[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Quote from: mbos14 on September 03, 2015, 03:19:42 PM
i see both the mod folder and a renference folder do i also need to put the refenrece folder somewhere ?

Check your download, I think you got a source downloaded.

Latta

Quote from: Lady Wolf on September 03, 2015, 06:20:42 PM
I noticed a bug with the latest version, the industrial cooler stays on "high" usage all the time, even when the room temperature is 50 or more degrees cooler than it's setting.

(The industrial heater switches from high to low power usage like normal however.)

Thanks, will check.

Florius

Quote from: Latta on September 03, 2015, 06:19:22 PM
Quote from: Florius on September 03, 2015, 03:13:12 PM
Looks awesome! I'll try it as soon as i'm done with the colony!

I have a question, I am using 40c (the old one) and I have trouble keeping my rooms on temperature.
I have 4 industrial heaters, and 1 intake, and I want to warm up 4 rooms. (http://puu.sh/jYNVt/999900c5f3.jpg)
But they still are only 10 celsius. Should I get more industrial heaters? More intake or outtake? Any help you can provide? :)

40c's ducts stop working after load your game, I'm afraid.

That explains something... Can I update it without starting a new game? Since it's such a big change I don't think so..?

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Florius on September 03, 2015, 06:37:57 PM
That explains something... Can I update it without starting a new game? Since it's such a big change I don't think so..?

Aye you can update without an issue, just make sure to delete all ducts, vents, and industrial heaters/coolers from your colony before upgrading and it'll be fine.  8)

Florius

Quote from: Lady Wolf on September 03, 2015, 06:47:29 PM
Quote from: Florius on September 03, 2015, 06:37:57 PM

Aye you can update without an issue, just make sure to delete all ducts, vents, and industrial heaters/coolers from your colony before upgrading and it'll be fine.  8)

Alright, will try that! Thanks :)

Torkkar

I only have one issue with this mod

I don't see any reason why this mod can't be Self Reliant I'm still going to try this one out but a self reliant mod would be less intimidating without having to load CCL

Latta

Intimidating? That's the most intimidating selection of a word I've read recently.

RedistHeat uses several CCL component, including but not limited to MapComp injector and PlaceWorkers with Restriction ThingComp. I don't want to write my own when it already exist as a LIBRARY for modders.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Torkkar on September 04, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

I don't see any reason why this mod can't be Self Reliant I'm still going to try this one out but a self reliant mod would be less intimidating without having to load CCL

I'm not really understanding what you mean, how is having to load the CCL mod "intimidating?"

Compared to other mods like Enhanced Defense mod, (which is one of my favs btw,) which not only a "core" mod piece, but also 6 or 7 additional mod parts you have to activate, how is this anymore intimidating?

(Apologies if the above sounds snarky, I'm honestly curious what you mean.)

Latta

Updated to 40b. It will fix two bugs reported (Thanks to Z0MBIE and Lady Wolf), and save compatible.
Please read GitHub's release info for detail.

Toggle

Yeah, I don't see how downloading CLL is intimidating at all. A lot of mods are probably going to use it too, and if you downloaded it once it works for all the mods.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Latta on September 04, 2015, 06:57:09 AM
Updated to 40b. It will fix two bugs reported (Thanks to Z0MBIE), and save compatible.

Thanks for the super fast update/fix, much appreciated!  8)

Latta

Quote from: Lady Wolf on September 04, 2015, 12:14:03 PM
Quote from: Latta on September 04, 2015, 06:57:09 AM
Updated to 40b. It will fix two bugs reported (Thanks to Z0MBIE), and save compatible.

Thanks for the super fast update/fix, much appreciated!  8)

Whoops, really sorry. I forgot to include your name in there too :-[.

Latta

I think duct coolers are way too weak, will pump them up to -18 from -15.
Please provide me any feedback you have, big or small. (Graphic ones will be handled later.)

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Latta on September 04, 2015, 12:17:56 PM

Whoops, really sorry. I forgot to include your name in there too :-[.

No worries, I'm happy to see the bug fixed more than whether or not I get credit for reporting it.  ;)

QuoteI think duct coolers are way too weak, will pump them up to -18 from -15.

Given a duct cooler is supposed to allow the vent system to cool multiple rooms I would suggest making it 2-3x stronger than standard cooler since the whole point of the ducts is to more efficiently heat/cool rooms than having to put a cooler in each one like usual?

Currently I've found a couple nice ways to set things up, in jungle/desert biomes I set the intake duct in the freezer (which is set to -24F) and then run the pipes to the rest of the bedrooms and important colony rooms with smart out takes and set them to 68F, this way the freezer helps cool the entire base without needing to run a separate cooler system.

For other biomes I set up a central heating/cooling room off to a side of the base, and put a industrial cooler and heater inside, with 3 intake ducts and piping running to the rest of the base where needed.

With the heater set 2 degrees colder than the cooler, one or the other will turn on as necessary to maintain the over all base temp within a 4 degree variance without me needing to fuss with it after setting up, or needing to run more than a single set of duct piping through the base.

Lady Wolf

Also I'd liek to make a small feature request for this mod, would it be possible to have the built ducts show up as highlighted when you select the ducts in the build menu?

Currently they only show up when you select power conduits, and it would be really convenient if we also could see them when placing more duct work. (seeing the power cables too is no big deal, I just want to be able to see the already constructed ducts at least when I'm trying to place more of them.)