[1.4] Mad Skills 1.4-2.6.0 - skill degradation begone! (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

Quote from: NephilimNexus on July 19, 1974, 05:06:48 AM
Does it need an update?  I simply copied mine over from the A10 folder to the A11 folder and nothing broke yet.

Not really, it seems. Compiled it for A11, no changes needed at all. So, for now feel free to use current version with A11, until I make a proper release (that entails some internal logging for me, which I can't do right now).

nmid

thank you. Just in time for my A11 foray :).

edit -

Injector.xml <eType>BuildingComplex</eType> is giving an XML error in the debug screen

XML error: <eType>BuildingComplex</eType> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Ratys

Quote from: nmid on June 17, 2015, 04:04:44 PM
Injector.xml <eType>BuildingComplex</eType> is giving an XML error in the debug screen
XML error: <eType>BuildingComplex</eType> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

Don't worry, it shouldn't really impact anything - it didn't in A10, why would it now.

Besides, released the proper A11 version just now (with that issue fixed).

Eisenwulf

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
--Robert A. Heinlein

Ratys

Quote from: Eisenwulf on June 22, 2015, 11:11:44 AM
Could you re-link the A10 version please?

A11 version should work for A10, actually. Regardless, you can find all previous releases here (since I don't know which flavor exactly you'd like). A10 release version number is v1.1.1; be aware that it might throw an error about having a non-recognizeable field or something, just ignore it, it shouldn't break anything.

jal21

hello i have goten a crash not a simple one ether (blue screen) and after that i coundnt get rimworld to start so i had to start pining it down and it was mad skills i was using the tered verson here is the crash log for you

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ratys

Quote from: jal21 on June 27, 2015, 08:44:09 PM
hello i have goten a crash not a simple one ether (blue screen) and after that i coundnt get rimworld to start so i had to start pining it down and it was mad skills i was using the tered verson here is the crash log for you

Rule of thumb: you get the blue screen - something is wrong with your system. I'd advise checking your disks and RAM, consult google on how to do it with your exact setup.

From the logs it's memory access that causes it to fail, which makes me think that indeed it's a hardware issue. Could also be a faulty RimWorld download, so get it again and unpack it into a different place, C:/Games/ or the like.

Also, reproduction steps? If it's not possible to reproduce with just MadSkills installed - then it's not MadSkills that's causing it; this mod doesn't exactly override anything, despite appearing as such, and certainly isn't heavy enough to cause memory issues all on it's own. Besides, in the logs you provided things go downhill after MadSkills has finished all the setup and has worked normally for a few moments.

omatkoicorko

shouldnt be any menu under right button on item to mend it ? it is hard to mend items that you actually wear

Ratys

Quote from: omatkoicorko on June 29, 2015, 01:50:08 PM
shouldnt be any menu under right button on item to mend it ? it is hard to mend items that you actually wear

This isn't the thread for that mod.

But, yes, there should be, if I figure out how without causing the game to melt down - remember, I've only made it not break completely in A11, by breaking it just enough, solely because I wanted to play with it. I'm not the original author, nor I am maintaining it. I might consider taking over if Wastelander (the author) shows up and flat out asks me to.

jal21

Quote from: Ratys on June 28, 2015, 06:08:15 AM
Quote from: jal21 on June 27, 2015, 08:44:09 PM

Rule of thumb: you get the blue screen - something is wrong with your system. I'd advise checking your disks and RAM, consult google on how to do it with your exact setup.

From the logs it's memory access that causes it to fail, which makes me think that indeed it's a hardware issue. Could also be a faulty RimWorld download, so get it again and unpack it into a different place, C:/Games/ or the like.

Also, reproduction steps? If it's not possible to reproduce with just MadSkills installed - then it's not MadSkills that's causing it; this mod doesn't exactly override anything, despite appearing as such, and certainly isn't heavy enough to cause memory issues all on it's own. Besides, in the logs you provided things go downhill after MadSkills has finished all the setup and has worked normally for a few moments.
the resone why i posted it here is becus when i tryed to restar the game i got a black screen and it staed that was and when i stared remveing mod to find the reson it stared working when i remove madskills i know my mishen is a potato and i think it scrode up whith it when i blued screded  becus when i reped it whith a new versone it woked just fine

Commander Beanbag

THANK YOU! With other mods I'm using, some of my workers do their work so fast the new experience system can't give them enough experience to counter skill decay at high levels.

Zeta Omega

Ratys

Quote from: Zeta Omega on January 30, 2016, 06:54:56 PM
Does this mod still work?

Why wouldn't it? As far as I know, there weren't any changes to the systems it touches in quite a while (or any changes at all for that matter).

Kaballah

lude

Could you perhaps make a tiered version with 50% skill decay?