[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

rooki1

Now I'm making third armor for each corporation. You will see them soon.

rooki1

v0.37 Updated!

Core:
- Small bugs fixed
- ODD added
- Yunhwa distortion suit added
- Riot shield returned

Hello everyone. The first of the third corporation armor has been arrived. The Yunhwa "Antumbra" distortion suit. This suit emits the field that bending nearby light. This armor makes the enemy more hard to aiming your precious colonist.

The antumbra set consists of three piece of item. The antumbra suit, helmet, and the ODD. The ODD is an accessory item like force shield that provide an optic distortion effect to the wearer.

Oh,don't forget the riot shield is returned. You can purchase riot shield from Fed smuggler.

All scripts of ODD effect were provided by Latta. I owe this to a great skill of Latta.

nguadien

Rimsenal - Storyteller pack is a major letdown.

I accidentally copied it into my best friend's mod folder and he used Accipiter Periodic.

At first, he goes for 3 months without any raids, or any incidents, and that is when I realize that your mod has turned off all events of the game. I persuaded him to change the story teller or just delete the mod, but he enjoys the game without any events.

After 2 days, he told me: "I quitted. The game is too boring. This is a shit game".

Well, I feel very bitter now, FYI.

Dragoon

Quote from: nguadien on September 16, 2015, 08:46:05 AM
-snip-

If you don't say which one he used rooki can't check it. Also your story doesn't make sense if he likes it without incidents then why would he call it boring? It would seem like he just doesn't like the game by that logic.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

nguadien

He used Accipiter Periodic - Rough.

Well, it might sound strange to you, but we are from the SEA area, and our interests in games are a little different.

We love to be surprised, and we love to be in harsh conditions.

So my friend tasted a game without any events, and he is determined that he will not play fair. Instead, he exploits the bugs and beat the game with the bugs.

So that is why I feel bad. I just lost a friend to share this game with, dude.

A Friend

Maybe have him try RR on Extreme next time. Seems weird to immediately ditch a game and call it shit without even trying the other features... Unless he already did and just doesn't like the game. Well nothin' we can do 'bout dat.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

LustrousWolf

Is there a patch for this so the stats of the guns and armor sorta work with combat realism?

JaQ

Quote from: LustrousWolf on September 18, 2015, 11:03:00 AM
Is there a patch for this so the stats of the guns and armor sorta work with combat realism?

I wanted to ask the very same question. As far as I understand making weapon mod compatible with Combat Realism is a bit more than just changing stats, and I can understand that it's not in high priority place on rooki1 list. Although this would make it possible to include Rimsenal in modpacks that use CR.

jetalockhart

In each Modding community there are select few who is so distinguished by all the fellow user that separates them from other modder in term of passion and quality of their work. Rooki1 you are indeed one of such special few.

I gotta say the Federation's history really kicks me in here. Such huge good intended empire goes terribly wrong in time is an intriguing story. I'm sure you already make an opposing front worthy of such formidable Federation, as stated in the poll which already closed. Well, I just wanna place an idea in form of event where these 2 opposing front collided nearby the player's Settlement. The option where we pitch in or lay low from that clash can be a spice in Colony live... or maybe make them collide in the middle of the Settlement and wake the crap out of the slumbering Colonists. Now that's a morning I really want to see.

r4ky

Quotethings have changed. Freedom and fairness were trampled under the name of safety. Oppression and tyranny were in the name of order.

you speak about earth ?
Oh no wait, this is federation corps?
sorry  ;D

rooki1

v0.4 Updated!

v0.4
Core: The fifth company, Tisiphone Enterprise added
- A new trader, Tisiphone Enterprise supply ship added.
- Five new weapons added

Hair pack: Two more hairstyles added
- Bunches (Female)
- Bushy (Any)

Storyteller pack
- Now they working properly.
- Accipiter has been changed from Periodic to "Hysteric"

Federation
- Misc bug fixed.

Whoa, It's a quite big update.
First of all, let me introduce the fifth company of Rimsenal, the Tisiphone Enterprise. You can see their fluff and weapons HERE https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bwFOpW-Mtzkag-BPncFJd0onEjGlArH_TPOI9FkLQPY/edit

Pulse weaponry is looks overpowered at first glance. However, If you are using them, you will quickly find out that it is hard to shoot something with their weapon. TE weapons have an inferior range than competitors' weapons. Even more, TE weapon's accuracy decreased quickly as enemies approach. So If you want to maximize the TE weapons potential firepower, you have to keep proper distance to your target.

Well then, lets talk about our storytellers.
Honestly, I was utterly and totally wrong about how storyteller definition working. Now it works more properly than before.

"Guys, party time is over. It's time to face the real story."

Accipiter, a press agent of Yunhwa Precision has a strange sense of storytelling. In the early stage, Accipiter will take care of your colonists until you have thriving colony. And then? She will destroy you, ruthlessly. Move fast, gird yourself for trials.

And the Accipiter... her periodic storytelling is not so interesting as my first thought. That's why she changed from periodic to hysteric. (Actually, she broke up with her girlfriend recently.)

Oh, and don't forget the two new hairstyles.

dareddevil7

Do you do all your own art? Because it's amazing.

Cornuthaum

The only problem I have with Rimsenal is that it adds so many new Trader ships that all have such a limited range of goods they actually trade for that it is increasingly harder and harder to actually push the merchandise a colony tends to accrue. If not for the Jotun Interstellar ship buying slaves, I'd have dropped Rimsenal, no matter how fantastic the weapon selection is (and it is, Rimsenal is hands down the best gun mod I've seen so far).

A_Soft_Machine_Man

FridayBiology

Quote from: Cornuthaum on September 26, 2015, 07:05:40 PM
The only problem I have with Rimsenal is that it adds so many new Trader ships that all have such a limited range of goods they actually trade for that it is increasingly harder and harder to actually push the merchandise a colony tends to accrue. If not for the Jotun Interstellar ship buying slaves, I'd have dropped Rimsenal, no matter how fantastic the weapon selection is (and it is, Rimsenal is hands down the best gun mod I've seen so far).

@Rooki : can you fix this?

Maybe allow ships to buy set types of raw foods and maybe at heavily reduced prices clothing (just to clear those 10%ers).
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology