[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahvohck

Since Hoggle didn't reply, I was having the same problem on A13 when using the A12 version linked in the first post. Since switching to Morgloz's version it went away.

Morgloz, since you've looked at the code, how hard do you think it would be to switch the heaters/coolers/vents to use a hysteresis value instead of a single setpoint and pulsed heat? If it could be folded in it would probably make for a much smoother power/temperature graph instead of the jittery one we have now.

notfood

I tried Morgloz version with Modlist as Core, CCL and LT_RedistHeat and I get this error:

I'm reposting it from HardcoreSK thread but it happens without the modlist.
Quote from: notfood on May 27, 2016, 11:36:18 PM
I narrowed my LT_RedistHeat Linux issue to this:
Mods/LT_RedistHeat/Defs/DesignationCategoryDefs/DesignationCategories_Duct.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Defs>
  <DesignationCategoryDef>
    <defName>Ductwork</defName>
    <label>Ductwork</label>
    <description>Exchanges temperature between remote areas.</description>
    <order>-55</order>
    <specialDesignatorClasses>
      <li>Designator_Cancel</li>
      <li>Designator_Deconstruct</li>
      <li>RedistHeat.Designator_DeconstructReversed</li>
    </specialDesignatorClasses>
  </DesignationCategoryDef>
</Defs>

Commenting this line:<li>RedistHeat.Designator_DeconstructReversed</li> Makes Rimworld start. Seems to be a texture load issue, still...

It seems to fail here: https://github.com/burandon/RimWorld-RedistHeat/blob/master/RedistHeat/Misc/Designator_DeconstructReversed.cs#L16

Any modding experts, why is this failing under Linux?

Any ideas how to fix it?

Zorathex

Seeing as Latta hasn't been seen since April 26, is someone else willing to update this mod instead?

Morgloz

I have updated it, the link is posted a few pages ago.
My mods:
RedistHeat

InfiniteRemnant

does this come with a manual? i swear i'm putting the duct system together wrong or something...

kebab4you

Any chance someone can post the compiled library to get this mod to work with A13? I saw the notes on how to do it myself but such a hassle to compile and change around in directories.

Chaos_Therum

It was posted about three pages back. Try reading the conversation before you ask. Not trying to be mean just inform.

DanJSC

Quote from: Morgloz on May 01, 2016, 02:01:52 PM
Well its sunday so here is the fully updated mod. Please feel free to give any feedback if you think something needs to be changed
link

Quoting for awareness. More pages it's present in the more it helps people going to ask for it.

Chaos_Therum

Good call on reposting it.
I also wanted to ask if Morgloz is going to be updating this anymore to cover a couple of the small bugs. I rad about some of the fixes just being new maps and whatnot maybe I misread but there seem to be a couple outstanding. Would hate to see this mod die though the fact that it is open source does bode well.

Specifically it would seem some of the localization is not working. Though this may be because of using the A13 MVP pack.

Morgloz

Yes, I'm going to keep updating the mod, but since I'm still learning how to mod it's going to take me a while.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Chaos_Therum

Quote from: Morgloz on July 04, 2016, 09:29:38 AM
Yes, I'm going to keep updating the mod, but since I'm still learning how to mod it's going to take me a while.
Cool well good luck on it it's always nice to see a new developer in the modding community.

Chaos_Therum

So has anyone else had trouble placing the exhaust ports it seems like it won't recognize the industrial cooler.

Chaos_Therum

So update there was no issue with the mod we were using old xml files in the modpack.

Dude1925

Does anyone know if this going to be updated to A14? The mod is indescribably useful for colonies in the "extreme" temperature zones.