[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Oh no, you shouldn't really enable all three of them... Keep [2] and [3] turned on and turn off [4]. It will fix every sleeping problems too.

Florius

Quote from: Latta on September 10, 2015, 12:59:13 PM
I hope it resolves your problem. I'm going off now.

Florius, thank you for your help. And glad the update didn't throw any error. But cause of the error is now more mysterious...

No problem, have been playing for a while, loading, building, etc. and nothing happens...
The only thing I can imagine is old files which somehow is incorrect, but let's just hope it won't happen again!

Let me know if you need help again, I'm glad to help out.

Tsilliev

Quote from: Latta on September 10, 2015, 01:08:29 PM
Oh no, you shouldn't really enable all three of them... Keep [2] and [3] turned on and turn off [4]. It will fix every sleeping problems too.
Quote from: Florius on September 10, 2015, 01:14:41 PM
Quote from: Latta on September 10, 2015, 12:59:13 PM
I hope it resolves your problem. I'm going off now.

Florius, thank you for your help. And glad the update didn't throw any error. But cause of the error is now more mysterious...

No problem, have been playing for a while, loading, building, etc. and nothing happens...
The only thing I can imagine is old files which somehow is incorrect, but let's just hope it won't happen again!

Let me know if you need help again, I'm glad to help out.
Thank you for helping and ty for the mod as well.

edit:
A quick question, my duct cooler's target temp is 21 C, but the upper pipe that is connected to it gets around 15 C from the duct cooler why is that?
http://prntscr.com/8eu9dl

Ectoplasm

Am struggling to get this to work, set up wise.

What's the significance between the upper and lower ducts? The 'cycle between available channels toggle'. I'm stumbling about in the dark trying various configurations, yet I can't even get a simple one duct one outlet to cool a room (I have exhausts fitted to the cooler).

Do you need to have both upper and lowers connected to each vent? I can't seem to get even a simple 1 duct run from cooler to vent outlet cooling a room.

Toggle

You only need one. The 'cycle between available channels' just means it uses either the lower or upper ducts, it crosses out the one it doesn't use, upper by default. They're the same, they just let you make more complicated systems.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Latta

Quote from: Tsilliev on September 10, 2015, 01:21:31 PM
A quick question, my duct cooler's target temp is 21 C, but the upper pipe that is connected to it gets around 15 C from the duct cooler why is that?
http://prntscr.com/8eu9dl

Because a duct cooler does not heat up, only cool down. Build a separate heating room and connect your upper pipe network.

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 11, 2015, 11:23:57 AM
You only need one. The 'cycle between available channels' just means it uses either the lower or upper ducts, it crosses out the one it doesn't use, upper by default. They're the same, they just let you make more complicated systems.

Still no joy, am trying to warm things up now it's winter. Here's a couple of screen shots;

This one I tried an open ended run.

And here is a more logical closed system.

There's 4 outlets in the main eating area, and each of the bedrooms has one outlet each, top left bedroom has one of those auto-duct outlets I thought I would try. The target temp on the main heater top right - is set at 21°C, all of the duct outlets (am not using the intakes) Are saying connected to lower, yet none of the rooms are heating up even after a few in game days. Where am I going wrong?

Tekuromoto

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 11, 2015, 08:03:56 PM
There's 4 outlets in the main eating area, and each of the bedrooms has one outlet each, top left bedroom has one of those auto-duct outlets I thought I would try. The target temp on the main heater top right - is set at 21°C, all of the duct outlets (am not using the intakes) Are saying connected to lower, yet none of the rooms are heating up even after a few in game days. Where am I going wrong?
I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that you need at least one intake duct in your heater/cooler room to feed hot/cold air into the duct system.

This post is a few versions old but I'm pretty sure the basic setup still pertinent. A few posts above that is a more long-winded explanation.

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 11, 2015, 08:59:27 PM
Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 11, 2015, 08:03:56 PM
I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that you need at least one intake duct in your heater/cooler room to feed hot/cold air into the duct system.

This post is a few versions old but I'm pretty sure the basic setup still pertinent. A few posts above that is a more long-winded explanation.

Thanks! I was under the impression that it would be heater > ducts > output setup. I've now got this working. Anyone know the reasoning why it doesn't use a real world type scenario? Why the heated room rather than a direct connection to the heaters or coolers?

Kulverstukass

Quote...direct connection to the ... coolers?
There is Duct Cooler that act just like this, being cooler and sort-of-intake port within itself.
...and it makes me wonder, really makes me wonder, why there no Duct Heater...
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Kulverstukass

Quote from: LInfo on September 12, 2015, 08:00:22 AM
hello.

Why not show image:
http://images.21ru.net/server/php/files/4c3cad4b79f84906b81131d2522966c2.png
http://images.21ru.net/server/php/files/1c175e7838f5231dd36c3b59fb002eb6.png
После установки (подключения и выбора порядка их загрузки) модов рекомендуется перезапускать RW, такое раньше было очень часто.
Просто после изменения в меню модов перезапускай игру. Обычно помогает.

After adding new mods it's recommended to restart RW, it was common problem previously.
Just restart RW after any changes in mod menu. Usually helps.

LInfo

Quote from: Kulverstukass on September 12, 2015, 08:26:10 AMПосле установки (подключения и выбора порядка их загрузки) модов рекомендуется перезапускать RW, такое раньше было очень часто.

After adding new mods it's recommended to restart RW, it was common problem previously.
Это совсем не помогает. И перетасовывал моды и перезапускал игру, но значки все равно не появился.

This is not help me. I change of list position mods and restart game,but this solve not show icon in game.

Latta

Quote from: LInfo on September 12, 2015, 09:00:04 AM
Quote from: Kulverstukass on September 12, 2015, 08:26:10 AMПосле установки (подключения и выбора порядка их загрузки) модов рекомендуется перезапускать RW, такое раньше было очень часто.

Это совсем не помогает. И перетасовывал моды и перезапускал игру, но значки все равно не появился.

This is not help me. I change of list position mods and restart game,but this solve not show icon in game.

What OS are you using? Windows, Linux or Mac?

Kulverstukass

Oy vey, I've forgot why actually open this thread - this is what i've got when hovering mouse over tile, that was in front of (now) de-constructed small heater (built-in one, same as one to the left). As it seems, building wall on this place doesn't removing it. But it may be RW itself or other mod problem, as i've seen it when boomrat explodes, fire says "boomrat" when mouse over it, even if tile is not the one where boomrat actually lays.

Welp, they stacks up on game load, i.e - each time save was load, existed heater create this  sort-of-ghost-entity light spot, that keep tile being 60% lit all the time. Until removed with "destroy" debug tool.

[attachment deleted due to age]