[1.4] Mad Skills 1.4-2.6.0 - skill degradation begone! (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great

i can't download it,the github link load forever and give me a blank page.That would be great if you added mirror.

ColombianHill

If Rimworld refuses to load it go into the mod folder, go to about and open the about.xml, change the target version from 'Alpha 13' to '0.14.1234' I've tested working, remember that if you didn't start your save game with the mod installed you need to follow OP's instructions on the first page.

OverlordZeni

Confirming that what ColombianHill suggested worked perfectly, thanks!   Hopefully we can get an update soon and maybe get it on the workshop?  I bet there are a lot of new players that would really like this mod.

Had a 19 shooter I recruited go to 15 shooting despite being in every combat over the course of 80 days and hunting most of the time, that's when I went looking for a mod like this.

Ratys

Quote from: OverlordZeni on July 21, 2016, 07:58:26 PM
Confirming that what ColombianHill suggested worked perfectly, thanks!   Hopefully we can get an update soon and maybe get it on the workshop?  I bet there are a lot of new players that would really like this mod.

Had a 19 shooter I recruited go to 15 shooting despite being in every combat over the course of 80 days and hunting most of the time, that's when I went looking for a mod like this.

Proper update is still in the works. This mod is using my old release scheme, and my IDE is being really uncooperative with the migration to newer scheme, it's quite amusing at this point.

But, yeah. Update, workshop release, potential return of automatic MapComponent injector - all coming soon, hopefully within next 24 hours.

mimimito

Quote from: Ratys on July 22, 2016, 02:00:59 PM
Proper update is still in the works. This mod is using my old release scheme, and my IDE is being really uncooperative with the migration to newer scheme, it's quite amusing at this point.

But, yeah. Update, workshop release, potential return of automatic MapComponent injector - all coming soon, hopefully within next 24 hours.
Awesome, thank you for putting time on this mod.

Dryerlint

Hi, I just registered to say that this is my favorite mod ever, because playing the game without it is tedious at best.

Ratys

Updated to new release scheme (finally), fixed injector (hopef- I mean, it works), uploaded to Workshop. Have fun!

Zombiegamer

Quote from: Ratys on July 25, 2016, 05:30:59 AM
Updated to new release scheme (finally), fixed injector (hopef- I mean, it works), uploaded to Workshop. Have fun!

Thanks for the release!

Just wanted to mention, the Tiered version for A14, "Mad Skills - Tiered A14-1.1.5-T" seems to function the same as the Straight version, "Mad Skills A14-1.1.5." No skill decay occurs.

This was the version downloaded on Github, and the game was running with Mad Skills - Tiered A14-1.1.5-T as the only mod.

Restarting the game, and running with only Mad Skills - Tiered A14-1.1.5-T on a fresh colony, there was no skill decay between 2 characters both with a 13 in Construction and Research. This was both when they did nothing related to those skills for several days at a time, the session was left to run for a couple of seasons, and their XP was above the 1% threshold.

Restarting the game, and on another fresh colony on the default "Core," vanilla version had the skill decay function normally.

Restarting the game again, and running Mad Skills - Tiered A14-1.1.5-T on another fresh colony under similar conditions yielded the same lack of skill decay. 3 characters with a 14 in Research, 11 in Shooting and Growing, respectively.

Looking for any errors at the output_log.txt, it apparently says that a certain object can not be found?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RTMadSkills.MapComponentInjectorBehavior.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

solidspoon

Hey guys. so I've read through the entire board taking in everything. The latest version is 0.14.1241. this mod has 0.14.1238.
so i changed the about xml. I've tried loading each mod but to no avail.

My situation:
Not a fresh save game (due to many hours of work so far)
Not sure where on the mod list it needs to be.. I.E at the top before other mods or at the bottom.
haven't gone into console due to not running in dev mode ( I assume it's only on that)

Please help, i think this mod is the shit! and would love it to work.

Update: so i've got the debug log and it says "MapComponentInjector: initializing for RTmadSkills.Mapcomponent_RTSkillIncreaser"

it's in white so i am guessing it loaded but is not affecting the exp degrading.

I tried a new save and it works fine but i would really like it to work on this existing colony.

blackysun

Quote from: solidspoon on July 25, 2016, 05:42:45 PM

Update: so i've got the debug log and it says "MapComponentInjector: initializing for RTmadSkills.Mapcomponent_RTSkillIncreaser"

it's in white so i am guessing it loaded but is not affecting the exp degrading.

I tried a new save and it works fine but i would really like it to work on this existing colony.

confirmed, does not work on old save files, you need to start a new colony.

creator, can you fix this if possible?! cuz i also dont want to start over again.

qurffe

very high amount of mods need a new colony, when you are getting new mods you should expect you need to start a new colony.

Ratys

Hm. This looked like yet another Visual Studio derp with git, because all versions worked just fine within a local testing environment. Anyway, recompiled with latest RimWorld, hopefully everything will work now.

Parralex

Zombiegamer

Quote from: Ratys on July 26, 2016, 09:31:09 AM
Hm. This looked like yet another Visual Studio derp with git, because all versions worked just fine within a local testing environment. Anyway, recompiled with latest RimWorld, hopefully everything will work now.

Thanks for patching the mod so quickly!

Playtested with the patched Mad Skills - Tiered A14-1.1.6-T, and everything works perfectly fine. Skill degradation occurs normally at or above level 10, and does not degrade at or below 1%. I've had no problems with the tiering skill degradation thus far.