[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

dareddevil7

Quote from: Dragoon on March 24, 2015, 05:18:11 PM
It's shame we can't shoot with those riot shield this looks badass you have to admit it.
i suggested that you be unable to shoot with the riot shield, given that the enemy who carries it uses a baton apposed to a gun

Dragoon

Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 24, 2015, 05:29:36 PM
i suggested that you be unable to shoot with the riot shield, given that the enemy who carries it uses a baton apposed to a gun

you could have just reduce the accuracy by 30-40% with it equipped.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

dareddevil7

Quote from: Dragoon on March 24, 2015, 06:19:46 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 24, 2015, 05:29:36 PM

yes but allowing shooting at all would result in minigun toting colonists with riot shields, and that's not really physically possible

samjac0

This Mod is so far THE BEST weapon/faction mod I have ever installed. Not only is the federation diverse and good with scaling, but the higher lvl federation foes truly fill me with a sense of dread.

Your graphic design skills are top notch, non of the items look fake or cheesy *cough* cyberstorm *cough* Glittertech. *cough* :)

So far I slapped this right on top of 20 other mods i'm running (you should see the production tab rofl) and no incompatibility issues so far that I can see. Usually a problem for faction mods.

Rimsenal, EDB interface, and More Mechanoids (great addition to mechanoids) are the only mods I wish the devs would just cough up some money and add into the game, great work. :)

Dragoon

Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 24, 2015, 06:47:17 PM
yes but allowing shooting at all would result in minigun toting colonists with riot shields, and that's not really physically possible

I can't argue with that, but still.....
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

doomonion

As a man of South Korean heritage, I find this mod quite entertaining. Korean military contractors tend to focus entirely on getting the most firepower out of least effort, meaning that they almost always try to develop better artillery or MBTs that are capable of something similar.

Found it interesting how you dealt with 연화 정밀, wish Korean military was half as good as what you made it look like.

On a side note, I was wondering if there's ever going to be a comp. patch for Combat Realism. I tried making my own, but after an hour and 2 pills of advil, I gave up on staring at those xml files. Any luck on that?

rooki1

Quote from: Ninja Viking on March 24, 2015, 05:07:56 PM
Over all though its a great mod and I am extremely happy to see some less known names from the Norse mythology in it.
Thanks! When I make Jotun Interstellar's fluff, I referenced lots of things from the norse mythology. And the Orm, I thought massive hammer would fit perfectly with industrial and tough image of JI. Honestly, I think about named it after most famous hammer in the world. But there are tons of Mjolnir in every fiction! So I think different. The Midgard orm, the nemesis of the thunder god. That can bring some sort of irony in my thought.

Quote from: Dragoon on March 24, 2015, 06:19:46 PM
Maybe next time, I will split it with the craftable shielded shield(Well, it sounds strange though) and normal lootable riot shield.

Quote from: doomonion on March 25, 2015, 01:59:39 AM
As a man of South Korean heritage, I find this mod quite entertaining. Korean military contractors tend to focus entirely on getting the most firepower out of least effort, meaning that they almost always try to develop better artillery or MBTs that are capable of something similar.

Found it interesting how you dealt with 연화 정밀, wish Korean military was half as good as what you made it look like.

On a side note, I was wondering if there's ever going to be a comp. patch for Combat Realism. I tried making my own, but after an hour and 2 pills of advil, I gave up on staring at those xml files. Any luck on that?

I can see your points. When I served in the Korean army(South of course, not the best Korea), they always focused on bigger gun, bigger vehicle, generals golf courses. not soldiers welfare.

When I have some time, I'll work on that.

DahBunny

Rooki1, you accel at modding to such an extent im starting to think you don't exist in the real world, but are just some greater being in the universe, providing people with the tools to have more fun experiences.

As a side note, any chance of a sort of "Tech" samurai set of gear, maybe with increased speed of movement or melee strike speed as well as a force field against bullets?

samjac0

Hey Rooki,

With and without other mods, federation pawns seem to spawn from the ancient ship. They have the faction of "mechanoid hive." Is this meant to be? Is my install out of wack?

I love the new faction but they are not balanced well when spawning from the ancient ship. (2 mech suits day 30?)

Plus it is not very lore friendly :)

Xerberus86

the weapons, hairstyles and new equipment overall looks awesome, does anyone know if it works with rimsearch?

Nimbian

Quote from: samjac0 on March 25, 2015, 02:00:33 PM
Hey Rooki,

With and without other mods, federation pawns seem to spawn from the ancient ship. They have the faction of "mechanoid hive." Is this meant to be? Is my install out of wack?

I can confirm that this happens in my game aswell

rooki1

Quote from: samjac0 on March 25, 2015, 02:00:33 PM
Hey Rooki,
Quote from: Nimbian on March 25, 2015, 07:06:39 PM
I can confirm that this happens in my game aswell

Thats because of the race category is not customizable currently. I'll fix it whenever it updated.

dareddevil7

how about some truly non-lethal weapons eh? Even if you have to buy them from a company that mostly deals in slaves, because people in the business of capturing people would most likely deal in the means to capture people.

apljee

Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 25, 2015, 08:00:09 PM
how about some truly non-lethal weapons eh? Even if you have to buy them from a company that mostly deals in slaves, because people in the business of capturing people would most likely deal in the means to capture people.

Basically what you described.

Armour variant would be something like Hayabusa from Halo 3, called Koritsu.

PineyCreek

I absolutely love the flavor texts you have for your traders and faction.