[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

T-Wrecks

Hey, I was wondering if you would tell me how you made all the awesome sounds for your weapons. Me and Blaze are making a mod and we both have no idea how to do sounds. Thanks in advance!

rooki1

Quote from: T-Wrecks on March 22, 2015, 12:36:35 AM
Hey, I was wondering if you would tell me how you made all the awesome sounds for your weapons. Me and Blaze are making a mod and we both have no idea how to do sounds. Thanks in advance!

I just searching the web for them. Well, there are quite good free sound clips on the net.

rooki1

v0.242 Updated!

-Hair pack: Three more hairstyles added

-Blowzy

-Ponytail

-Strong curly
-Security pack: Decoy IED added

Decoy IED
Technically, it's not turret at all. It is a just mannequin with a fake gun and IED. But it can draw enemies fire and be a good booby trap.

apljee

Quote from: rooki1 on March 22, 2015, 01:09:13 AM
v0.242 Updated!

-Hair pack: Three more hairstyles added

-Blowzy

-Ponytail

-Strong curly
-Security pack: Decoy IED added

Decoy IED
Technically, it's not turret at all. It is a just mannequin with a fake gun and IED. But it can draw enemies fire and be a good booby trap.

I have a request: can you add more male hairs? Currently the ones that are in the game are not as good as I really want (aside from yours) and you don't have much male hairs available.

Thank you! :)

Orion

tresflores

man you have some great ideas and you know how to make them real keep up the great work and thanks for the blowsy hairstyle i made a hairstyle like that a while back (for personal use only) and it didnt implement all that great for some reason but yours does .good work

also those dummy's are awsome

Tequilas

You've got some pretty sick skills up your sleeve. I'm loving it!

jal21

this mod is grate i am injoing this whith a bunch of other mods but i ran into a problum i dont know if it is you or another mod i had where nothing was hapning on one of the story tellers no rades no pods lading no... aneythings i had a grate line and i was just wating for a rade or a seage but ... nuthing this was whith the versone of you mod befor this reles so im going to try this reles and start a new coleney to see if that fixes that but keep up the good work i have injoyed seeing new updates nerly evryday

rooki1

v0.243 Updated!

-Security pack:
   - add some graphic tweaks.
   - Harvester cannon added.

Harvester
This type of burst laser emplacements are called the "Harvester". Can be inferred from its name, this heavy weapon turret can mow entire enemy horde down in short time. To build harvester, you need to complete Ship reactor research, four Pacificator optic rifle and lots of resources.

dareddevil7

maybe make the riot shield from the one guy useable, but in the same sense as a personal shield, melee only and such

HBKRKO619

OH MAN, you update your mod faster than I can test it (and I don't event talk about playing with it xD)

Anyway, like always, great update  :D

Keymaster89

Hey rooki!
I see that u make progress almost daily, all gorgeous stuff!
I wanna ask u something... i saw that u made some heavy mech and an hover bike, so... have u ever thinked about real vehicles? something that colonist and strangers can drive? It could be some sort of equipment that grant u some extra ability.
I'm not a modder, and i don't know the effort of add things like this to the game, but this is something unseen in rimworld modding section, and i think that if i'll be able to mod myself, that will be the first thing i'll try to add to rimworld...
Think of it...
Anyway, Keep up the good work!  ;)

rooki1

v0.25 updated!
Core:
   - Tactical vest and helmet added
   - Price of carbon jump suit lowered
   - Some miscellaneous tweaks.
Federation:
   - Riot shield added

-Tactical helmet and vest: A ergonomically designed body armor. This types of armor increase wearer's combat efficiency.

-Riot shield: standard issue riot shield of the Federation. It's heavy but really sturdy.

Ninja Viking

Hooooooollllyyyyyyyyy shit, that's a lot of content from the last time I saw this mod. Alright, since I injured my leg and can't do shit for the next 4-6 weeks I guess Ill be playing rimworld yet again!

One thing I am wondering about though, the company Jotun Interstellar reminds me a bit of a nordic theme, and being a history nerd and a Norwegian I am really interested when it comes to that company. Though there is some things I find a bit strange, the sniper is named Notung, which I've really never heard of, and the closest thing I could find to that name was Nothung (Also named Gramr, which means Wrath) which was a sword used to kill the dragon Fafnir, which is what you named the shotgun. So I find it both a strange name for a sniper but also some what fitting since a Sniper will most of the time win against a shotgun due to its range, and since Nothung was the bane of Fafnir, it kinda fits that role.

The other thing is the melee weapon, its named Orm which transalates into snake, its kinda a strange name for a hammer in my opinion, and since that weapon would be rather slow where a snake is extremely fast when it attacks, I think its a bit strange.

I also find it funny that the close quarters armor is named Einherjar, being that they were the once that had died in battle and was brought to Valhalla.

Over all though its a great mod and I am extremely happy to see some less known names from the Norse mythology in it.

Dragoon

It's shame we can't shoot with those riot shield this looks badass you have to admit it.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.