[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

Well I guess gold is hard to come by in large quantity.  How much is required to construct the item, did you follow the 20x rule?

Latta

Quote from: Kaballah on April 29, 2015, 02:12:38 PM
Well I guess gold is hard to come by in large quantity.  How much is required to construct the item, did you follow the 20x rule?

They always follow regardless of how I set them.

Kaballah

I mean in the same sense your industrial cooler requires 100 silver - my question was kind of dumb I guess, never mind.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Kaballah on April 30, 2015, 12:31:35 AM
I mean in the same sense your industrial cooler requires 100 silver - my question was kind of dumb I guess, never mind.

the problem with what you were suggesting earlier is that the amount of "stuff" required to build an object is set to 40 so for gold that number is really high but if you try to lower that number to say 10 for eg to make gold more reasonable you will end up being able to build it for like 10 stone or 10 steel. and personally i removed the silver construction cost for my Ultimate Overhaul Modpack for the industrial cooler since i don't think it should be any harder to build than an industrial heater, besides you need exhaust ports for the cooler that makes it more difficult as is. just my opinion anyway.

Latta

Actually I totally forgot about additional cost for exhaust ports. Thank you, that is a good point.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Latta on April 30, 2015, 07:37:44 AM
Actually I totally forgot about additional cost for exhaust ports. Thank you, that is a good point.

NP  ;)

Veyda

Active Vent doesn't seem to behave as intended.
For example: -12C indoors, -5C outdoors, -3C setpoint (walk-in freezer in arboreal forest biome at 2PM in January) - the vent never starts equalizing. I think this worked in earlier versions, but I can't be sure.

Kaballah

If it's called "active vent" then you're not running the current version?

Veyda

Quote from: Kaballah on April 30, 2015, 04:56:33 PM
If it's called "active vent" then you're not running the current version?

I'm pretty sure I'm running v31..
Technically, it's 'Wooden active vent' if you want to nitpick. :)

Latta

Maybe it is equalizaing... but either temperature difference is too small and/or you just need more vent.
I'll dig again anyway.

comlink

I like the ducting system a lot. I believe this is the first "conduit" system I've seen other than the stock power distribution system and it really adds to the game.

I was thinking: what if there was a heater/AC unit, placed outside, with a duct system running inside to vents? Essentially the same as a real central AC system. This could be a higher tier system after the standalone space heaters and through-the-wall chiller units. I'd like to see that.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Latta on April 30, 2015, 09:15:49 PM
Maybe it is equalizaing... but either temperature difference is too small and/or you just need more vent.
I'll dig again anyway.

would it be possible to make it so the vents, vent the heat a lot faster i feel liek having to make more than one vent in a room is redundant and should not really be necessary. Idk im curious as to what you think.

Latta

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 30, 2015, 11:02:36 PM
I'll dig again anyway.

would it be possible to make it so the vents, vent the heat a lot faster i feel liek having to make more than one vent in a room is redundant and should not really be necessary. Idk im curious as to what you think.

Vents have changed significantly with the release of 30 to follow vanilla vent's code, and that might nuffed it.
Buffing won't going to happen unless Tynan buff vent himself I think. But I can make them customizable just like ducts do.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Latta on May 01, 2015, 01:06:52 AM
Quote from: Ninefinger on April 30, 2015, 11:02:36 PM
I'll dig again anyway.

Vents have changed significantly with the release of 30 to follow vanilla vent's code, and that might nuffed it.
Buffing won't going to happen unless Tynan buff vent himself I think. But I can make them customizable just like ducts do.

ok well its definable fine the way it is just need more vents if its not venting fast enough. But if you do decide to make it customizable that would be a bonus. :)

Veyda

I'll dig again anyway.

See image.

During the night, the outside temp is -16~28, the freezer drops to -16~18 by morning, and the kitchen (with the heater off) is almost as cold.
By midday, the outside temp rises to -4, but both the freezer and the kitchen barely warm up to a chilly -12.
Inner base stays at a bearable +4, and the main airlocks (bottom of image) are at -5 (left) and -2 (right).

If the vent was working, the freezer would have been brought closer to the outside temp than the kitchen during the day. Most of the equalization seems to be happening through the freezer's exterior walls where I kept them purposely thin. The vent stays at Low power at all times (-3C setpoint).

[attachment deleted due to age]