[1.4] Mad Skills 1.4-2.6.0 - skill degradation begone! (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSS

I downloaded the tiered version and it's not preventing my colonist from degrading from skill 20 to skill 19. It's definitely installed properly and active.

Quote from: hector212121 on May 04, 2016, 04:17:39 PM
People don't talk about this enough, so I couldn't find it. Skill decay at level 20 became a thing, so this mod is apparently now a must have!
This is what pushed me to come here as well;skill decay at level 20 is very annoying.

Lady Wolf

This is nearly essential for other mods too. Some of them like, the expanded prosthetic and organ engineering require chars to have a min skill level in research in order to craft some items; so if you're no researching anymore, or are unable to research (due to finishing the research tree in a long running game) then you can find yourself locked out of the ability to craft things.

Thanks a ton for making this mod, def a must have for me.  8)

Ghizmo

Quote from: Lady Wolf on June 30, 2016, 12:54:00 AM
This is nearly essential for other mods too. Some of them like, the expanded prosthetic and organ engineering require chars to have a min skill level in research in order to craft some items; so if you're no researching anymore, or are unable to research (due to finishing the research tree in a long running game) then you can find yourself locked out of the ability to craft things.

Thanks a ton for making this mod, def a must have for me.  8)

He said it! :D

Dante King

Ratys

Quote from: Dante King on July 16, 2016, 05:52:21 PM
Does this still work for Alpha 14?

I don't know, yet. Going to be a couple of days still before I'm within reach of my workstation and able to do updates. Steam uploads coming then as well, most likely.

Dante King

Okay, I reeeeaaaaaaallllyyyy need this, otherwise getting high skills in anything is a PITA

ITOS

I tested installing this mod on Alpha 14 using an existing save. Working so far.

fragglep0p

Quote from: ITOS on July 17, 2016, 09:37:17 AM
I tested installing this mod on Alpha 14 using an existing save. Working so far.

Same tested on 2 saves and seams to be working!!

Delmain

I just tested all three versions of the mod by updating the targetVersion to 0.14.1230 in the About.xml. All three appear to work properly. The tiered one was a bitch to get to test, since I wanted to make sure it didn't error out when it hit 1%, but nope, everything looks good.

silentwolf123

Ratys

Quote from: silentwolf123 on July 18, 2016, 07:51:43 AM
So which one works best fro alpha 14 guys?

I would assume all flavors work the same, just pick one you like most; if anything, you can swap it for a different one at any time, no save editing required.

Dante King

Strange, the mod is installed and active, changed version. Yet it isn't preventing skill rust.

Ratys

Quote from: Dante King on July 18, 2016, 09:47:13 AM
Strange, the mod is installed and active, changed version. Yet it isn't preventing skill rust.

Make sure you've done the extra step if installing on an existing colony, and are absolutely certain in what your chosen flavor does exactly.

Dante King