[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draxis

Hey, great mod and just wanted to thank you for it. I like the minimalist designs of the heaters and coolers as well as the utility of the ducts. I just had a question on how you design your duct network. I have 11 bedrooms attached to smart outlets which are then linked to a room with three industrial heaters and several intakes. That said, I find that I can't reliably heat the farthest bedrooms with ducts (maybe because the hot air has already gone into the other rooms?). Do I need to just increase the heat of the support room to something stupidly hot and that will force it to work? I have trouble getting that room above 120 degrees even with multiple industrial heaters so I would appreciate some input, thanks!

losinator501

I also have a problem where the network will just not heat up... the heating room is 21 degrees, with 3 intakes in it and then 1 outlet in each room, the system will just not heat up above 3 degrees.

I've found that you want your heating plant quite a bit hotter than the rooms your heating.  In a cooler biome (avg 0C) I generally set my heating plant to about 40C with one industrial heater for every four 5x7 (35 cell) [bed]room set to 18C.  The important part is to make sure there are enough intakes (I use two per room heated) in the heating plant to maintain the network temperature.

While these numbers generally work for me however, everybodies mod selection is different and they need adjustments for different biomes/temperature ranges.  Also note that if the duct network is passing through outdoor areas, this will effect the network temperature.  I try to keep my ducts under walls if possible and avoid having exposed ducts unless travel through an indoor "service corridor" which is generally heated somewhat.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

losinator501

That is my setup, heater set to 21 and it is 21 in the room. All ducts and in/outlets are set to lower. Net temperature still 0 :/

The front doors will close, its just cause the guy walked through

Quote from: 1000101I've found that you want your heating plant quite a bit hotter than the rooms your heating.  In a cooler biome (avg 0C) I generally set my heating plant to about 40C with one industrial heater for every four 5x7 (35 cell) [bed]room set to 18C.  The important part is to make sure there are enough intakes (I use two per room heated) in the heating plant to maintain the network temperature.

While these numbers generally work for me however, everybodies mod selection is different and they need adjustments for different biomes/temperature ranges.  Also note that if the duct network is passing through outdoor areas, this will effect the network temperature.  I try to keep my ducts under walls if possible and avoid having exposed ducts unless travel through an indoor "service corridor" which is generally heated somewhat.
Quote from: losinator501That is my setup, heater set to 21 and it is 21 in the room. All ducts and in/outlets are set to lower. Net temperature still 0 :/

The front doors will close, its just cause the guy walked through

I'm guessing you didn't read my post at all.  As I clearly stated, you need more intakes and to set your heating plant to a much higher temperature.  Three intakes is not two per 35 cell area.  If you would have read my post, you would already know you need 8-12 intakes and 2-4 heaters set to about 40C based on that screen shot.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

losinator501

Quote from: 1000101 on October 22, 2015, 05:05:18 PM
I'm guessing you didn't read my post at all.  As I clearly stated, you need more intakes and to set your heating plant to a much higher temperature.  Three intakes is not two per 35 cell area.  If you would have read my post, you would already know you need 8-12 intakes and 2-4 heaters set to about 40C based on that screen shot.
I did read it, but here's the thing: I wanted to determine if the problem was just not enough heaters/intakes or if it was something else. So I disconnected all the rooms except the one directly above the heating room, and still the net temperature will not go above 0. Surely 3 intakes is enough for one 5x7 room?

Tekuromoto

Quote from: losinator501 on October 22, 2015, 05:24:53 PM
I did read it, but here's the thing: I wanted to determine if the problem was just not enough heaters/intakes or if it was something else. So I disconnected all the rooms except the one directly above the heating room, and still the net temperature will not go above 0. Surely 3 intakes is enough for one 5x7 room?
I've had problems with the net temperature not changing properly sometimes, and simply toggling from lower to upper ducts sometimes solves the issue. Let the game run for 5-10 seconds at regular speed between toggles and it might solve your problem.

Quickbowjob

Hello great mod really like it!

But i have one problem, my pipes are not connecting up anymore.

Did try reinstall the few mods that i use but no success yet hope there is an easy fix..
Thanks <3

DaLoSti

How do I make this compatible with Clutter? It doesn't seem to recognize Utility walls or reinforced walls as 'walls'.

DaLoSti

Quote from: 1000101 on September 25, 2015, 09:25:37 PM
Quote from: mbos14 on September 17, 2015, 10:57:37 AM
Are you planning on making the mod compatible with the clutter mod walls ?

It's not that this mod is specifically incompatible, there just needs to be a patch.

Quick steps:
1) Make sure RedistHeat is loaded after Clutter
2) Open each of the xml files in /Mods/LT_RedistHeat/Defs/ThingDefs/
3) Find each instance of CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp
4) Add the following to each list of thingDefs for the above comp
<li>ClutterSIlverWall</li>
<li>ClutterUtilityWall</li>
<li>ClutterUWallLight</li>

You can do this to add walls from any mod.  Find the wall defName and add it to the lists.  Just make sure RedistHeat is enabled after that mod in the load order as RedistHeat will become dependant on that mod.

So I did as said here:
CCL
Clutter
Redist Heat

Nothing else after it affects temp or anything.
Clutter is the only mod affecting temperature, methinks.

Here are some lines of code for the 3 .xmls found in Mods\LT_RedistHeat\Defs\ThingDefs\
[I added to all possible locations where {CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp} occurs]

<li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties">
                <compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp</compClass>
                <thingDefs>
                    <li>Wall</li>
               <li>ClutterSIlverWall</li>
               <li>ClutterUtilityWall</li>
               <li>ClutterUWallLight</li>
                </thingDefs>
            </li>

Aside from some indentation errors that may have occurred during the translations from Notepad++ to the post box to the actual representation of the post, the indentations are fine.

So I opened up my save, as expected there are some errors. All of them are [Misaligned ID request]. If someone can fill me in on the implications and consequences of this, it would be greatly appreciated. I hate to restart a colony.

But the unexpected thing is that I can't do anything about vents on my utility walls.

So I thought "Hm. Maybe create a new world and start a new colony". Which I did after seeing that I still can't place wall ducts on my utility walls in my save.

After creating a brand new world and a brand new colony, no errors pop up as expected. But I'm still unable to place wall vents/ducts on my utility walls. What a shame. I can't figure out what went wrong here.

DaLoSti

Nevermind that previous post too.

It worked. I had to restart the client is all.

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Scaphismus

Quote from: Quickbowjob on October 22, 2015, 11:14:43 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ZbAv20H.png

Did try reinstall the few mods that i use but no success yet hope there is an easy fix..
Thanks <3

I'm experiencing the same issue. Anyone have any info on a fix?

Quickbowjob

Quote from: Scaphismus on October 24, 2015, 04:06:40 PM
Quote from: Quickbowjob on October 22, 2015, 11:14:43 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ZbAv20H.png

Thanks <3

I'm experiencing the same issue. Anyone have any info on a fix?

I got it fixed not sure how i did tho, think it was like this:
Community Core Library
Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
Turn those mods on before any other mod expect for the Core mod that is always on first. (this one is part of the game ofc).

CCL Here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.0

Good luck!