[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante Montana

Quote from: Othobrithol on August 07, 2015, 01:34:58 AM
Quote from: Profound_Darkness on August 06, 2015, 02:22:21 PM
I suspect ......

Were there changes to the xml, or 'just' the dll (with 'just' being an understatement :P) ?
It took a while but after comparing both archives it seems that only the .dll changed. On my side I only updated the .dll (just overwrote the old one) and it works fine now.

isistoy

Thanks Dante! That's what some would call establishing a baseline in IT development and it is f...g important!
I was afraid the github source to have bugs you spotted.

Meanwhile, are you planning on changing a few things or inspiring from it for some kind of a new network? :D
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Profound_Darkness

... hmm I seem to have caused unnecessary confusion  :-[ ... maybe I should reconsider lurk mode...  I'll attempt to clear things up.

Quote from: Othobrithol on August 07, 2015, 01:34:58 AM
Were there changes to the xml, or 'just' the dll (with 'just' being an understatement :P) ?

Just the DLL changed. (and it really wasn't much by way of changes.  The code seems well organized which made it easier to attempt a fix with the proper source files.)

Quote from: Dante Montana on August 07, 2015, 07:26:14 AM
It took a while but after comparing both archives it seems that only the .dll changed. On my side I only updated the .dll (just overwrote the old one) and it works fine now.

Sorry for wasting your time, I kept it packaged similar to how it was when I got it so that those unfamiliar with moding could take advantage of the mod.  I'm not familiar with github so those other files that likely track changes (and would have helped you) were just noise to me.  I'm hanging out with a basic text editor (well it maintains indentation but doesn't auto-indent) and a windows batch file to do the compile so I don't have anything to help me with things like SVN.  I was repeatedly interrupted while putting up the post so some things got lost and unable to pick up my train of thought I went minimal.

Quote from: isistoy on August 07, 2015, 07:17:10 AM
From what I understood from his post, he compiled the existing source code for RedistHeat and apparently, that code was already up to date with specific issues that are named here recently.
Possibly no changes were made to the source code at all, only compiling source to a new dll. Then, I can't say for xml.

I compiled what I got from github and verified it wasn't working on my test cases, at least for ActiveVents and the Ducts.  I then made the 2 small changes to the code in an attempt to fix the ActiveVents and Ducts.  Granted not huge changes (in fact VERY small) relative to what I did when I was working from decompiled sources (prior to my being aware of where the sources were).  Thanks to the maintenance of the mod on Ninefinger's github combined with my apparently taking notes of issues from an older version of the assembly, I wasn't able to replicate the other problems I had been having.

Quote from: isistoy on August 07, 2015, 11:21:35 AM
I was afraid the github source to have bugs you spotted.

Since I don't know github and no idea if I could offer up my changes, unless someone has updated the source on github, there are 2 small bugs in the github source, that I know of.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

isistoy

Ok, the original source code is still containing these bugs, then...
Thanks for clarifying.

The13thRonin

Is there a video of this in action?

I don't understand what to do in the game.

Latta

Updated to A12. Increased duct network efficiency to 33% from 21%.
Let me know about problems. Thank you.

isistoy

Hello Latta,

Great news!
Just a question about it: do you still maintain source code on Github? Did recent problems discussed here were corrected in the a12 source code?

Latta

No, I didn't push Redist nor Infusion yet. Forgot to do.
And I'm not done reading, I missed whole alpha's conversation actually...

Edit: If the bug means 'duct net stop working' bug, I couldn't reproduce it within my play, (A10 included) but it was done with the minimal mods so it's not sure.
If equalization rate is the problem I did pump it up to 33. Let me know what you think.

Edit2: If you want to improve RedistHeat and/or my other open sourced mods you are welcome and encouraged to make a pull request!

Latta

Just updated with hotfix. There were so many critical bugs... Go to download page for details. Sorry!

isistoy

Quote from: Latta on August 22, 2015, 07:36:56 AM
Edit2: If you want to improve RedistHeat and/or my other open sourced mods you are welcome and encouraged to make a pull request!

I am not feeling comfy enough with github yet, but I guess you have control over pulling anything, so I might try that.
By the way, all credits will be given to your project when my part in ours is released.

Quote from: Latta on August 22, 2015, 09:13:33 AM
Just updated with hotfix. There were so many critical bugs... Go to download page for details. Sorry!

Will do.

Veyda

It'd probably make sense if the exhaust port was an Industrial Cooler's 'facility' (using the new a12 mechanic).
Not sure about ducts.

Ninefinger

Awesome, great work Latta! Thanks for updating this must have mod!

isistoy

Quote from: Veyda on August 25, 2015, 02:32:49 PM
It'd probably make sense if the exhaust port was an Industrial Cooler's 'facility' (using the new a12 mechanic).
Not sure about ducts.

Ducts are transmitters. I don't think there is any change in a12 object model that would contest their current definition

Girlinhat

Does anyone have screenshots/videos that show this in use?  I like the sound of it, but I'm unsure how it's structured...

Latta

Updated to 40. This is a beta testing version, any reports of bugs will help greatly. Please see carefully while saving/loading.
Note: You must start a new game.

This update features: Layered pipes. Now you can do this kind of things:

SF-ish, isn't it? No? Well...

Now there are two pipes: Lower and Upper. Let's call them Channels. Each pipe network is separated from each other and won't merge at all.
Duct buildings are not separated. Instead, they have a button called "Cycle channel"(See OP), which will change the building's channel. You can do this anytime without any cost for now.

For convenience, selecting a part of duct network will automatically toggle power overlay view.

And finally, RedistHeat now requires CCL 0.12.0 or higher. Sorry if this bothers you, but I couldn't help but use it.
As a result, there is an in-game help menu which contains RedistHeat's very short manual.

You can still use 32a, if there are no critical bugs. I think I did catch them as many as I could.

Edit: Quick update, there were Alpha 12b update. I recompiled DLL, please re-download.