[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florius

AaronRStanley

Yes I do. I'm adding an attachment. The walls I'm currently looking to add vents/ smart vents to are the walls between the colonists/prisoners sleeping areas, so they're all sharing heat.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Florius

And you are unable to place any vents?
As you can see in my screen, I did the following which works fine:
http://puu.sh/k5LxO/8388a98bcc.jpg

AaronRStanley

After double-checking, Vent, Active Vent, Small Cooler, and Medium Heater are not able to be placed. Everything else as far as heating and ducting are able to be placed.

rsdworker

Quote from: AaronRStanley on September 09, 2015, 05:37:43 PM
After double-checking, Vent, Active Vent, Small Cooler, and Medium Heater are not able to be placed. Everything else as far as heating and ducting are able to be placed.
which version you on? - if you cant place vents etc - check that you have updated rimworld and CCL

Latta

Do they throw any error with dev mode turned on?
When you try to place them; what message they print?

AaronRStanley

I'm running Rimworld version 12.906 and RedistHeat Version 41 (according to the Mod menu, it's Redist V40d).

I havne't ever updated the CCL, and having spent some time tonight reading the error log when loading the game, I think that might be source of the problem.

AHare

Okay, having an issue with v41. After updating to it my industrial cooler doesn't seem to work and says 0 exhaust ports connected, despite there being four. I've deleted them, updated, and remade them multiple times and still they don't seem to connect. The only error I get is after updating, which is this. This is on a new colony for testing purposes btw, also does it in my existing one.

And a much less important issue, the "Switch Channel" icon is displaying as the default texture not found icon.

Latta

AaronRStanley

Quote from: rsdworker on September 09, 2015, 05:44:27 PM
Quote from: AaronRStanley on September 09, 2015, 05:37:43 PM
which version you on? - if you cant place vents etc - check that you have updated rimworld and CCL

Updating to the most current version of Rimworld and including the CCL has resolved the issue. I can now install vents and active vents. Thanks for the help all.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: AHare on September 09, 2015, 10:41:15 PM
Okay, having an issue with v41. After updating to it my industrial cooler doesn't seem to work and says 0 exhaust ports connected, despite there being four. I've deleted them, updated, and remade them multiple times and still they don't seem to connect. The only error I get is after updating, which is this. This is on a new colony for testing purposes btw, also does it in my existing one.
I'm having the same. Also there's a double button in the architect for the medium cooler (or was it heater?) The double has no image, haven't checked if it did anything.

Sorry for the lousy bug report, this is from memory - I was trying not to focus on bugs :P.

Latta

The twin heaters - It was my mistake not to hide a dummy glower. Will be fixed with 41a.

And for that mysterious bug, I'm suspecting that an action of 'update' itself is causing all this, as there is absolutely no connection between RH and SquadAI.

Florius

Quote from: l2032 on September 10, 2015, 04:38:48 AM
Quote from: AHare on September 09, 2015, 10:41:15 PM
I'm having the same. Also there's a double button in the architect for the medium cooler (or was it heater?) The double has no image, haven't checked if it did anything.

Sorry for the lousy bug report, this is from memory - I was trying not to focus on bugs :P.

Industrial cooler? You can only connect 2 as far as I know, since 2 of them should lead outside to get rid of the hot air from cooling?
Sadly I do not have an example at the moment, but if you post your setup maybe we can figure out what is wrong.

Latta

If you are really desperate, you can connect up to 6... ;)
And I found out what is wrong with industrial coolers. 41a will be up in a few minutes.

Latta

41a is up. Please read GitHub's release page for changes. I couldn't confirm missing icon texture.

Within limited scale test, I didn't encounter any errors after update.(41->41a)