[1.5] Mad Skills 1.5-2.7.0 - skill degradation begone! (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

this was the first mod i ever added, cheers. Shame that theres a trait that deals with skill decay, i really wish tynan hadnt added that when this is much better.

Ratys

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 14, 2018, 07:10:11 AM
this was the first mod i ever added, cheers. Shame that theres a trait that deals with skill decay, i really wish tynan hadnt added that when this is much better.

Next version (which should coincide with next RimWorld release; soon) will let you change what that "great memory" trait does. If enabled, it'll act as lite version of "fast learner" instead: +25% global learning speed.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Ratys on October 14, 2018, 08:48:47 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on October 14, 2018, 07:10:11 AM

Next version (which should coincide with next RimWorld release; soon) will let you change what that "great memory" trait does. If enabled, it'll act as lite version of "fast learner" instead: +25% global learning speed.
SOGOOD! On the bright side its good tynan released b19 since it shouldnt be as much as a jump from 18 to 19 for modders.

Ratys

And, there we go. Updated to 1.0, rearranged settings, touched up description, added an option to make "great memory" not useless, made compatible with Fluffy's Mod Manager. Enjoy!

Naxdar

This is the first mod I look for everytime there is a new Rimworld version, thanks for updating it.

viperwasp

Quote from: Ratys on October 17, 2018, 03:11:37 PM
And, there we go. Updated to 1.0, rearranged settings, touched up description, added an option to make "great memory" not useless, made compatible with Fluffy's Mod Manager. Enjoy!

WHAT! Come on your making the rest of us look bad. Amazing! lol Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Ruisuki

is it compatible with b19 or do I need to abandon my save?

Ratys

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 17, 2018, 08:16:29 PM
is it compatible with b19 or do I need to abandon my save?

There are old versions linked in the main post. If you explicitly mean the new release - I don't see why not, actually. Back up your save and give it a try.

Heymom

Not sure what i am doing wrong, i double checked my settings and re-DL the mod. And my skills still decay :(

nvm! after some more testing, it was a conflicting mod.

[attachment deleted due to age]

justken

Ratys

Quote from: justken on February 19, 2020, 09:13:21 PM
Anyway we can get this for 1.1?

Yes, you just need to have 9 patience. Maybe 8 patience after RimWorld 1.1 leaves beta.

Quote from: JesusKreist on February 20, 2020, 02:36:50 AM
-snip-

Would you kindly fuck off.

Ratys

What do you know, the day I never expected has come - a post-1.0 RimWorld update! Thus, the mod is updated as well.

The download works for both 1.0 and 1.1.

Oh, and I fixed this bug (for both versions).

JesusKreist

Quote from: Ratys on February 20, 2020, 04:19:10 AM
Would you kindly fuck off.

For posting a "Do not necro very old threads!" meme?
You can twist and turn as you like but 15 month since the last reply IS very old for a thread.

Whisker

Not all necros are bad necros though, the necro was a totally reasonable question (even though I'm sure Ratys has received tons of people asking for a 1.1 version). Thanks for the mod update Ratys!