Put in payment info and downloaded ZIP file for Windows.. What now?

Started by loganr72, March 01, 2015, 04:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loganr72

Am I being completely ignorant?  Im not a very big PC Gamer, and by not very big, I mean im not at all.  But I really wanted to play this game.  I purchased it through Stripe but I don't have any emails or way of starting the game..

SOMEONE HELP

harpo99999

assuming you are using windows, the DOWNLOADED 'zip' file needs to be extracted to a folder (possibly on your desktop)(to extract a zip to a folder just highlight the zip file, then WHILE holding down the right mouse button, drag the file either to the desktop OR so that it is NOT ontop of a file, then release the right mouse button, you should be asked if you want to extract all the files click on 'yes').
to run the game then open the newly created RimWorld727Win folder and doubleclick (with the left mouse button) on the RimWorld727Win.exe file, the game should then run and load the needed files(and mods) and then display a menu

Cedarik

Find your zip file documents downloads im using win 7 but it should be in your download folder.right click it and extract all itll give brows option for extracted files i made a desktop folder for this and use the browse option to taget your new folder and put the extracted files into it.when its done extracting open your new folder and open up the Rimworld folder inside, the Application launches the game you can right click that to make a short cut which you can drag to your desktop and use that to launch the game.

Haplo

If you're missing your email with the download link, please check this post.