Buffet/Serving Station/Counter

Started by Silvador, March 01, 2015, 10:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvador

I've began a fair few colonies, now, and started getting the hang of how to improve things, and establish a good flow, particularly for meal production. I also try to center my dining hall, hospital and prison nearby to a small storage room for meals. But I was just thinking "Man, those colonists must get real tired of getting up from their seat, going outside, crossing the street, going into a freezer, getting a meal or bottle of beer, and then going all the way back just to eat or drink."

Of course, I could just put a stockpile for meals inside the dining hall, and while this would be OK for the booze, it would leave the meals susceptible to spoilage, especially my excess meals that I have ready made and in reserve for when something comes along and interrupts my meal production. Then I thought how nice it would be to have some kind of serving counter, a powered 2x4 (or 1x4) counter that could be built for the specific purpose of storing and refrigerating a small amount of meals inside the dining hall. Similar to the weapons rack and hopper, haulers could ensure that there is always meals and/or alcohol on/in the counter ready for hungry/thirsty colonists to just walk over to it, grab their desired taste and then sit back down, without having to go out into a heat wave, cold snap, or battlefield.

Probably have to research it, as well, before being able to build it?

CodyRex123

What i do is i tend to have a room (I tend to start with paste so yea.) that always cold with the paste dispenser, then outside of that room, its the dining room, it doesn't take that long, once i got meals up, i either turn the micro paste fridge into a meal storage or leave it there and store meals in the room's excess space.
Dragons!