I still think you should nerf smart duct opening a bit, especially as it only needs 10 watts vs a cooler at 200 watts.

e: why do I think coolers need 200 watts I dunno (they need 20)

Latta

Updated to 30c. From now v30 will be a Stable version.

Reverted smart duct outlet's HPR to 0.4.
Increased its power cost to 15.
Increased power cost of duct intake to 30.
Fixed issue with ventilation doors, thus adding them again. This applies to Vent Only version too.

Edit: No, wait. Removed vent doors again.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Latta on April 25, 2015, 11:17:33 PM

Fixed issue with ventilation doors, thus adding them again. This applies to Vent Only version too.

did you change the dll in any way for this stable release update or can i just update the xml myself?

Latta

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 25, 2015, 11:40:39 PM

did you change the dll in any way for this stable release update or can i just update the xml myself?

There was no dll changes. Just change XMLs. For HPR, change <energyPerSecond> inside of <CompAir>.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Latta on April 25, 2015, 11:47:57 PM
Quote from: Ninefinger on April 25, 2015, 11:40:39 PM

There was no dll changes. Just change XMLs. For HPR, change <energyPerSecond> inside of <CompAir>.

yup done thanks Latta, love the mod!

Kaballah

Latta

I've always thought of making vents(not ducts... well Plasteel makes sense but...) stuff-based. Any thoughts on this, please?

Kaballah

That would be fine for things like smartfans, which will service rooms, and people will be looking at them a lot - so the material used could improve their beauty stat.  Same for ducts, if you want to show your bling and build all your ducts out of plasteel or gold, hey your colonists should be pretty proud of that.  I don't see how it should make any practical difference in how they work though, if a fan is made out of gold or plasteel I don't think it would be particularly more efficient (probably less so really).

Ninefinger

Quote from: Latta on April 27, 2015, 02:39:08 AM
I've always thought of making vents(not ducts... well Plasteel makes sense but...) stuff-based. Any thoughts on this, please?
I agree with Kaballah 100%, the only stats that should be effected are beauty and maybe durability. but its still a decent idea, although not entirely necessary, its more of an aesthetic change than anything.

I guess its just a way of saying your mod is amazing already the way it is. :D

Latta

"The Golden Vents" update.

You can build vents using any material. Golden vents are beautiful(110)! No other modifiers apply except durability, work amount etc.
* Ducts are not stuff-based as before.

Kaballah

Ahahaha 110 per segment?  That's way, way too much.

e: like, 10 per segment would probably be OK, 15 would be *a lot*

oh oops, vents - still 110 is a lot for a single construction of generic quality, that's higher than a high-quality statue.  Consider something more like 40-50.

Latta

Quote from: Kaballah on April 29, 2015, 07:55:54 AM
Ahahaha 110 per segment?  That's way, way too much.

e: like, 10 per segment would probably be OK, 15 would be *a lot*

oh oops, vents - still 110 is a lot for a single construction of generic quality, that's higher than a high-quality statue.  Consider something more like 40-50.

It will cost like, 800 I think?
And it's base beauty value is only 0.1! On the other hand, small sized art has base beauty of 30. Blame gold, it's all its fault. :P

Why 110: Gold has beauty multiplier of 600% while having offset of 18.

Edit: If you'd like, keep using 30c! That's why I labeled it "First Release" so I can decide what to fix/revert.
Edit2: Now I can feel why Tynan removed wall beauty.