[1.4] Mad Skills 1.4-2.6.0 - skill degradation begone! (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love

Quote from: etoire on December 22, 2016, 06:13:52 AM
I downloaded it and it's only 67kb, it's just MEGA being silly. Thanks, Love, for all of your hard work. It's hard ass work modding and keeping things up to date, at least in the eyes of a beginner to coding like me, and I greatly appreciate it. any hope that someone'll update the stun gun and defensive shield mod? hur hur.

Honestly I'm a beginner coder too and I've been learning a lot from fixing up mods. I deal with one error at a time and make a lot of use of Zhentar's compilation of ILSpy for Mono to look at what's changed between builds.

Ratys

... Wow. I knew lack of emails was suspicious, but I had no idea it was that bad. Sorry for dropping off the grid, everyone.

Updated to A16, now uses a direct detour instead of a hacky MapComponent.

☢FLAY☢

Jesus thank you for updating I was worried that I was going to playthrough on A16 without one of my favorite mods functioning on it. Appreciated, you have no idea how much individuals depend on your mod.

malloc

Thanks for the update.  I think there might be a bug.  I'm using the A16 - Tiered version.

The pawns all have massive values in their 'Max learned today' limit and even if they don't use a skill for days the value never resets.  On the one hand they're not degrading but they're only getting 20% of the experience they should so they're not leveling their skills very quickly.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Ratys

Quote from: malloc on December 24, 2016, 07:55:25 AM
Thanks for the update.  I think there might be a bug.  I'm using the A16 - Tiered version.

The pawns all have massive values in their 'Max learned today' limit and even if they don't use a skill for days the value never resets.  On the one hand they're not degrading but they're only getting 20% of the experience they should so they're not leveling their skills very quickly.

Yes, there was a bug with tiered and halved versions, basically Visual Studio (the IDE I use for writing these mods) screwed up again with it's version control. Pushed out an emergency update, should be all good now. Sorry!

Unrelated, checked out the version provided by Love and Zhentar; a shining example of convergent evolution if anything, heh.

Thyme

I'm still using A15 - tiered and noticed a while ago that it doesn't work properly, my colonists keep losing levels. I thought it's prolly because I never filled the lvl 20 bar, but my constructor is already down at lvl 18. So, gonna use the straight flavour and see if it helps.
*Just wanted to post it here, knowing that it's outdated.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

That_Axe

Ah! I needed this mod!

Can I combined 2 versions of your mod? I'd like to have tiered decay plus 50% less decay on at the same time. I must admit that I'm pretty much an amateur when it comes to coding- I'm clueless if this is possible. If it's not, is there anything an amateur like me can do to enable this?

Ratys

Quote from: That_Axe on March 10, 2017, 06:04:08 AM
Ah! I needed this mod!

Can I combined 2 versions of your mod? I'd like to have tiered decay plus 50% less decay on at the same time. I must admit that I'm pretty much an amateur when it comes to coding- I'm clueless if this is possible. If it's not, is there anything an amateur like me can do to enable this?

Depends on how much you're willing to learn. You need to be able to read code, modify code, and compile your own assembly; fortunately, actual code changes you'd have to make are very simple.

That_Axe

Quote from: Ratys on March 10, 2017, 06:16:08 AM
Quote from: That_Axe on March 10, 2017, 06:04:08 AM
Ah! I needed this mod!

Depends on how much you're willing to learn. You need to be able to read code, modify code, and compile your own assembly; fortunately, actual code changes you'd have to make are very simple.

Welp, I guess that's beyond me. I thought I could just edit some lines on a notepad or something.

You should get this into steam, by the way. I'm sure a lot of people would really be happy with this mod (=

Ratys

Quote from: That_Axe on March 10, 2017, 06:19:22 AM
-snip-
You should get this into steam, by the way. I'm sure a lot of people would really be happy with this mod (=

It is available on Steam Workshop, all three flavors.

Miguelh1020

Is this still working? Or is just me who doesn't work? Skills keep degrading.
It tells me, this mod was not made for this version of Rimworld. It seems I have Rimworld version 0.16.1393, as I can see in a notepad

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Miguelh1020 on April 09, 2017, 09:10:14 AM
Is this still working? Or is just me who doesn't work? Skills keep degrading.
It tells me, this mod was not made for this version of Rimworld. It seems I have Rimworld version 0.16.1393, as I can see in a notepad

Which version of the mod did you download?

AngleWyrm

Have you tried unplugging it, and then plugging it back in?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Miguelh1020

Dr_Zhivago, I got the one I think is the latest version MadSkills-A16-1.2.1.zip

AngleWyrm, yes. Yes I did-.

EDIT: It's working just fine. It was me. I was the problem all along