Colonists on fire - How do you put it out?

Started by nuschler22, March 03, 2015, 02:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

I haven't figured out how to put out a colonist on fire.  If I remember correctly, you used to be able to "extinguish fire" but now there isn't an option to do that. 

Coenmcj

I'm fairly sure if they sit still for long enough they extinguish themselves.
having others drafted around them should do it aswell. But I'm not quite entirely certain about that.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

nuschler22

Quote from: Coenmcj on March 03, 2015, 03:18:56 AM
I'm fairly sure if they sit still for long enough they extinguish themselves.
having others drafted around them should do it aswell. But I'm not quite entirely certain about that.

I've had a few catch fire and I haven't seen the other colonists try to put it out yet. 

And each one that caught fire never tried to put it out themselves and finally just needed rescue, and the fire went out.  But at that point, they weren't much good.

brobe94

As said above, if they are downed, you can rescue them and it will go out... Or I do believe arresting them works as well.

Darth Fool

i have found undrafting/redrafting them can help.  Sometimes, when they are drafted and you have given them a direction to move somewhere they will keep trying to get there, but keep running away since they are on fire, and hence burn to death.

nuschler22

Quote from: brobe94 on March 03, 2015, 04:14:07 AM
As said above, if they are downed, you can rescue them and it will go out... Or I do believe arresting them works as well.

The guy that said that is amazing by the way.

nuschler22

Quote from: Darth Fool on March 03, 2015, 05:06:46 AM
i have found undrafting/redrafting them can help.  Sometimes, when they are drafted and you have given them a direction to move somewhere they will keep trying to get there, but keep running away since they are on fire, and hence burn to death.

I tried the undrafted thing and it didn't work for me for some reason.  Once redrafted, they kept running away even though they weren't trying to get to a position. 

lusername

The best way I've found to both put out and prevent fires is to start more fires. For some twisted reason, the game will immediately create rain if you go around starting fires. This sort of makes incendiary mortars pretty useless because if you attempt to use them, you will cause it to rain. I've performed the Molotov Cocktail Raindance like 30 times so far, and NOT ONCE HAS IT FAILED.

Barley

Quote from: lusername on March 03, 2015, 05:45:42 AM
The best way I've found to both put out and prevent fires is to start more fires. For some twisted reason, the game will immediately create rain if you go around starting fires. This sort of makes incendiary mortars pretty useless because if you attempt to use them, you will cause it to rain. I've performed the Molotov Cocktail Raindance like 30 times so far, and NOT ONCE HAS IT FAILED.

Yea, its so that a single dead boomrat doesn't completely wipe the map of grass, trees, and bushes.

Arsonik

It would make more sense to remove boomrats from the game and keep fire something you can't ignore IMO.

Goldenpotatoes

Its probably a mix of preventing wide-spread fires that are uncontrollable and preventing framerate drops from said wide-spread fires.

Darth Fool

Does that work on all story tellers?  I generally just play Randy and hadn't noticed, but now I will have to try it...

CodyRex123

I want some way to remove the rain from doing it as much, My T-9 hunter and defense agent always creates rain when he fires, which is annoying.
BTW, i play on RANDY!
Dragons!