[1.5] Mad Skills 1.5-2.7.0 - skill degradation begone! (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthowl

I absolutely love this mod. Specifically the tiered version. Thank you for continuing to update this.
--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Daman453

Looking for this! Thank god your still updating it! One of the only mods i will use.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Ratys

Updoots to Alpha 13. Have fun!

EDIT:

Fixed the year in subject. Time travel is still not commecially available, don't worry.

zenfiero

Hello! I've installed your fine mod and found it to work well on a new map, and thank you for it! I've also noticed that when I use it on an existing vanilla save the mod did not seem to function.

Fluffy (l2032)

right, yeah, the modding slack was expecting this to happen :P

Ratys, you cant start gameObjects the 'normal' way anymore - the mod is loaded in a separate thread, and unity can't get access to the main thread.

Ratys

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 07, 2016, 02:29:32 PM
Ratys, you cant start gameObjects the 'normal' way anymore - the mod is loaded in a separate thread, and unity can't get access to the main thread.

... Hhuh. Well, I obviously did not expect that to break down. Is there a new go-to way or I'll have to come up with something, if it's at all possible still?

Fluffy (l2032)

We're a bit unsure... See my thread in mods/help, the problems loading assets apply to gameobjects as well - the procedure should be nearly identical.

vreemdevince

Downloaded the mod, extracted the file and placed it in the mods map, at first it works, now all of a sudden I am experiencing decay again. Anybody else experienced this or have a solution? Using Mad Skills v.1.1.4 standard.

Ratys

vreemdevince

Extracted Mad Skills v1.1.4, which yielded the Mad Skills v1.1.4 map, which contained the Mad Skills map that contained the other submaps. I moved this Mad Skills map to the mods folder.

Ratys

Quote from: vreemdevince on April 11, 2016, 02:22:01 PM
Extracted Mad Skills v1.1.4, which yielded the Mad Skills v1.1.4 map, which contained the Mad Skills map that contained the other submaps. I moved this Mad Skills map to the mods folder.

I'm assuming you mean 'folder' then (never seen that referred as maps, but oh well). Did you start a new colony after you installed the mod? If not, make sure you did the last step of installation instructions in the first post.

I will probably get around to fixing the MapComponent injector somewhen within the week, but until then editing the save is pretty much required to install the mod on existing colonies.

vreemdevince

Folder indeed. I went as far as to make a new world, I thought that was also a requirement with certain mods. Any idea where I went wrong? The final folder I installed contained About, Assemblies and Defs, so it would be Rimworld > Mods > Mad Skills > the aforementioned 3

Ratys

Quote from: vreemdevince on April 13, 2016, 01:46:46 PM
Folder indeed. I went as far as to make a new world, I thought that was also a requirement with certain mods. Any idea where I went wrong? The final folder I installed contained About, Assemblies and Defs, so it would be Rimworld > Mods > Mad Skills > the aforementioned 3

Have you enabled the mod in the main menu? It dawned on me that you didn't mention it, and so far that's the only explanation I can think of.

CasereHG

Thank you for making this mod. I love the tiered portion because it makes more sense to me and for the RP in my world. Cheers for all your hard work!

hector212121

People don't talk about this enough, so I couldn't find it. Skill decay at level 20 became a thing, so this mod is apparently now a must have!