[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ButteryButters

So I am having a ton of trouble getting this to work. Every time I try I can't place the vents. I click on them and I see the resource cost near my mouse but there is no graphic and when I try to place it on any wall, vanilla or modded I see an error in debug like this "Exception: Cannot be null" or something similar. I took a screenshot of the errors when I loaded the mod into the game as well as a screenshot of all my mods listed in EdB mod order to see if that would help. My guess is it might be a conflict with GlitterTech or Industrialization as both add new walls, though I think Industrialization only adds concrete. I removed MD2 Fortifications so its not Mechanical Walls. I would like the play with this mod again as I find the vanilla coolers vents and heaters ugly and bulky. Hopefully the screenshots help.

I didn't have the Community Core Library installed .__________________________.

IMA STUPID! Carry on, nothing to see here!
Ewe revenge leads to dead colony, first ever Rimfail

messiahgov

Like SarahSnowy, I get some red errors at the log for RedistHeat (the only errors).
Because you can't copy from the log (lol), I had to make a picture.
It shows all errors and the first is select: http://i.imgur.com/PNO4quv.png

In-game, after a fresh install, some of the mod buildings (instustrial cooler etc., see the picture) have no icon (just an "X") and are invisible on placement plus the placement is async (doesn't attach to a valid block, but somewhere between, it seems).

I use the RimWorld A12B and the latest CCL. Not really useable this way.

Mrshilka

Having massive issues with the duct system in a very large mountain base as part of the SK hardcore pack.

I am using multi vets to pull in air from rooms that are between 100 to 300c no cooler then 95c and once the duct system gets so large it just breaks, the channel reads as negative temps and is pumping cold air into my base.

As you can see I have 5 rooms like this (one elsewhere) all at 100 to 300c and ducts pulling air from these room and then meant to be pumping it around my base to the smart ducts set to 21c yet the air temp inside this network is cold.

Tony2000

Quote from: messiahgov on March 14, 2016, 03:34:45 PM
In-game, after a fresh install, some of the mod buildings (instustrial cooler etc., see the picture) have no icon (just an "X") and are invisible on placement plus the placement is async (doesn't attach to a valid block, but somewhere between, it seems).
I have the same problem.

Pickle

I don't know if the mod has an issue or if I am doing something wrong but I can't heat my base correctly. I have four industrial heaters set to 91 C°, each one in a little room with three duct intakes.

At the moment, the temperatures are :
- Outside : Between - 95 C° and - 105 C°
- In the heater's room : 30 C° / 50 C°
- In the ducts : - 2 C° / 4 C°
- In the rooms : - 10 C° / 2 C°
When I started this colony I was ok with only two industrial heaters, but after some solar flares / cold snap (-116 C° sometimes) the temperatures fell a lot and I can't make them rise up again even if my base is still little.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

mcduff

This is the mod I need the most, looking forward to the A13 release!

Zephalon

The community core is not updated yet, i guess it will take some time :/

Shabazza

Looking forward to the A13 release.
And I hope it will also bring some balancing changes.
The current versions items were pretty much obsolete, due to the inefficient parts compared to their vanilla counterparts (stand-alone heaters/coolers)
and parts without noticable dimishing returns (supplying almost any number of duct outlets with a fixed number of duct coolers).

MechanoidHater

CCL was updated to alpha 13 recently. So when can we expect this mod geting a long-awaited update?

igz33

I'm waiting for this mod too!

I had big problem heating a base in the desert with those little heater!

Morgloz

I was bored waiting for this mod to update so I did it myself. I already requested a pull so everyone gets it, let's hope its soon  :)
My mods:
RedistHeat

cstkto

Quote from: Morgloz on April 24, 2016, 02:57:20 PM
I was bored waiting for this mod to update so I did it myself. I already requested a pull so everyone gets it, let's hope its soon  :)

Any eta on this being released?

killergold88

Tried to self update as well... failed hard hahaha, oh well... hope this gets pushed up soon, its the only one im waiting on right now.

@Morgloz
I know Latta is going through some issues (from reading this forums), have you tried to contact the members helping with the mod?

be_cracked

I tried to update with Morgloz' changes but the textures aren't working for me.
I don't know that much about modding, but it seems to me as if there even aren't any textures, since there is no Textures folder in the repositry and the game console also tells me it can not find the textures.
Or do I missunderstand something here?