[A13] Bulk Meals v2.4 updated for A13 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, March 03, 2015, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcard82

Hi, I've been trying to update this mod for alpha 13, I have the recipes showing up in the two regular stove bills tabs but it doesn't think I have a meal source anymore, no matter whether I build stoves or campfires. I can see the vanilla stoves have a property 'ismealsource' but I don't know how I can have over written that with recipes as they don't have that property. Does anyone have any ideas?
I will post the progress I've made so far if any one wants to take a gander at it.

Mechanoid Hivemind

call upon the almighty skullywag! We must do the summoning dance for him to appear i will grab my maraka, then light the bonfire!

ALL MIGHTY SKULLYWAG! WE SUMMON YOU TO ASSIST THIS MODDER! COME FORTH AND USE THE GODLY POWERS THAT YOU HAVE!!!
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Loki88

I will try to remember to update this later tonight. The a11 way of designating a meal source is different from a13 now, and by the sounds of it there's a fair amount of redundant code that can be omitted.

Wildcard82

Ah I think I've got it sorted, it is working now :)
I'm not sure what the proper form is for this, how can I offer this for people to download without getting banned for plagiarism?

Loki88

Quote from: Wildcard82 on April 26, 2016, 11:23:51 AM
Ah I think I've got it sorted, it is working now :)
I'm not sure what the proper form is for this, how can I offer this for people to download without getting banned for plagiarism?

Just post it as an attachment in this thread saying you've done a temporary update until the mod author can do an official one.

The only time people get upity is if you try to claim the original mod as your own work, or you try to monetize someone else's mod.

We're pretty agreeable 99% of the time on here in my experience.

Wildcard82

Thanks Loki88 :)
Hopefully I attached this correctly, this is my hack at a temporary update for A13 until the mod author releases the official update. It doesn't have a fancy looking 3d work table as I haven't figured that bit out yet. If anyone gets any interesting issues with it please post  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

dismar

Quote from: Wildcard82 on April 26, 2016, 01:32:13 PM
Hopefully I attached this correctly, this is my hack at a temporary update for A13 until the mod author releases the official update. It doesn't have a fancy looking 3d work table as I haven't figured that bit out yet. If anyone gets any interesting issues with it please post  ;)

Guess my update to 13 on the last page wasn't good enough for ppl.. :(

Loki88

Quote from: dismar on April 26, 2016, 04:59:31 PM

I didn't even look at the last page, sorry dismar. Just saw people asking about an update so figured it hadn't been done yet.

Wildcard82

Apologies Dismar, I hadn't seen your post, could have saved myself the effort and spent more time feeding colonists  :'(

Quote from: dismar on April 26, 2016, 04:59:31 PM

Igabod

Thanks to everybody for keeping this mod alive while I've been busy working 6 days a week. I have uploaded the update for a13 done by Dismar to the original post so anybody that was waiting for an official update to download it can finally get to cooking in bulk.

dismar

Quote from: Igabod on May 02, 2016, 08:22:00 PM
Thanks to everybody for keeping this mod alive while I've been busy working 6 days a week. I have uploaded the update for a13 done by Dismar to the original post so anybody that was waiting for an official update to download it can finally get to cooking in bulk.
Hey Igabod! Welcome back. Hope your enjoying A13 lol My first game two of the pawns beat each other to death and it was game over in the first day lol.

skullywag

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on April 26, 2016, 10:19:21 AM
call upon the almighty skullywag! We must do the summoning dance for him to appear i will grab my maraka, then light the bonfire!

ALL MIGHTY SKULLYWAG! WE SUMMON YOU TO ASSIST THIS MODDER! COME FORTH AND USE THE GODLY POWERS THAT YOU HAVE!!!
you spelled maraca wrong.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Galvenox

custom cook stove charges power even when not in use. that's about second or third case like that, which leaves me wondering - if modders aren't able/can't be bothered to make custom crafting stations charge power only when in use, or if it's a weird problem on my side, if that's possible at all. would love some answers.

Igabod

Quote from: Galvenox on May 09, 2016, 08:09:38 PM
custom cook stove charges power even when not in use. that's about second or third case like that, which leaves me wondering - if modders aren't able/can't be bothered to make custom crafting stations charge power only when in use, or if it's a weird problem on my side, if that's possible at all. would love some answers.

The vanilla stove does the same thing. Pretty much everything except heaters/coolers use power at a constant rate even when not being used. To make that not be the case would require a lot more work and I don't even know where to begin with making that change. All I did with the new stove was copy the definition for the vanilla cook stove and make a couple small changes and add a new texture for it.