[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

michal3588

Great mod! Especially art. Basically you can tell each corporation's weapons characteristic just by looking at it :P. Yunhwas looks fragile but very high-tech and Jotun looks like you could use them as a mace instead of a rifle :D.
I hope that you'll keep working on this.
Balance is also well done. Only Arms Dynamics is falling behind.
Yunhwa Precision - Great for capturing prisoners due to high fire rate and low damage per bullet
Jotun Interstellar - Slow but badass. IF you hit then you can be shure that dude on the other side of rifle will have a bad day :P
Arms Dynamics - Useless compared to rest of the corporations. Ridiculously low fire rate without anything to compensate it.
EDIT: I gave Arms Dynamics a second chance and thay still kinda suck. Only situation when this weapons are useful is sniping riders during siege. High accuracy doesn't matter when you fight a huge late-game raid and minimum range hurts alot.

Boboid

Quote from: michal3588 on March 07, 2015, 09:23:15 AM
Yunhwa Precision - Great for capturing prisoners due to high fire rate and low damage per bullet

If you like your captives to have brain injuries :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

michal3588

Quote from: Boboid on March 07, 2015, 09:33:19 AM
If you like your captives to have brain injuries :P
I'm peaky about my colonists. I like psychopaths :P. Usually I need to capture A LOT of them to get this particular trait so when I finally find one then I'll take even dude with brain damage ;). Of course I'm talking about late game when I can afford AI chips.

MrSurvivor

This looks badass to me but pls give me a mod for that hair! XD

Azrail

I'm loving the weapons and the design but the stats for the armor need to be looked at (specifically the heat tolerance as -45C means most my colonists suffer heat stroke even when its freezing).

rooki1

0.13 Update completed!
I added anti armor weapons of each company.

UMK

Quote from: Azrail on March 07, 2015, 03:29:38 PM
I'm loving the weapons and the design but the stats for the armor need to be looked at (specifically the heat tolerance as -45C means most my colonists suffer heat stroke even when its freezing).
But helmet gives +45, doesn't it? So you just have to wear both, and preferably put on helmet first.
I've tried optics too and found them dealing about 80% of damage to centipedes (compare to 30% to 50% for other types), and their support rifle is just a monster. But yeah they don't help colonists much against zerg, while they help zerg much against colonists.
(During me typing you posted update. Looking forward to test them in combat!)

Boboid

Small problem with the Grendel change - Because the Ranged Cooldown is so long ( 34 seconds ) colonists won't move/obey orders for freakin' ages. Might want to move some of that time to Warmup so that you can actually control colonists using it.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

UMK

Quote from: Boboid on March 08, 2015, 04:10:13 PM
Small problem with the Grendel change - Because the Ranged Cooldown is so long ( 34 seconds ) colonists won't move/obey orders for freakin' ages.
'Grendel's stat has slightly changed'
You can save&load, your pawn should be mobile. I've already addressed this issue at jolly bugtracker.

rooki1

I received your opinions and changed something.

First of all, the Grendel cooldown time problem.
I reduced grendel's cooldown time and extended warm up time longer.
So If you shoot the grendel, you can bail out more faster than before.

Second, Yunhwa guns damage and shoot count have been changed.
Now they shoot slightly less and slightly stronger.
You don't need to fire whole day to killing mechanoid with YP weapons from now on.

Last, I added three CCW for each companies. Have fun :D

Dragoon

I like the baton is that blood or just peace keeping juice?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

UMK

Apparently missed with Grenel and hit own base, breaching granite wall. Now I fear Yotung-gear equipped raiders.

Boboid

Phew, love the look of that Assault Hammer.
I wonder how a full-siege-gear colonist fares against a Centipede with that thing :p

MaxtheINFINITE

B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.