Were Assault Rifles removed?

Started by Silvador, March 01, 2015, 07:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvador

Or am I just super unlucky?

Since 9A came out, I've noticed a significant lack of assault weapons, such as the AM14 and A4 Pulse Rifle. Whenever traders pass by, they almost always have Doomsday and Triple rocket launchers, and occasionally "PDW" sub machine guns or Micro machine guns. Rarely I will see pistols and survival rifles. What happened to the assault class of weaponry?

ZestyLemons

Just unlucky. It's still in the game.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Aenir

I think the only assault rifles I've seen were on traders.  Tons of charge rifles though.

Boboid

Ran through about 30 combat suppliers using the dev tools, everything looked normal with roughly the weapon distribution I would expect.

Not a massive sample size but I'm fairly happy to say that nothing major changed.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Silvador

Good to know. Guess I'm just having terribad luck.

tommytom

I haven't seen a single sniper rifle in game or in traders. Got an assault rifle though. Think from a raider. No, actually, I remember now. It was from the people I found in cryo. I almost missed it because all I seen was a red X under a cyro after I popped it open (dead guy popped out). I was so excited when I found it.

brobe94

I'm not sure how the loot table (what pawns get to carry) / event system works, but it definitely seems different each colony which is refreshing. I have seen assault rifles, but they are very rare in my colonies thus far in A9, seen a lot of charge rifles though and sniper rifles a bit more common than assault rifles i guess. Some colonies seem to get like 3 mortar sieges in a row, some seem to get drop ships more often. One thing has been consistent, they all seem to like the personal shields, hehe.

loc978

I've noticed this in A9e as well. Assault and sniper rifles are suddenly very rare, while charge rifles have become quite common. I'm actually seeing more charge rifles than shotguns and survival rifles, even. Raid progression seems to go from shiv to pistol to charge rifle with no stops.