[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninefinger

There is a problem with your versioning (ModHelperDef.Version)  "40" is an invalid value.  Version is made up of 3 components in the format of "x.y.z".  Also, "version" isn't the version of your mod (that should be in about/about.xml), it's minimum version of CCL required.  As such the only valid value right now is "0.12.0".

My log even shows an error with your version:
ArgumentException: There must be 2, 3 or 4 components in the version string.
  at System.Version..ctor (System.String version) [0x000a4] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Version.cs:114

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModHelperDef.get_IsValid () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModController.ValidateMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModController.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've put better checks into the code to try/catch erroneous version strings as well as a library min version supported (which is currently "0.12.0").

Once I changed that one piece of xml, it played nice with everything.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Latta

isistoy

Woww, amazing looking and loving the layered feel it gives.
Haven't been looking into your new version's code at all, but I am in the middle of putting a new net in place and previous version was a read comparison with vanilla.
Hopefully, when my mind has cleared a few things up, I might be able to discuss/suggest this a bit more.
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

mcduff

I'm not sure if this is bugging or if I'm just not using it right.

I'm connecting the networks up, putting inlets and outlet in the right places, but even though the network temperature is reading a sensible value, the rooms with the outlets in aren't cooling/heating as I'd expect. They seem to sometimes behave, and sometimes not.

I can have an outlet with a network temperature reading of +18 degrees and the room can sill be -2. Is this normal? Am I just not doing something right?

Der Failer

So i tried updating from v32a to v40a, cause v40a looks awesome (no to say that v32a and before wasn't already awesome) and also because save file editing is fun ... ... wait it is no?! hm well ...

After a bit of trial and failure i manage to load the world with out crashing the game :) but i notice that in the debug log "Community Core Library :: Injecting MapComponents for RedistHeat" stacking up like every tick. Further testing showed that this also apply to a new created colony were only CCL and RedistHeat are active.

From the log:
ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModHelperDef.InjectMapComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModController.InjectMapComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full output log here

Quote from: Der Failer on August 28, 2015, 04:43:28 PM... but i notice that in the debug log "Community Core Library :: Injecting MapComponents for RedistHeat" stacking up like every tick. Further testing showed that this also apply to a new created colony were only CCL and RedistHeat are active.

From the log:
ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModHelperDef.InjectMapComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModController.InjectMapComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full output log here

This is a small bug in CCL (MapComponent and Desginator injection have this same problem), it's been fixed and I'll hopefully have it released by the end of the weekend.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.