[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

A_Soft_Machine_Man

So after a few days of playing with all the mods, I think I have my thoughts in order.

First off, I just want to say that I absolutely love all of the mods, as they add quite a bit to the game without completely altering the core gameplay. However, I think that some things might require a bit more tweaking in the future.

The two things that spring to mind are all of the "Optic" Federation weapons, as well as the the Jotun "Grendel" siege gun.

The former I feel are just really underwhelming when compared to the Jotun, Yunhwa, or even the Greydale weapons due to their slow rate of fire and underwhelming damage. I understand their intended niche, and actually really love the concept of precise, incendiary splash damage weapons. However, due to the poor damage and slow fire rate, as well as the extremely powerful armor in this mod, renders them useless as colonist weapons and also renders the non-mechanoid based Federation enemies non-threats to well-established colonies.

As for the Grendel, it falls into the opposite problem as the optic weapons, where its extreme power is too badly offset by its glacial firing speed and horrendous accuracy. While I understand that it's meant to be used like a colonist-portable mortar, it just seems ineffective when compared to the Yunwha spike rifle or the Jotun AMR due to the former's extremely high DPS output, and the latter's outranging all but the Grendel and being more than powerful enough to deal with tough enemies like Federation battlesuits or centipedes.

Again, please note that these are just my subjective observations, not my trying to state objective truths.

ThatDude

The Federation soldiers and hoverbikes just stand there until you beat the crap out of them, then they'll chase whoever hit then and try to beat them to death. Also, the bombers and infantry(?) simply don't spawn, even using the console to spawn them in does nothing. Any solutions?

Chaplain

heh heh.

"Everybodies raidin' on the weekend!  Everybody wants to kick your ***!"

I'm rather liking the nice regular raids.

Kasdar

Quote from: test_account on April 01, 2015, 04:19:12 PM
Pssst the textures for M15 Servant aren't included in the download.

Yes, the servant textures are missing

DAOWAce

Wow, who did the graphics on the previews?  Very well done.  Add into that all the flavor text/backstory and this looks like one of the most well presented mods I've seen for this game.  Even has a custom drawn storyteller which mostly fits with the aesthetic!

Quote from: apljee on April 05, 2015, 11:15:12 AM
Didn't mean to go all inspector gadget, I just have nothing to do today.
I liked it.

Though Leif should've mentioned Mass Effect as I think those weapons share the most similarity to these icons.

Anyway, on topic; @rooki1 there's a mistake in the core mod in Apparel_Armors.xml under CCArmorHelmet<commonality>1</commonality> is not within <apparel>.

Then in Weapons_Melee.xml it looks like GD_Fang has WeaponsMelee for its category when it should be GDWeapons.

rooki1

Alpha 10 compatibility patch

v0.27:
Core: Alpha 10 compatibility patch
-Now weapon weight drags your colonists
Hair: Alpha 10 compatibility patch
Storyteller: Alpha 10 compatibility patch

Federation and security packs are closed for alpha 10 compatibility work.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Awesome news! Still gonna wait until the federation pack is updated just because I can't go without my tasty Bion meat.

rexx1888

hiya :D

big fan of your weapons. i especially like the way your descriptions sound like a sales pitch. Unfortunately, some of your grammar and phrasing was off(thats fair enough, english can be a very painful language) so i took the liberty of correcting it for my current copy of your mod. Ill post the changed descriptions down below, and if you want you can copy them in to the main :) I really appreciate all the work you put in, the variety is great :D

Jotun:

<description>The Jotun Interstellar JA-55A4 "Grendel". The legacy of a grim mechanoid war, the Grendel siege gun is one of the most formidable man-portable siege weapons acrosss the galaxy. Perfect for home defense or scaring the neighbours away from your daughters</description>

<description>A JA-12A2 "Beowulf" heavy rifle, manufactured by Jotun Interstellar. The designer of the Beowulf was never concerned about ascetics. What he focused on was just pure fire power.</description>

<description>A JA-32A6E "Trollbane". It is the most Popular large caliber pistol made by Jotun Interstellar. Fires a 50 caliber plasteel alloy round, fire from a Trollbane can solve most of lonely colonies problems.</description>

<description>This oversized shotgun is the Jotun Interstellar JA-66A2 "Fafnir", Made by splinting multiple AA gun barrel's together. The Fafnir is a weapon used to fight against mechanoids in urban warfare. If a person was to accidently take a burst from this siege shotgun, they would be instantly turned into sticky red mist. Not recommended for hunting purposes</description>

<description>A JA-67A1 "Notung" Anti Mechanoid rifle. As heavy as a small truck and just as hard to wield, the recoil from a Notung is as strong as the kick from a mule. Recommended for use against heavy mechanoids only</description>

Greydale:

<description>A Greydale Defense P04 "Ocelot". Light and easy to use, ideal personal defense weapon of noncombatants.</description>

<description>A Light marksman rifle that is manufactured by Greydale Defense, the PR02 "Puma" is a great rifle for precision fire support.</description>

<description>A Greydale Defense GPR08 "Panther". A number one assault rifle for any colonial militia. High accuracy and durability makes the Panther a great colonial defense weapon.</description>

<description>Designed by Rook I. Rims, a Greydale Defense Contractor, the GL05 "Jaguar" is a simple but effective indirect fire support weapon.</description>

<description>A SW11 "Lynx". A light support weapon that is manufactured by Greydale Defense. is a well known weapon because of its simple but durable design. With this weapon, you can halt any overwhelming enemy with unceasing bursts of bullet.</description>

Arms Dynamics:

<description>The Arms Dynamics M202 "Pacificator" Optic rifle, the standard issue rifle of the notorious Federation Peacekeepers. This rifle fires focused beams that vaporise everything in their path. It has does however have a relatively slow fire late due to possible overheating.</description>

<description>The M33 "Negotiator" is an optic pistol produced by Arms Dynamics. The Negotiator is a lightweight pistol with an unconventional fire mechanism called "the energy crucible". The M33's vulnerable point is its painfully slow rate of fire for a pistol. However, its fire power and high accuracy offset this flaw.</description>

<description>The Arms Dynamics M154 "Arbitrator". In the Federation, use of the M154 was rigorously controlled; As such, This incendiary laser weapon is reserved for Federation Peacemongers, the most capable of the already able Peacekeepers of the Federaion.</description>

<description>The favored weapon of the Federation Peacebringer assassin corps, Arms Dynamics M270 "Intercessor" is a long range optic sniper weapon. Although Intercessor's firepower is slightly lower than a conventional sniper rifle, it's high accuracy and longer range makes the Intercessor a most fearsome weapon.</description>

<description>The last argument of the Federation, the M656 "Harmonizer" is the most powerful anti personnel weapon available to the corp. A plasma sphere from the Harmonizer is a very slow and easy to avoid projectil. However, just one shot from a Harmonizer can ruin an entire platoon of oppositional troops day.</description>

Yunhwa:

<description>The Yunhwa Precision Model-489a 'Frost '. Compared to a conventional assault rifle, the Frost is equipped with a larger clip and a higher rate of fire. However, to achieve this the rifle sacrifices damage and armor piecing capability.</description>

<description>The Yunhwa Precision Model 481c 'Chill' shard SMG. In spite of the Chill's aiming assist pseudo A.I , it's accuracy drops sharply at long distance's. However, the Chill is an ideal tool for dealing with soft targets at close range.</description>

<description> Yunhwa precision's latest sniper rifle, the Model-492 'Glacier'. Unlike more common precision rifles, the Glacier fires spikes of carbon crystal at velocities up to three times the speed of sound. Its extremely high muzzle velocity and class IV targeting assist pseudo A.I ensure no target can escape from its fire.</description>

<description>A pair of Yunhwa Precision Model-480g "Snowburst" pistols. The Snowburst has an extremely short range but while within close range the pistol can tear enemies to pieces. As the old saying goes "Double the gun, double the fun!"</description>

rooki1

Quote from: rexx1888 on April 19, 2015, 03:31:31 AM
hiya :D

big fan of your weapons. i especially like the way your descriptions sound like a sales pitch. Unfortunately, some of your grammar and phrasing was off(thats fair enough, english can be a very painful language) so i took the liberty of correcting it for my current copy of your mod. Ill post the changed descriptions down below, and if you want you can copy them in to the main :) I really appreciate all the work you put in, the variety is great :D

Thanks! I really need some correction :D

HahaOhWow

I've fallen in love with this mod as someone who's obsessed with power armors, did have one minor suggestion for a company. Why not a civilian based company with armors and helmets for boosting stats/movespeed/etc? Something like the close combat's description but for heavy lifting with little or no armor.

Really hope to see this keep expanding keep up the good work!

rooki1

v0.271 Updated
Core:
-Some codes tweaked. (Thanks DAOWAce)
-Description changed. (Thanks rexx1888)
Security pack:
-Alpha 10 compatibility patch

Quillia

I really enjoy this mod, but I can't seem to find the new turret types.

comlink

Quote from: Quillia on April 23, 2015, 08:23:04 PM
I really enjoy this mod, but I can't seem to find the new turret types.

I noticed the zip for the security pack doesn't extract to it's own folder under Mods. You may need to create the folder and extract the zip to it.

ProtoTypeRaavyn

Does anyone know if this is compatible with other mods like More Hair/Animu Hairs, Target Practice and Turret Collection/Overkill?

Damienov

Rimsenal + Rimsenal Hair is compatible with More hair, animu hair and target practice. Dunno about turret collection though, but try anyway and see for yourself