[1.4] Mad Skills 1.4-2.6.0 - skill degradation begone! (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjohne

Love this mod, thanks for all the effort! I just downloaded the 1.1.6 version but it does NOT work on my old savegames :-(... skills degrade just as usual. Loaded it right after CCL. Any chance there will be a fix for that? :-)

Dante King

read OP instructions for adding Mad Skills to an existing world.

Deckonja

Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
Activate the mod (use only one flavor at a time!) in the mod menu in the game. Works with existing colonies!

Yet it doesn't for me. What is the extra step, I don't see it in OP instructions?

viperwasp

I was going to roll my eyes and copy and paste the extra OP step only to go to page 1 and realize that it REALLY is not there. I don't remember the step off by heart. I am sure someone will help you. Good luck.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Ratys

Yeahhh, in hindsight, taking that step down in full confidence in my injector was a bad idea. It's back up now; sorry for the inconvenience.

biship

Only noticed this today, not sure if its new:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RTMadSkills.MapComponentInjectorBehavior.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: I get it on game start, and on game exit.

biship

Error still occurs on game startup, even before load.
In FixedUpdate, it uses Find.Map - does that require a map to be loaded first?

https://github.com/Ratysz/MadSkills/blob/master/Source/MapComponentInjector.cs

EDIT: I see someone on the steam comments says to load EdB Prepare Carefully after MadSkills to fix the error.
EDIT2: Doesn't fix it.

Ratys

Quote from: biship on August 17, 2016, 09:42:11 AM
Error still occurs on game startup, even before load.
In FixedUpdate, it uses Find.Map - does that require a map to be loaded first?

https://github.com/Ratysz/MadSkills/blob/master/Source/MapComponentInjector.cs

if (Find.Map != null && Find.Map.components != null)

This means that next bit will only fire if it has something to fire on. If it executes yet still complains about things not being there it could mean that despite the [StaticConstructorOnStartup] tag the whole injector managed to wind up on non-primary thread.

Or it can't even find the Find, or Time, in which case... Did you put the mod above Core in load order?

biship

Quote from: Ratys on August 17, 2016, 09:50:33 AM
Or it can't even find the Find, or Time, in which case... Did you put the mod above Core in load order?

731111514 is in the middle of my load order, well after Core and CCL. Is there any code I could add to that routing (more Log.Message perhaps) to see where its getting to before it errors?

Ratys

Quote from: biship on August 17, 2016, 01:42:59 PM
731111514 is in the middle of my load order, well after Core and CCL. Is there any code I could add to that routing (more Log.Message perhaps) to see where its getting to before it errors?

Just do the standard ghetto "log something distinct at start and end of every block", if you're willing to go as far as recompiling the source.
(Just in case, changing the *.cs files packed with the mod and starting the game will do exactly nothing; because I've seen people being this naive before.)

Ratys

Recompiled against latest version, not that it was needed, but still. Have fun!

motionsickness

Is it possible to still get the version for A14? I'm not planing on updating to A15 yet

Ratys

Quote from: motionsickness on August 30, 2016, 07:38:28 AM
Is it possible to still get the version for A14? I'm not planing on updating to A15 yet

Of course, check the releases section on mod's github. (I would paste a link but mobile is not very friendly.)

motionsickness

Quote from: Ratys on August 30, 2016, 08:06:42 AM
Quote from: motionsickness on August 30, 2016, 07:38:28 AM

Of course, check the releases section on mod's github. (I would paste a link but mobile is not very friendly.)

Took me a moment to find it. I don't get much into github.

Thanks!

dismar