[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Dude1925 on December 12, 2015, 11:03:41 AM
Does anyone else have problems trying to place the vents on the re-enforced walls from clutter? If so, has anyone found a fix?
You need to add the modded wall's def to the list of defs vents can be attached to, another user gave instructions a couple of posts up;
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.msg181111#msg181111

OSMC

Quote from: Ekarus on October 26, 2015, 02:28:30 AM
So I'm having something of a huge problem. I love playing on the colder maps and I'm not sure if this is a mod-related problem, or me just misunderstanding the mechanics but... I've got a room setup with 42 Industrial Heaters set to heat to 160 F each, and for some reason, they're only able to, together, put the room their in up to around 60 F, and the rest of my cave system only to around 30 F. There are a MULTITUDE of intake ducts in the room (I've lined the wall with them.) and the rooms in my cave have numerous duct outlets, each set to the default 70 F. There are a few outdoor intake vents on the upper channel that are piping the outside cold-air into some of the base's freezers which are handling the outside -130 F conditions perfectly.

...What I'm saying is I'm not 100% certain the Industrial Heaters are working properly.. I've got a screenshot of the heater room and the general layout of a few of the rooms.

I also have this problem, What do we do!

Toggle

Quote from: OSMC on December 13, 2015, 06:48:53 PM
So I'm having something of a huge problem. I love playing on the colder maps and I'm not sure if this is a mod-related problem, or me just misunderstanding the mechanics but... I've got a room setup with 42 Industrial Heaters set to heat to 160 F each, and for some reason, they're only able to, together, put the room their in up to around 60 F, and the rest of my cave system only to around 30 F. There are a MULTITUDE of intake ducts in the room (I've lined the wall with them.) and the rooms in my cave have numerous duct outlets, each set to the default 70 F. There are a few outdoor intake vents on the upper channel that are piping the outside cold-air into some of the base's freezers which are handling the outside -130 F conditions perfectly.

You made sure to use different pipes for the heating and the cooling, right? Upper pipes for say heating, lower for cooling, or vice versa? Or at least kept them away so they don't connect in any location?
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

OSMC

I have no cooling system, don't need it when you're at a mountain core

Toggle

When you say you have the "same" problem then, you might want to elaborate.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

OSMC

Okay, sorry, I have a similar problem with the heat not moving thru the vents to the rooms, they do not heat up even when I use a large about of heaters in a room and intake vents in that room

NemesisN

is there a video tutorial for this or any video of someone knowing how this works building this

this is very confusing to me I want a 2 large rooms, 1 that has hot air and other that has cold air, and then connect pipes or whatever to the rooms I want that hot air to heat and the cold air to cool....and how do I know if it has enough to cool or heat large areas

I don't know what is for what used....I know industrial coolers cool and industrial heaters heat, and that industrial coolers need that little thing to work behind them....as for pipes, some vents that have control points I don't understand what goes where and how it works
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Snoghoj

Quote from: OSMC on December 13, 2015, 06:48:53 PM

...What I'm saying is I'm not 100% certain the Industrial Heaters are working properly.. I've got a screenshot of the heater room and the general layout of a few of the rooms.

I have the oppesite problem, i have a closed off indoor room filled with duct coolers set to -30 Celcius, they all deliver to my lower pipes, but it keeps a steady +11 Celcius in the pipes no matter what i do.
I can provide you with screens if you need them.

OSMC

I think it might lose heat over distance, which sucks, but I have like 4 industrial heaters keeping a room at 80, ton of input vents in there, but net stays at around 50, Wai, world, WAAAAI

I think this mod really needs a wiki or something like a manual

joshcarter

I'm trying to use this mod with a cold tundra map, and hitting the same problem as others here. It's not consistent, however. In one case I have a geothermal generator in its own room, a duct intake there, and ducts to two other rooms with smart outlets. Works great!

In another case (these rooms dug into a mountain) I've been doing a lot of tests with room clusters, heaters, vents, and ducts. Ducts are totally broken is this scenario. For example, I'll have two rooms next to each other. First room has a heater and intake, it stays at 70 degrees F. Second room is connected via duct and has an outlet. I'll close off the ducts and let temperatures settle, then open them. The duct gets *colder* than either room! It will make the second room colder than either room was before, and the net temperature in the duct will be around 32 degrees F.

I love the concept of this mod, in fact I was building a whole winter colony just to use it, but it's kind of broken at the moment. Anything I can do to help debug?

Question for others: do you only have this problem with heating ducts when you're built into a mountain?

LittleGreenStone

I would like to make a suggestion, if I may;

We have a "duct cooler", but we have no "duct heater".

Cooling down (or heating up) a room only to vent the air to other rooms is quite a pain, and isn't too effective either. I've tried to build a room with 4 industrial coolers, each with 4 exhaust ports, setting the temperature to -50°C, venting it into a (~9x15 big) room (with double walls/doors), approximately 30 tiles away, trying to keep the temperature inside the room at -10°C at least.
It was draining my power while struggling to keep the room at the set temperature (the "cooler room" 's temperature as well as the network's were bouncing between -50 and +40).
2 regular coolers (or 3, tops) could handle it easily, without the need of an extra room and expensive, power hungry machines.

With the introduction of the duct cooler (a god-sent tool), the problem was solved -no more need to make whole rooms.

While it's more of a pain to cool down rooms than to heat them up, I think a duct heater would have some use also.  :)

toric

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on December 16, 2015, 04:59:08 PM
I would like to make a suggestion, if I may;

We have a "duct cooler", but we have no "duct heater".

Cooling down (or heating up) a room only to vent the air to other rooms is quite a pain, and isn't too effective either. I've tried to build a room with 4 industrial coolers, each with 4 exhaust ports, setting the temperature to -50°C, venting it into a (~9x15 big) room (with double walls/doors), approximately 30 tiles away, trying to keep the temperature inside the room at -10°C at least.
It was draining my power while struggling to keep the room at the set temperature (the "cooler room" 's temperature as well as the network's were bouncing between -50 and +40).
2 regular coolers (or 3, tops) could handle it easily, without the need of an extra room and expensive, power hungry machines.

With the introduction of the duct cooler (a god-sent tool), the problem was solved -no more need to make whole rooms.

While it's more of a pain to cool down rooms than to heat them up, I think a duct heater would have some use also.  :)

why not make the industrials duct coolers and heaters? i mean, who actually uses them for anything other than central heating?

Snoghoj

Quote from: joshcarter on December 16, 2015, 03:19:32 PM
Question for others: do you only have this problem with heating ducts when you're built into a mountain?
I only use mountain bases, and yes i have this problem too

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: toric on December 16, 2015, 05:12:09 PM
why not make the industrials duct coolers and heaters? i mean, who actually uses them for anything other than central heating?

I often use industrial heaters as "central heaters", place them in a big(ger) room to heat it, and small rooms adjacent to it, with the help of vents.
Also, I often use industrial heaters to heat up big, indoor farms and barns, like 30-50x12 big ones.

Shabazza

I'm pretty new to Rimworld and installed RedistHeat now and encountered a problem:
The vanilla coolers and the vanilla heaters are both no longer working.

I activated the mods in this order:
1 Core
2 CCL
3 CCL VanillaTweaks
4 RedistHeat
5 RTFuseBox

I read that others have the same problem with heaters.
For me its heaters and coolers.
As soon as I deactivate RedistHeat, both are working again.

EDIT2: Solved. Creating an new colony made it work. I guess replacing the existing heaters and coolers may also work.

Also: I have no Industrial Heaters in my game. Only the medium heaters are showing up in the menu.
I guess this is not normal!?
EDIT: OK, you have to research them... So only problem 1 is left.