[A13] Bulk Meals v2.4 updated for A13 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, March 03, 2015, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galvenox

Quote from: Igabod on May 09, 2016, 08:31:15 PM
Quote from: Galvenox on May 09, 2016, 08:09:38 PM
custom cook stove charges power even when not in use. that's about second or third case like that, which leaves me wondering - if modders aren't able/can't be bothered to make custom crafting stations charge power only when in use, or if it's a weird problem on my side, if that's possible at all. would love some answers.

The vanilla stove does the same thing. Pretty much everything except heaters/coolers use power at a constant rate even when not being used. To make that not be the case would require a lot more work and I don't even know where to begin with making that change. All I did with the new stove was copy the definition for the vanilla cook stove and make a couple small changes and add a new texture for it.

what are you talking about? vanilla stove and every other vanilla workstation don't use power all the time, though they're turned on. now I'm even more confused, cause I just doublechecked that.

hector212121

CCL buddy. You have it on. That makes it not consume power when not used.

Igabod

Quote from: Galvenox on May 09, 2016, 08:57:07 PM
Quote from: Igabod on May 09, 2016, 08:31:15 PM
Quote from: Galvenox on May 09, 2016, 08:09:38 PM
custom cook stove charges power even when not in use. that's about second or third case like that, which leaves me wondering - if modders aren't able/can't be bothered to make custom crafting stations charge power only when in use, or if it's a weird problem on my side, if that's possible at all. would love some answers.

The vanilla stove does the same thing. Pretty much everything except heaters/coolers use power at a constant rate even when not being used. To make that not be the case would require a lot more work and I don't even know where to begin with making that change. All I did with the new stove was copy the definition for the vanilla cook stove and make a couple small changes and add a new texture for it.

what are you talking about? vanilla stove and every other vanilla workstation don't use power all the time, though they're turned on. now I'm even more confused, cause I just doublechecked that.

Did you not even bother playing vanilla once with the new update just to see what was added? I always play vanilla with no mods every update.

Galvenox

Quote from: hector212121 on May 09, 2016, 09:22:40 PM
CCL buddy. You have it on. That makes it not consume power when not used.

thank you so much for direct and helpful answer,  all clear now.

levgre

Hi, I tried to use this mod in combination with my mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20061.msg220883#msg220883), and it stopped chairs being built even though my mod and yours do not use any of the same xml files.  Any ideas on what the conflict could be?

Igabod

Quote from: levgre on May 14, 2016, 10:01:57 PM
Hi, I tried to use this mod in combination with my mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20061.msg220883#msg220883), and it stopped chairs being built even though my mod and yours do not use any of the same xml files.  Any ideas on what the conflict could be?

There should be no reason bulk meals would prevent you from doing anything. Bulk meals doesn't alter any of the core game files, it only adds new things. If you altered the bulk meals xml then maybe you altered it in such a way that interferes, but I can't even think of how that would happen. And I don't have time to download your mod and do testing and figure out what went wrong. I barely have time enough to provide support for my own mods. You'll have to figure this one out for yourself I'm afraid. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

levgre

I figured it out. it was this chunk of XML, just had to remove it. 

<ThingDef Name="BuildingBase" Abstract="True">
  </ThingDef>

hector212121

Might I suggest adding bulk kibble and beer recipes?

Bulk kibble could be crafting 150(60 plant/meat) at a time, or, let's see...

75*2.5(in other words 2 full stacks of meat and non-hay)=187, rounded down that is.

Fridolin

in vanilla you can use eggs for lavish meals. but in this mod, the four or eight lavish meals can't use eggs.. don't know it's a bug or you forgot some line in the recipedefs?

Wex

Hi there!
I would like to leave a comment on this mod.
It's a good mod. A very good one in fact.
Only one doubt remains.
I am by no means an expert chef. Nonetheless, I had a time in my life, when I had to cook for about 20 people. If you keep it simple you can, in fact, have only one batch.
I would like to have this option in this mod, if possible.
Keep up the good work! :)
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Igabod

I'm in the middle of yet another move this week so I'm unable to work on the updates for A14 right now. But luckily Theladdercoins has done the update for this mod and has made it available for all of you who are impatient and wanna use this mod right now. You can find it at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3PIDGTELQUfVEYzbEZxVjdiUmc. I'll take a look at it and make sure all the details are updated and then I'll upload it to the original post some time this week after I've gotten moved into my new house and everything.

dismar

I know someone updated this already. But they did not fix the recipes. This version has updated recipes.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Jan2607

Serenity

Expanded Crops can be an alternative to some degree:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0

With sufficient skill you can cook several meals at the same time. But not as many as with this. Still, it's a great help for smaller colonies already.

gadjung

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 07, 2016, 01:37:38 PM
Has someone updated this one to A15 yet?
i was using it with my A15 games and it works just fine.