[A13] Bulk Meals v2.4 updated for A13 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, March 03, 2015, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverTitch

Quote from: Mathenaut on March 15, 2015, 11:21:26 PM
Dunno.

If it takes longer to cook in bulk than it does to cook individually, then it completely kills the point of this mod. I think that the xp nerf (the 4x meals didn't give exp for 4 meals, just 1) was more than enough.

If you're going to increase the cook times significantly, then I'd also insist on fixing the xp return.

To my knowledge, xp is only granted while on the stove, so if it takes longer to cook you'll get more xp. Will double check tho when am playing and edit if needed but think that solve's the issue.

><

Mathenaut

Maybe I misunderstood how xp works here then. Huh.

Still, the timing comment wasn't meant to knock the mod. It's great and I love that someone did this. Seriously reduces the monotony of food supply.

Havan_IronOak

Minor bug with this mod...  When I swapped out my regular cook-stove for the professional model I started getting the right column "hint" Need Meal Source again. Can this be turned off?

Igabod

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on April 13, 2015, 03:53:50 AM
Minor bug with this mod...  When I swapped out my regular cook-stove for the professional model I started getting the right column "hint" Need Meal Source again. Can this be turned off?

That's not something that can be changed without some C# programming which is beyond my skills. Just don't delete the vanilla cook stove and the message won't show up. I still use the vanilla stove for cooking individual meals and keep the pro stove for the 4 and 8 meals. I usually just use single meals for the fine and lavish meals (making 1 per colonist) and I stock up on the simple meals with the bulk cooking.

Igabod

Updated for Alpha 10. I haven't had time to fully test this in game yet so if there are any bugs please report them so I can fix them quickly.

kremlinkev

Quote from: Igabod on April 15, 2015, 10:47:52 PM
Updated for Alpha 10. I haven't had time to fully test this in game yet so if there are any bugs please report them so I can fix them quickly.

Thanks for the quick update on this. It's one of the simple mods that balances the annoying minutia of the game :}

In fact, I'm going to test new version right now!

Igabod

Quote from: kremlinkev on April 15, 2015, 10:51:50 PM
Quote from: Igabod on April 15, 2015, 10:47:52 PM

Thanks for the quick update on this. It's one of the simple mods that balances the annoying minutia of the game :}

In fact, I'm going to test new version right now!

no problem. I know what it's like waiting for your favorite mod to update with the new alpha, so I made it a priority to update them as quickly as I can before I even play the game. This means there might be some issues that don't show up in the error log though so the impatient people are the bug catchers pretty much. Unfortunately, as with the previous alpha update, 2 of my more complex mods will take some extra time to update. I'll get working on them as quickly as possible, but for now you'll have to make do with my other 4 mods which are now updated as well. Just give me at least a week to get the Xtra Plants and Biodiversity mods updated.

DrBubba

I download this and the archive is empty.  Am I missing something obvious?

Edit:  Looks like WinRar does't like to open 7z archives.  Problem solved.

wakko151

I love this idea. I think its fairly well balanced as well. But there are bugs. First off the Pro Cooker stops working after a couple of hours of play. If I deconstruct and reconstruct it starts to work again most of the time. Overall though this is a great mod and should definitely be added into the main game. I think the skill level requirements are well balanced and thought out. Keep up the great work.

Igabod

Quote from: wakko151 on April 18, 2015, 03:00:15 PM
I love this idea. I think its fairly well balanced as well. But there are bugs. First off the Pro Cooker stops working after a couple of hours of play. If I deconstruct and reconstruct it starts to work again most of the time. Overall though this is a great mod and should definitely be added into the main game. I think the skill level requirements are well balanced and thought out. Keep up the great work.

I haven't seen any issues like you describe here. I'll play an extended game later today to try and recreate the issue, but I don't see any reason it should happen since this is an exact duplicate of the vanilla cook stove with a couple modifications to numbers and a different texture. I suspect some other issue is at play here (such as lack of a colonist with the correct skill level or bad priority settings in the overview panel or something like that).

wakko151

How would you setup the prioritys. It definitely could be my strategy. I have been placing the one I would like them to do first. Then as you go down the list are the ones I would like them to do if they can't do the previous option.

beany_for_ever

Hey Igabod,

Here is a dll that overrides the alert and adds a check for your def CookStove_Pro. You are welcome to rename the DLL, I just used that name as it's my standard naming setup in Visual Studio.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using Verse;

namespace RimWorld {
    public class Alert_NeedMealSource_BeanTek : Alert_NeedMealSource {
        public override AlertReport Report {
            get {
                if (GenDate.DaysPassed < 2) {
                    return (AlertReport)false;
                }
                if (Enumerable.Any<Building>((IEnumerable<Building>)Find.ListerBuildings.allBuildingsColonist, (Func<Building, bool>)(b => {
                    if (b.def != ThingDefOf.NutrientPasteDispenser && b.def != ThingDefOf.CookStove && b.def.ToString() != "CookStove_Pro") {
                        return b.def == ThingDefOf.Campfire;
                    }
                    return true;
                }))) {
                    return (AlertReport)false;
                }
                return (AlertReport)true;
            }
        }
    }
}

[attachment deleted due to age]

comlink

Getting some errors on loading, with dev mode on. I usually play with a bunch of mods but I turned them all off and loaded this one by itself, and upon hitting "close" on the mods window, these errors appear. Don't know if it's causing any issues other than making the debug log pop up:)

Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.StatDef named MaxHealth found to give to RimWorld.StatModifier RimWorld.StatModifier

Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.StatDef named MaxHealth found to give to RimWorld.StatModifier RimWorld.StatModifier

Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

Igabod

Quote from: comlink on April 19, 2015, 11:12:16 AM
Getting some errors on loading, with dev mode on. I usually play with a bunch of mods but I turned them all off and loaded this one by itself, and upon hitting "close" on the mods window, these errors appear. Don't know if it's causing any issues other than making the debug log pop up:)

Are you maybe using an older version? I corrected all those issues with the 2.2 release. Try re-downloading and install it again.

Lisento

When I attempt to extract files from your download link I get this error:

!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Textures\Things\Building\Production\TableCookStove_ProXL.png
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\About\About.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\ThingDefs\BulkMeals_Buildings_Production.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\ResearchProjectDefs\BulkMeals_ResearchProjects.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\WorkGiverDefs\BulkMeals_WorkGiver.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Bulk_Meals.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Error - operation failed

Not sure what's going on. I can extract older versions but not your newest one.