[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Yes, that is my last dream, but how in game overlay layer works prohibits it.
I might missed one or two, so I'll keep trying.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Latta on September 04, 2015, 09:53:14 PM
Yes, that is my last dream, but how in game overlay layer works prohibits it.
I might missed one or two, so I'll keep trying.

I'm guessing i's not possible to simply clone the power cable overlay highlight flag and attach it to the duct build menu tab?

Latta

There is only one overlay layer called "PowerGridOverlay". Even if I make one which only includes duct net(grid), there seems to be no way to make game aware of my layer.
But as I said, I might missed something I didn't try, so no one knows. (literally)

Edit: And I think I might just discovered a workaround.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Latta on September 04, 2015, 10:58:51 PM

Edit: And I think I might just discovered a workaround.

Glad to hear it, just being able to make the power grid overlay activate when laying duct would be fine, I don't mind seeing the power cables at all when placing duct work, it's not being able to see the duct work when placing it that's the problem, so if you can do a work around so both duct and power cables are visible when placing ducts I doubt anyone would mind.

Latta

Updated to 40c. This is a very small update, you don't really have to install it.
While building pipes, duct overlay will be displayed too, but without power grid overlay. Duct buildings will still print power grids.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Latta on September 05, 2015, 01:20:15 AM
Updated to 40c. This is a very small update, you don't really have to install it.
While building pipes, duct overlay will be displayed too, but without power grid overlay. Duct buildings will still print power grids.

Sweet! Thanks!  ;D

Fallatus

Did anyone else's game get darker after having upgraded into the new version, Or is it just me?
Like, The game seems significantly darker to the point you can barely see at night.

zenfur

I've got a feature request for you! Because you introduced new installation (besides power circuits), it's really pain in the ass to try to (re)move the installation. Some kind of special order besides "deconstruct" - "remove installation" which would target to deconstruct only pipes and cables.

Do you think it's easily doable?

Cheers, zenfur
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Latta

Huh, I felt that, but never thought that is my mods doing. I might included modified Darkness file by accidentally. Thanks.

Quote from: zenfur on September 05, 2015, 08:31:16 PM
I've got a feature request for you! Because you introduced new installation (besides power circuits), it's really pain in the ass to try to (re)move the installation. Some kind of special order besides "deconstruct" - "remove installation" which would target to deconstruct only pipes and cables.

Do you think it's easily doable?

Cheers, zenfur

I can try!

Tekuromoto

Thanks for this fantastic mod, Latta! The changes just in the last couple of weeks are game changing.

I've been working my way through the whole thread over the last couple of days and I think I've got a good handle on how things should work. However, I'm having a problem with my current set up. I'm in a cold-ish biome so I don't have any big coolers, just a food storage freezer. I've also got 3 industrial heaters in a double-stone-walled room and I've got ducting to all the pertinent rooms of the base with smart ducts all on the same channel. All the smart duct outlets are set to 21C, and the network temp is usually around 95C.

The main heater room temperature never exceeds 101C, despite having three heaters each set for 200C and working on high power. The temperature in the rooms with the smart vents vary wildly, spiking upwards of 60 degrees a few times every day, and slowly ticking back down to 21-ish before spiking again. It's causing most of the colonists to complain about sleeping in the heat even though it's -5C outside.

Could this be a problem related to installing the mod on an existing save? It's not an upgrade, though... straight to v40c.

Latta

Active vent's spiking problem - It was reported, I'll see what I can. Currently, the best answer would be lowering your heating room's temperature.
Is your heating room's temperature remain rather static around 100C? If it goes down rapidly - Build more of them. If not - You just found a bug!

kellyboi

Quote from: Fallatus on September 05, 2015, 02:17:24 PM
Did anyone else's game get darker after having upgraded into the new version, Or is it just me?
Like, The game seems significantly darker to the point you can barely see at night.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue with a new game.

knord

It is very dark, and all status's are doubled.
I looked in the 'Assemblies' folder in the mods folder and there are way too many files.
After only keeping 'RedistHeat.dll' in the assemblies folder the darkness is ok and there are no more double popups.

Give it a try?

Latta

Quote from: knord on September 06, 2015, 05:13:19 AM
It is very dark, and all status's are doubled.
I looked in the 'Assemblies' folder in the mods folder and there are way too many files.
After only keeping 'RedistHeat.dll' in the assemblies folder the darkness is ok and there are no more double popups.

Give it a try?

You are right, my build setting went rogue. Thank you, I'll re-upload soon.

Edit: Re-uploaded.

Falcon24

I don't think the "Air Circulation" research unlocks anything. It appears the active vents and smart duct outlets are available from the beginning of a new colony. I looked at the defs, and didn't notice a research requirement for them.
Love the mod!