[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

rooki1

Rimsenal v1.11: Secretive adjustment edition

General:
- A myriad of stat change and bug fix.

Core:
- Three type of GD modular sidearm added.
- GD tactical pistol and HV SMG is now classified as a shakeout weapon. They are no longer manufacturable but can be obtained from merchants and enemies.

Vanilla:
- Frontier rifle added.
- Smart weapons were changed to need advanced components to build.

Feral:
- No more human meat from mutants.

Frontier rifle: This semi-automatic rifle has been carefully designed to equip frontier inhabitants. The internal mechanism is so simple that it can be maintained sufficiently at the level of the frontier settlers. Large caliber provides substantial stopping power. And as a last resort, you can thrust a shining bayonet into the stomach of the enemy.

"Ocelot" Modular Sidearm - Triple-shot: A Graydale Defense "Ocelot" series Modular Sidearm System, standard triple-shot pistol version. Unlike more conventional firearms like its precursor, the lynx pistol, this weapon utilizes electrically primed ammunition and tube type magazine-chamber. It can deliver three pistol bullets at almost the same time.

"Ocelot" Modular Sidearm - Spitfire: A Graydale Defense "Ocelot" series Modular Sidearm System, burst pistol version. This tube magazine pistol fires a burst of armor piercing darts at an incredible fire rate.

"Ocelot" Modular Sidearm - Flakker: A Graydale Defense "Ocelot" series Modular Sidearm System, grenade pistol version. Originally designed to flare gun, this weapon quickly adopted more lethal, explosive ammo.

asquirrel

With the new weapons, what module do I need to download to update my game? All of them?  Just the base rimarsenal + another mod?  Thanks for your help!

rooki1

Quote from: asquirrel on January 19, 2018, 10:06:34 PM
With the new weapons, what module do I need to download to update my game? All of them?  Just the base rimarsenal + another mod?  Thanks for your help!

I recommend you to update every module.

Call me Arty

Real quick, I think there are some minor mod conflicts. I'll let the authors know, but I thought I'd include you too, on the off-chance you remember misplacing a 1 or 0 somewhere.
Simple Sidearms: I've had some tribals come and attack me with some GD HV SMGs and Tactical Pistols. These are the only weapons that seem to show-up. I double-checked to make sure I didn't misclick in the SS mod settings, and it looks like I'm clear on my end, so it may have something to do with the new "shakeout" classification. I've spawned a bunch of tribals, and it looks like 1/5 TribalArcher and 1/3-1/4 TribalHeavyArchers spawn with them (but that could just be RNG). Interestingly, however, no Pirates spawn with them, so only tribals seem to get them as sidearms. So far, none of them have it as a primary though, so there's that.
As a sidenote, I spawned those pawns in sets of about 25 for testing, holy hell was it fun unpausing that.

Cactaceae: (Cactus people. It's pretty simple, but adds some nice variety) This one probably isn't your mistake, but it's here in the case that it is. It's a small race mod, and the only one I'm having issues with of it's kind (race mods). I've had a couple of them attack, and they're wearing some apparel way past their tech level (tribals, who also have the GD sidearms), such as the Federation jumpsuits, Unity Guard Cloaks, and Feral Hoods. At the same time, though, they've got a lot of non-tribal-cactus-people clothes on (such as sunglasses and jeans from Apparello and some cultist stuff from Cults), so I don't think it needs too much review.

Love your mods, btw. They've given me bare minimum over a hundred more hours of "drive" to keep playing.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

rooki1

Quote from: Call me Arty on January 20, 2018, 01:09:32 AM
Real quick, I think there are some minor mod conflicts. I'll let the authors know, but I thought I'd include you too, on the off-chance you remember misplacing a 1 or 0 somewhere.
Simple Sidearms: I've had some tribals come and attack me with some GD HV SMGs and Tactical Pistols. These are the only weapons that seem to show-up. I double-checked to make sure I didn't misclick in the SS mod settings, and it looks like I'm clear on my end, so it may have something to do with the new "shakeout" classification. I've spawned a bunch of tribals, and it looks like 1/5 TribalArcher and 1/3-1/4 TribalHeavyArchers spawn with them (but that could just be RNG). Interestingly, however, no Pirates spawn with them, so only tribals seem to get them as sidearms. So far, none of them have it as a primary though, so there's that.
As a sidenote, I spawned those pawns in sets of about 25 for testing, holy hell was it fun unpausing that.

Fixed. It's a technology level issue.

DepOpt

Am I the only one who thinks the barrel on the Ocelot Spitfire looks backwards?
Ignore this notice

Ser Kitteh

So how does the frontier rifle compare to the bolt-action and assault rifle from vanilla?

Mufflamingo

Quote from: DepOpt on January 20, 2018, 05:53:53 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the barrel on the Ocelot Spitfire looks backwards?

I thing that's the rifle stock/ magazine.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Mst

I still got these errors quite often even after manually disabling strategies for group makers in FactionDef

Faction Raiders of def Feral has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms tile=377607, inhabitants=False, points=2400, faction=Raiders, traderKind=, generateFightersOnly=False, raidStrategy=ImmediateAttackSappers, forceOneIncap=False. groupKind=Normal
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid:TryExecuteWorker_Patch0(Object, IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStoreyA:<>m__1(Int32)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStoreyA:<>m__7()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoListingItems_MapActions()
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Got no pawns spawning raid from parms (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=2400 raidStrategy=ImmediateAttackSappers )
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid:TryExecuteWorker_Patch0(Object, IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoRaid(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey9:<>m__0()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

I did it like this. Have no experience so good chanc I did it wrong, would appreciate some advice.

<li>
        <kindDef>Normal</kindDef>
        <commonality>25</commonality>
        <options>
          <FeralGrinder>100</FeralGrinder>
          <FeralRazortooth>50</FeralRazortooth>
          <FeralTwisted>50</FeralTwisted>
          <FeralShriker>50</FeralShriker>
          <FeralGutcher>50</FeralGutcher>
        </options>
<disallowedStrategies>
<li>Siege</li>
<li>ImmediateAttackSappers</li>
</disallowedStrategies>
      </li>

When I tested spawning different raids in Federation menu there were big NOs on all these strategies, however with Ferals only siege is disallowed. I compared both FactionDefs and could not find the lines responsible for forbidding sappers.

Harry_Dicks

Is there a way we can get the Federation's Condemer (Marksman Gear) to look how it does from the Google Docs? In game it doesn't have the black pants, and the way the cloak and mask look from the picture look a lot worse in game. When I saw the artwork for that I was honestly blown away. I thought that the whole "sci-fi cloaked sniper" look was absolutely perfect with this outfit. But then seeing it ingame I was a bit disappointed  :-\ The quality is still superb all around, I was just curious why we would have the downgraded version ingame when the artwork is so beautiful. Oh well, I suppose it might have been something like it wasn't that easy to port over that "look" into all the different textures.

Flimflamshabam

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .

Drglord

Good work but i am wondering is it intentional that all the weapons still have no quality? I hoped the latest version would have that fixed... Just wondering.

tresflores

reading through all the current features for your mod i was wondering if you've ever thought about making your bions playable or usable by the players, i know it wasnt an option when you first came out with them but now that we have modding tools for alien races and "xenohumans" i was curious if it ever crossed your mind or if it was one of your goals for the future?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: tresflores on January 30, 2018, 02:01:45 AM
reading through all the current features for your mod i was wondering if you've ever thought about making your bions

Bions?