Board Games (Idea)

Started by tylers2001, March 01, 2015, 09:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylers2001

Let me get too the point. Board games. I was sitting in my office chair playing Rimworld and i started getting notifications of hypothermia so i locked all of my colonists inside and was sitting out the winter in a boreal forest. So i started thinking "Hmm wonder if my colonists are board? They are all mostly idle and that must be depressing." So i came onto the forums and posted this to you guys and has anyone thought it would be funny to see a hunter off the king loosing in a game of chess. (games that should be included, chess, checkers, poker, blackjack,  backgammon, and some star wars board games  ;) like Dejarik the game that R2 plays with Chewie)

User was warned for this post - originally posted in wrong subforum. See Rule 4.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

dareddevil7

naughty naughty mister tyler, but i like the idea, but your colonists need parkas

tylers2001

I know but none of my colonists for some reason feel it is important to make them even if i put them on a one for crafting and a 4 for everything else?
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

CodyRex123

:l Would they make the boards? Its more crafting...
Also, we would have a table for it, seeing as it would both be a crafting table and then we need a table for placing the checkers or whatever on it.
Dragons!

absentminded

Busywork would be good, especially if it was something like playing cards that they'd do autonomously if they had a deck and an unused table.

cultist

I like the general idea - something for idle colonists to do.

Sometimes, I just feel bad for colonist Bob because he's seen too much man, too much. I want to give him a day off. But the only way I can effectively do that is to draft him and force him to stare at sculptures. It would be nice if you could give your colonists some mood-enhancing activities they could engage in when things are quiet.