[1.5] Mad Skills 1.5-2.7.0 - skill degradation begone! (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

I've been using the tiered version so far, but am considering switch to maybe 50% for the next game. I'm just watching my cook lose skill points walking between the kitchen to the fridge to haul food. It's really ridiculous.

ryan_wilson

This is the very first mod i've installed and unfortunately the inject failed so I had to do the bonus steps.

Nonetheless, when I noticed the degrading skills for the first, and how my "Too Smart" genius had dropped down a skill from 20 to 19, I instantly wanted to get rid of it. Not even slowing it down, it's gone entirely. Thank you so much. 

asquirrel

Getting this error in Output_log.txt

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RTMadSkills.MapComponentInjectorBehavior.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Mod file name - MadSkills-A15-1.1.7

Note - this error message is generated right after I create pawns but I don't start a game.  I test that far into the game.  Then I back out and check the log for errors.

mabor0shi

I really wish I could use tiered and 50%. I don't want to unbalance the game too much, but I feel like skill degradation adds nothing but the necessity for make-work. I just feel like takin it out entirely is a little cheaty.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

zlj

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 02, 2016, 06:10:57 PM
I really wish I could use tiered and 50%. I don't want to unbalance the game too much, but I feel like skill degradation adds nothing but the necessity for make-work. I just feel like takin it out entirely is a little cheaty.

Ahem, may i shamelessly advertise my mod, which actually allows you to do that (and quite a bit more)? ;)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24718.0

Disclaimer: It goes without saying that the original idea of the "no skill degradation" was Ratys idea, i just implemented it into my mod (in a slightly different way) since static quality didn't really make sense without the degradation removal.

Thirite

Quote from: asquirrel on October 01, 2016, 04:44:26 PM
Not sure if it's related to the same error I was having, but I had to load MadSkills after all my other mods to fix an error- specifically, from having True's Exoskeleton mod loading after it.

sinclair0528

I got an error while playing.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

mabor0shi

Quote from: sinclair0528 on October 31, 2016, 05:59:55 AM
I got an error while playing.
You are using too many other mods to be sure this one is causing the error. Tiny chance I'm wrong, but I think that this error is affecting an animal's ability to "wait" and this mod has nothing to do with that.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Der Failer

Quote from: asquirrel on October 01, 2016, 04:44:26 PM
Getting this error in Output_log.txt

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RTMadSkills.MapComponentInjectorBehavior.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Mod file name - MadSkills-A15-1.1.7

Note - this error message is generated right after I create pawns but I don't start a game.  I test that far into the game.  Then I back out and check the log for errors.
I'm seeing the same error here.
This is the "normal" version and only with Core+Mad Skills. Added the log as well, but there really isn't anything more then this.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Natah_Bish

Is there anyway to get this mod to work for A16 unstable beta, I hate to play rimworld without this mod.

Hatti

Contains some bugs on load.. just ignore them. Its the one that disable skill deterioration completly
A16 update Dropbox

Adventurer

Quote from: Hatti on December 16, 2016, 10:10:26 PM
Contains some bugs on load.. just ignore them. Its the one that disable skill deterioration completly
A16 update Dropbox
Uhh, no? There shouldn't be errors.

Hatti

Quote from: Adventurer on December 16, 2016, 10:25:00 PM
A16 update Dropbox

Sure there shoudn´t be any errors. But as said you can ignore them. This isn´t a official release. You´re not forced to use this :)

Adventurer

Quote from: Hatti on December 17, 2016, 12:57:27 AM
Quote from: Adventurer on December 16, 2016, 10:25:00 PM
A16 update Dropbox

Sure there shoudn´t be any errors. But as said you can ignore them. This isn´t a official release. You´re not forced to use this :)

It literally says it's not being loaded in the debug log.

Hatti

And still its doing its job cause its loaded on map play. Just try it out