[1.5] Mad Skills 1.5-2.7.0 - skill degradation begone! (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adventurer

Quote from: Hatti on December 17, 2016, 04:07:14 AM
And still its doing its job cause its loaded on map play. Just try it out

Have you tried caravaning to a different area and seeing if it still works? Because as far as I know, the reason the code changes were made that broke this mod was specifically to prevent something like that from happening.

Hatti

I know, if the pawn is in a caravan on the world map it wont work. But everything the mod did in A15 its doing it in A16, even on new maps if you settle/attack/whatever

Love

Hello everyone. Zhentar was kind enough to code a new mod for turning off skill degredation that does not rely on map components whatsoever. He said he was busy so he asked me to post it up.

https://mega.nz/#!PpJWmQoC!F-DBIg9H2N9ir-8QBXuggIGyzDey1ly3Gr4vsI4mjAg

It is for A16, of course.

Delmain

Quote from: Love on December 17, 2016, 10:08:07 PM
Hello everyone. Zhentar was kind enough to code a new mod for turning off skill degredation that does not rely on map components whatsoever. He said he was busy so he asked me to post it up.

<<link>>

This is... super shifty. Why wouldn't there be a thread for this?

TiefBlau

Quote from: Delmain on December 20, 2016, 01:44:51 PM
Quote from: Love on December 17, 2016, 10:08:07 PM

<<link>>

This is... super shifty. Why wouldn't there be a thread for this?

Recently created account, most posts being links to files. Definitely shady. I'd inspect some of them if I had an AV going - but alas.

Could just be a swell guy. Can anyone confirm his link is legit?

aslei

@tiefblau
I had a quick look through the source and couldn't find anything to make me suspicious. But as usual using anything you download from others is at your own risk.

There is no mentions of networking usage of any kind or anything to log keys that I could find. To be honest I doubt you'd get anything like that in only 10kb anyway.

Love

Everything I've uploaded has had a source. If you compile with Xamarin the assemblies will come out the exact same size.

Love

kaorimoch

Uh, Love, how does a 50kb mod suddenly become a 55 .5 meg file called "P-Music.zip"?

You may be trying to help, but I can't trust your downloads.

Love

Quote from: kaorimoch on December 21, 2016, 02:02:26 AM
Uh, Love, how does a 50kb mod suddenly become a 55 .5 meg file called "P-Music.zip"?

You may be trying to help, but I can't trust your downloads.

Don't jump to conclusions. Mega.co.nz's copy button that's supposed to copy the link to the clipboard didn't work for some reason. This is why I should always copy/paste manually.

Please don't imply I'm trying to put a virus on your computer, that's very fucking insulting considering all the work I've been doing. The source is always included.

https://mega.nz/#!K0xmjTab!mZeeKpW-_tj-aEu7djhefw9DNBGBrdcBesqnlOKlY3I

Facepunch

Make another thread. I'm pretty sure what you're doing is actually against the forums rules. Also, I'm sure you can see how people might become suspicious. Zhentar asks somebody with only a few posts to post HIS mod on another mods thread. If you can make a thread, and get Zhentar to say it's legit, the trust issues will go away.

Zhentar

It's legit. He was asking about it in discord so I threw it together in 5 minutes; didn't have the time or care enough to post it officially.

Facepunch

Thanks for verifying. My apologies, Love.

Mad Skills doesn't seem to work at all in A16, unfortunately. I'm using the straight version, and it has no effect on skill degradation whatsoever.

etoire

I downloaded it and it's only 67kb, it's just MEGA being silly. Thanks, Love, for all of your hard work. It's hard ass work modding and keeping things up to date, at least in the eyes of a beginner to coding like me, and I greatly appreciate it. any hope that someone'll update the stun gun and defensive shield mod? hur hur.

kaorimoch