[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

DestroyX

hey there rooki :D

first of all, thanks for the awesome mod, really adds alot of fun to the game :)

second, with the addition of the tyrant enemies came great confusion, as they not only try to fight my colony, but genders aswell.

the federations tranny may look a bit odd, but her being a  living nightmare is really a bit harsh, isnt it?

tl;dr-> typos = fun :D

rooki1

Well, that's awkward.
Anyway, I uploaded it again. Thank you.

Shinzy

Never forget the nightmarish tranny from outpost theta!

skullywag

I need to get another game going with this pack, the art is just too good not to use, just dont think itll tie in with my normal session, ah well what harm can having 2 different games going....

Also lol @ tranny
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

rooki1

Poll closed!

It seems like people really want gene modified raptors.
You will see the first sample soon.

stormageddon565

i looked at the M5A3 Arranger and my eye's just widened that sh*t look's dangerous. i love the textures by the way absolutely fantastic a pure work of art.  ;D

theselflessscribe

Wonderful work!

However, I couldn't help but cringe at the storyteller descriptions -- great skill is amply displayed in the mod, but less so with the language. In the interest of assisting the mod author, and community (and my own sanity), I have made a few corrections -- if only to satisfy sensitive types like myself. :)

As I am unfamiliar with filesharing, I am dumping the whole file here for copy/paste purposes.
If the text-wall is too offensive, I can reduce my post to just the descriptions, and leave it to the user to work-out the rest.

Once again, thanks for the great mod!

Edit: Header was chopped -- fixed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<StorytellerDefs>

<StorytellerDef>
      <defName>Accipiter</defName>
    <label>Accipiter Periodic</label>
    <description>Accipiter, a press agent of Yunhwa Precision, has a strange sense of storytelling: she thinks that big events should be occur at set intervals. In short, she will send raiders every weekend.</description>
    <quotation>Like good poems, every epic story needs cadence. Doesn't it?</quotation>
       <incidentMakerClass>IncidentMaker_Random</incidentMakerClass>
    <listOrder>66</listOrder>
      <portraitLarge>Things/Accipiter</portraitLarge>
      <portraitTiny>Things/AccipiterTiny</portraitTiny>
      <desiredPopulationMin>4</desiredPopulationMin>
      <desiredPopulationMax>15</desiredPopulationMax>
      <desiredPopulationCritical>40</desiredPopulationCritical>
    <random_AverageIncidentsPerDay>1.50</random_AverageIncidentsPerDay>
    <random_GeneralWeight>0.7</random_GeneralWeight>
    <random_ThreatSmallWeight>0.1</random_ThreatSmallWeight>
    <random_LargeThreatWeight>0.0</random_LargeThreatWeight>
    <random_MaxThreatBigIntervalDays>7</random_MaxThreatBigIntervalDays>
  </StorytellerDef>

<StorytellerDef>
      <defName>Sereniz</defName>
    <label>Sereniz Sadistic</label>
      <description>The rogue Federation Peacekeeper, Corps Commander Sereniz, has a mountain of painful stories due to the nature of her former job. In her stories, characters usually face their doom after writhing in near-endless angony; she loves that kind of story. She will generate many small and annoying incidents, but fewer raids.</description>
      <quotation>Tragedies have their own charm. Please enjoy.</quotation>
    <listOrder>67</listOrder>
      <portraitLarge>Things/Sereniz</portraitLarge>
      <portraitTiny>Things/SerenizTiny</portraitTiny>
      <desiredPopulationMin>3</desiredPopulationMin>
      <desiredPopulationMax>16</desiredPopulationMax>
      <desiredPopulationCritical>50</desiredPopulationCritical>
    <random_AverageIncidentsPerDay>3.5</random_AverageIncidentsPerDay>
    <random_GeneralWeight>0.79</random_GeneralWeight>
    <random_ThreatSmallWeight>0.35</random_ThreatSmallWeight>
    <random_LargeThreatWeight>0.02</random_LargeThreatWeight>
    <random_MaxThreatBigIntervalDays>25</random_MaxThreatBigIntervalDays>
  </StorytellerDef>

<StorytellerDef>
      <defName>Hildegarde</defName>
    <label>Hildegarde Epic</label>
      <description>A Veteran of the grim Mechanoid War, and a skald of the Jotunheim assault infantry corps, Hildegarde's songs are full of flame and war - just like the people of Jotunheim Prime. She will send many "big threats" while causing fewer incidents.</description>
      <quotation>There is only one way to prove someone's real value, and that is to temper them in trial; on the anvil of war.</quotation>
    <listOrder>68</listOrder>
      <portraitLarge>Things/Hildegarde</portraitLarge>
      <portraitTiny>Things/HildegardeTiny</portraitTiny>
      <desiredPopulationMin>4</desiredPopulationMin>
      <desiredPopulationMax>13</desiredPopulationMax>
      <desiredPopulationCritical>50</desiredPopulationCritical>
    <random_AverageIncidentsPerDay>1.05</random_AverageIncidentsPerDay>
    <random_GeneralWeight>0.79</random_GeneralWeight>
    <random_ThreatSmallWeight>0.05</random_ThreatSmallWeight>
    <random_LargeThreatWeight>0.25</random_LargeThreatWeight>
    <random_MaxThreatBigIntervalDays>15</random_MaxThreatBigIntervalDays>
  </StorytellerDef>

</StorytellerDefs>

rooki1

Quote from: theselflessscribe on September 03, 2015, 10:46:04 PM
Wonderful work!

However, I couldn't help but cringe at the storyteller descriptions -- great skill is amply displayed in the mod, but less so with the language. In the interest of assisting the mod author, and community (and my own sanity), I have made a few corrections -- if only to satisfy sensitive types like myself. :)

As I am unfamiliar with filesharing, I am dumping the whole file here for copy/paste purposes.
If the text-wall is too offensive, I can reduce my post to just the descriptions, and leave it to the user to work-out the rest.

Once again, thanks for the great mod!

Thanks, I'll upload it later.

Let me introduce the fort turtle and the feather raptor. They'll be the first two creatures of the xeno beast mod.

Ivan_Poddubniy

Hello, register here just to write it - your mods are looks awesome. But there is a trouble - I use "mechanical defense" mod with cool droids (which has not yet been updated). So I use 11d version of the game, but you deleted old versions already. I tried to google it, but found only the Chinese variant. Please, can you reapload A11 again here?

Geokinesis

If I just install the weapons mod will I encounter raiders/visitors wielding them, or will I only be able to buy them?

Dragoon

Quote from: Geokinesis on September 06, 2015, 05:59:06 PM
If I just install the weapons mod will I encounter raiders/visitors wielding them, or will I only be able to buy them?

Raiders will have them.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

FMJ Penguin

fkin love your hairstyles! More hair! How you managed to make them fit in so well and yet look actually good is the real mystery.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

TheRexus100

Where are older versions of mods? I need this mod for Alpha 11.You should add links to older versions.PLEASE!  :-X

rooki1

knightderp

Hey, I was thinking, as I read the "Jotun Prime" lore I was curious if you will be willing to add more mechanoids, as I cant really imagine the grim and harsh wars they had against them, mostly because there is just 2 types of mechanoids, or instead you could add more factions specialized in each type of weapons.
-A militia or rebel faction using the Graydale Defence armory.
-A pirate faction or remnant army using the Jotun Interestellar ones.
-A assasin or mercenary groups using Yunhwa.
Im not asking they be as extensive as the federation, but seeing more people using sets of your weapons other than the ocassional raider with the gun or helmet would be much apreciated.
I would love to help in someway, but my drawing is...lacking, and I dont have much spare time.
Ps.- I love your mod, I think its my 1st or 2nd favorite, and sorry for my grammar.