[A13] Bulk Meals v2.4 updated for A13 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, March 03, 2015, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWashingToad

Oh how I wish the higher skilled cooks could develop a "Chef Ramsay" trait where if the cook area is not clean - call it within 5 blocks of the stove - then the chef has a soft mental break for 20-30 seconds.

Other ideas: Chef goes berserk and wrecks stove; Chef goes berserk and throws away all the stored food from a stockpile - probably need a way to trigger on rotten food in the stockpile to trigger event?
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

WaldoOfWhere

This is a great Mod! I only 12 Colonists and had to have three of them cooking fine meals to keep up with everyone hunger. (My people are fatasses I guess.) And this allowed me to free up some Cooks which was marvelous. Thank-you for the quality Mod!

My only problem is, and it's not a big problem just a minor laugh really. But after installing the mod one of my colonists Sniper Rifles transformed into a Steel Shiv. No big deal just thought you might want to know.

Igabod

Quote from: WaldoOfWhere on March 06, 2015, 05:02:21 PM
My only problem is, and it's not a big problem just a minor laugh really. But after installing the mod one of my colonists Sniper Rifles transformed into a Steel Shiv. No big deal just thought you might want to know.

That's a weird bug. But I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with this mod since all this does is add new things and doesn't overwrite any defs at all. Not to mention none of the files or defs having anything to do with either of those weapons was touched or even looked at during the making of this mod.

Zav

Nice mod!  One small issue is that it doesn't register as a source of meals, so if I ONLY have pro cooking stoves and no other stoves, the warning "Need Meal Source" persists.  But i'm probably repeating what someone else has already reported since I haven't read anything else in this thread.

Thanks!

Igabod

Quote from: Zav on March 07, 2015, 12:08:51 AM
Nice mod!  One small issue is that it doesn't register as a source of meals, so if I ONLY have pro cooking stoves and no other stoves, the warning "Need Meal Source" persists.  But i'm probably repeating what someone else has already reported since I haven't read anything else in this thread.

Thanks!

Yeah, that's an issue that can't be overcome without a .dll and I figure since you're going to have to build the standard stove long before you get the pro stove anyway it's just a simple matter of not deconstructing it to avoid the issue.

SilverTitch

Thanks!

oh i didn't notice that. I just powered down my vanilla one when the pro stove was in-place, was about to delete it so i could move butchers table in closer. glad i haven't.

><

Igabod

Quote from: SilverTitch on March 07, 2015, 02:51:39 AM

Thanks!

oh i didn't notice that. I just powered down my vanilla one when the pro stove was in-place, was about to delete it so i could move butchers table in closer. glad i haven't.

><

You can still deconstruct the old stove and have no real problems. You'll just see the message on the right side saying you need a meal source until you rebuild a cook stove elsewhere. But if you don't rebuild it you can still play just the same as normal as long as you don't mind ignoring that message.

nuschler22

I loaded this into a save.

I don't see anything regarding research topics of how to unlock the stoves, and I don't notice any new stoves looking through my architect thingee. 

What's the name of the research topic??

MaxtheINFINITE

B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

SilverTitch

Quote from: nuschler22 on March 10, 2015, 10:36:40 AM

I don't see anything regarding research topics of how to unlock the stoves, and I don't notice any new stoves looking through my architect thingee. 

Should be under bulk meals preparation. (700 to re-search)

nuschler22

Quote from: SilverTitch on March 10, 2015, 11:10:03 AM

Should be under bulk meals preparation. (700 to re-search)

No idea why, but it suddenly showed up.  I started researching things that I normally don't, one of which was the nutrient resynthesis (or whatever) and it showed up after that.  No idea why, doesn't seem like the two would be connected.

Igabod

Quote from: Canute on March 10, 2015, 07:57:47 AM
I think you should increase the work amount for the 4 and 8 meals recipes alot.
I suggest 80% of 8x the original recipt.
The cooks are still alot faster then he would cook them all one by one, because he don't need to run that much to gather the incredience.

But the cook geting more exp.

As I said earlier in this thread, I am unable to alter the amount of time it takes to cook the meals as of Alpha 9. In earlier alpha versions I would have easily been able to do that, but in this Alpha, Tynan has removed that XML tag and it appears that the cook time is a fixed variable. So unless you can provide me with the correct XML tag to accomplish this, I can't do anything about it.

You may have to deconstruct and reconstruct the research bench to fix this. Either that or save once you open the game up with the new mod and then quit to OS and restart the game then load the save file. I don't have much experience with adding mods onto existing saves. I usually just start a new game any time I add a new mod.

Igabod

A new update has been released. It is still savegame compatible. Be sure you delete the old Bulk_Meals folder before installing the new version.

I figured out how to increase the cook time on the recipes. I may have gone overboard with how long it takes so please leave feedback.

Mathenaut

Dunno.

If it takes longer to cook in bulk than it does to cook individually, then it completely kills the point of this mod. I think that the xp nerf (the 4x meals didn't give exp for 4 meals, just 1) was more than enough.

If you're going to increase the cook times significantly, then I'd also insist on fixing the xp return.

Igabod

Quote from: Mathenaut on March 15, 2015, 11:21:26 PM
Dunno.

If it takes longer to cook in bulk than it does to cook individually, then it completely kills the point of this mod. I think that the xp nerf (the 4x meals didn't give exp for 4 meals, just 1) was more than enough.

If you're going to increase the cook times significantly, then I'd also insist on fixing the xp return.

The goal definitely isn't to make it take longer for 4 at once than 4 individually. I'm wanting to make the cook time only slightly longer than 1 individual meal.

The extra time is meant to simulate chopping all the vegetables and putting them in each of the 4 or 8 pots. Then the cooking process after that prep time takes the same amount of time for 1 as it does for 8 since it's 8 pots on 8 burners. If I had the abilities for it I'd animate that into the game. You would see a knife chopping up the vegetables and then the raw food items would disappear and be replaced by an image of pots on each burner. But I am nowhere near good enough to make that happen.

I'm not sure if this explanation makes sense the way I phrased it. But it has a logical reasoning for it, I promise. I just don't have time for extensive testing of this right now but I wanted to provide the requested changes. So if I could get testing data such as "It is currently X times longer than cooking 1 meal so you should drop it X amount" then I'll get the corrections out a lot sooner than if you wait till I have the time to play a game and do comparison testing.