[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

Yeah the output of duct pieces (smart duct outlet etc) still needs to come up a lot, I will tinker with it via the xml configs though.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Kaballah on July 25, 2015, 05:30:42 PM
Yeah the output of duct pieces (smart duct outlet etc) still needs to come up a lot, I will tinker with it via the xml configs though.

IDk on my tests i was able to heat a really large room with only one smart duct in -54 degrees celcius...?

Kaballah

I'm still looking at it, I may just not have given enough time for my duct net to warm up.

e: Yes it's actually just fine the way you released it, I think it's OK as it is though until Latta comes back and takes it over again.  Thanks for updating it!

Ninefinger

Quote from: Kaballah on July 25, 2015, 06:30:48 PM
I'm still looking at it, I may just not have given enough time for my duct net to warm up.

e: Yes it's actually just fine the way you released it, I think it's OK as it is though until Latta comes back and takes it over again.  Thanks for updating it!

Good to hear and no problem. :)

Dante Montana

Hello
Nice mod. Brings up a lot more flexibility in base building. Thanks for this.
I have found a bug but I don´t know if this was  mentioned here before.
My duct intakes and outakes that come with this mod are not pumping heat/cold when loading a save after a complete restart of the game. The ductnetwork has then the same temperature as the temperature outside. Adding a new intake (or removing an old and readd an intake) helps to pump heat/cold into the ductnet. Doing the same with the outakes and all is running again.

g27radio

QuoteMy duct intakes and outakes that come with this mod are not pumping heat/cold when loading a save after a complete restart of the game.

Yeah, I had the same problem with it in the Mod Overhaul pack.  According the the discussion a couple pages back, the solution appears to be to make the RedistHeat mod the last mod to load.

Can't wait to try it again.  Very cool mod.

Dante Montana

I´m using Ultimate Overhaul Modpack also. Load order is correct (it is the last one loaded). On this side all is fine. The mod is working as long as you restart the game completly and load an old save. Then the ductnetwork isn´t initialisized. As long as you stay in the game then you can load a save and all seems to work then.

g27radio

I tried it myself and I'm also still having the same issue, even with RedistHeat at the bottom of the modlist.  After closing the game and reloading a colony my duct intakes stop working and reconstructing them is the only thing that fixes them.   I'm also noticing the same problem with my active vents.

Dante Montana

Quote from: g27radio on August 05, 2015, 01:48:01 PM
I tried it myself and I'm also still having the same issue, even with RedistHeat at the bottom of the modlist.  After closing the game and reloading a colony my duct intakes stop working and reconstructing them is the only thing that fixes them.   I'm also noticing the same problem with my active vents.
The active vents also?  Does a rebuild of an active vent help to initialise the mod again?

Edit:
Found this log entry.

Exception ticking ActiveVent4702554: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RedistHeat.BuildingActiveVent.Validate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RedistHeat.BuildingVent.TickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

isistoy

Is this exception coming when loading an old save back?
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Profound_Darkness

I suspect I got ActiveVents and airnet (pipe system) from fresh start of game loading save fixed though I wasn't able to replicate all the other issues I had previously with this mod so I'm guessing those were fixed before I got pointed to the sources.  Specifically the null reference exception (ActiveVents) which caused it to fail to move air and 3 different types of ducts not moving heat around the airnet are what I concentrated on.

Hopefully this works for everyone: LT_RedistHeat-A11d (Mediafire, 7zip file).

Dante Montana

Quote from: Profound_Darkness on August 06, 2015, 02:22:21 PM
I suspect I got ActiveVents and airnet (pipe system) from fresh start of game loading save fixed though I wasn't able to replicate all the other issues I had previously with this mod so I'm guessing those were fixed before I got pointed to the sources.
Thank you. I updated my game successfully. Log is clear.
Specifically the null reference exception (ActiveVents) which caused it to fail to move air and 3 different types of ducts not moving heat around the airnet are what I concentrated on.

Hopefully this works for everyone: ......
That were all bugs I know off/that I had on my own game. So it seems to work as it should  :). Thumbs up.

isistoy

I suspect I got ActiveVents and airnet (pipe system) from fresh start of game loading save fixed though I wasn't able to replicate all the other issues I had previously with this mod so I'm guessing those were fixed before I got pointed to the sources.  Specifically the null reference exception (ActiveVents) which caused it to fail to move air and 3 different types of ducts not moving heat around the airnet are what I concentrated on.

Thanks for the confirmation, the code repository is also a reading baseline for me, currently.

Othobrithol

Hopefully this works for everyone: LT_RedistHeat-A11d (Mediafire, 7zip file).

Were there changes to the xml, or 'just' the dll (with 'just' being an understatement :P) ?

isistoy

From what I understood from his post, he compiled the existing source code for RedistHeat and apparently, that code was already up to date with specific issues that are named here recently.
Possibly no changes were made to the source code at all, only compiling source to a new dll. Then, I can't say for xml.