[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

kis12134

I'm using the workshop version and I can't find the benches anywhere, apart from the scav one. I'm also using the turret mod and they're not showing up

Call me Arty

Quote from: kis12134 on April 12, 2018, 03:10:36 PM
I'm using the workshop version and I can't find the benches anywhere, apart from the scav one. I'm also using the turret mod and they're not showing up

Pretty sure the scav bench is just given to you. The other benches require their own research project to be completed. Additionally, you still won't get all of the items (such as armors) without additional research into things like Power Armor. If you don't see the projects, I recommend finding a research mod to your liking, as the default research tab can be too small, and force some researches into hard-to-find places.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

kis12134

I'm using ResearchPal but thanks for the help. I noticed I can research the Federation's weapons but can't find the others

Burnt Toast

Was wondering if anyone knows how raids work with the Ferals and Federation? And raids in general, really.

I'm using Cassandra on rough, at the end of my second year and I've only gotten raids consisting of large groups of Federation Auxiliaries/suicide bombers or tribals. I got one raid from the Ferals in the beginning, but they only sent 3 twisteds and I haven't seen them since.
Is this normal? Can anyone give me an idea of when I'll start seeing some new enemies? Auxiliaries are almost harmless and tribals are kind of boring.

Umbrador

Quote from: Burnt Toast on April 23, 2018, 07:24:43 PM
Was wondering if anyone knows how raids work with the Ferals and Federation? And raids in general, really.

I'm using Cassandra on rough, at the end of my second year and I've only gotten raids consisting of large groups of Federation Auxiliaries/suicide bombers or tribals. I got one raid from the Ferals in the beginning, but they only sent 3 twisteds and I haven't seen them since.
Is this normal? Can anyone give me an idea of when I'll start seeing some new enemies? Auxiliaries are almost harmless and tribals are kind of boring.

I'm used to use this mod since alpha 14, i guess. Raids work fine.

It depends on your colony wealth. Just keep playing, hire more colonists, craft power armor and weapons, build more structures, get some shines in your stock. And prepare your defences. They will come. Plenty of them.

You can also make a peace with tribals to increase chances of feral raid spawn.

Segamata

One question

Was the celestials discontinued? Because I saw the Xeno beasts were being revived in an unreleased mod. I was hoping for a release...

asquirrel

Linked Def molten cannon yellow error.  Looks like problem is the rimsenal security pack module.

Saebbi

Quote from: Segamata on April 25, 2018, 11:49:31 AM
One question

Was the celestials discontinued? Because I saw the Xeno beasts were being revived in an unreleased mod. I was hoping for a release...

I sadly don't know about the Celestials, but where did you see these Xeno Beasts? Can you give a link please?
I'm super duper cereal!

LunaticModo6

Hey guys! Not sure if something is wrong with the mod itself or an oversight but when looking over the Rimsenal Federation's Repose Grenades. it shows the name of throw molotov. Tried checking the files but not editing to see if there's something wrong but I can't find it. Granted that it's only a visual thing and does not break the game at all.

Call me Arty

Quote from: LunaticModo6 on May 19, 2018, 09:31:41 AM
Hey guys! Not sure if something is wrong with the mod itself or an oversight but when looking over the Rimsenal Federation's Repose Grenades. it shows the name of throw molotov. Tried checking the files but not editing to see if there's something wrong but I can't find it. Granted that it's only a visual thing and does not break the game at all.

Same issue here, had it for a while.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

zizard

Since it looks like this mod is almost abandoned or at least will never care about balance, here's some OP non-aoe stuff.

Trigger happy + nerve suit helmet + spike rifle. Since spike rifle has most of the time in the warmup, the DPS is about tripled. On-paper base DPS is low but the damage spreads as 4x4 with high chance of brain damage. One guy with this combo behind a wall can solo raids.

Shard rifle, modular carbine and HV SMG, are the best short range weapons. They do about twice the dps of vanilla short range weapons at 15 range.

Modular rifle is better than assault rifle. Modular DMR is not much better than bolt rifle.

LunaticModo6

Hey guys, a little help here. How can I add the quality modifier to the GD Weapons? Decided to try my hand at modding and might as well start by tweaking the values of the mod itself and seeing how it works. Adding the CompQuality to Weapons_GD, specifically BaseGDGun doesn't seem to work but I can remove the quality modifiers from the other three companies.

gentou

Is Hildegard Epic storyteller broken? I set with here on EXtreme difficulty for almost half a year and nothing happened.

rooki1

Rimsenal v1.12: Not so stable edition

Core:
- 1.0 Update
- GD MRS texture update

Vanilla:
- 1.0 Update
- Battle rifle, carbine, Anti-materiel rifle texture update

Hair:
- 1.0 Update

Mufflamingo

Wow it looks better with the black outline.
Bleeeee. . . . .