[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

rooki1

Quote from: Cornuthaum on September 26, 2015, 07:05:40 PM
The only problem I have with Rimsenal is that it adds so many new Trader ships that all have such a limited range of goods they actually trade for that it is increasingly harder and harder to actually push the merchandise a colony tends to accrue. If not for the Jotun Interstellar ship buying slaves, I'd have dropped Rimsenal, no matter how fantastic the weapon selection is (and it is, Rimsenal is hands down the best gun mod I've seen so far).

Well, each rimworld trader ships are correspondence of the vanilla traders. For example, YP liners are variant of the exotic traders.

And the new trader, TE supply ships are purchase dedicated trader. They'll buy your raw materials for good prices.

rooki1

Now I am making a Combat Realism compatibility version of the Rimsenal core mod. The file below is the pre-release version of It.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/75lvrwlgkrk32ee/Rimsenal_CR.zip?dl=0

Important features of the CR compatibility version.

- Energy weapons like Arms Dynamics weapons and Tisiphone Enterprise weapons don't use conventional weapons fire mechanism. They don't need to be reloaded. Even recoil doesn't exist.
- Due to their fire mechanism's nature, weapons of the Yunhwa Precision are real suppressing beasts. It makes compensation for their lower armor piercing capability and short range.
- Jotun Interstellar's weapons shared a high armor piercing capability.
- GD weapons are GD weapons. Just as you expected.

Seril

Hilde. :* Awesome. Finally something worth dying for. Thank you.

Orion

rooki1, in the latest hair pack you misspelled "tribal" as "trival".

The hair textures you made are excellent. Could you make a few more hairstyles for punk and especially tribal?

Bodog999

I'm having an annoying bug with the new pulse weapons, everytime one gets fired the pulse laser things bug out and create lots and lots of errors while also causing giant lag. Anyone else having this problem too?

rexx1888

i dont get a bug out, but i get massive lag and it seems like the weapon is firing many many projectiles :\ the graphics stay in the same place for a longish time even if the pawn moves away. its not really game breaking though. the lag is localised so if i move away its not a problem, and its kind of unique in its own way. i definitely know if someone has a pulse weapon lol

newvelaric

Guys, any way to construct any of the weapons in-game? If not, rooki1, would you consider making the weapons and armor available for the pawns to create at crafting tables?

Chaotic Skies

Quote from: newvelaric on October 02, 2015, 10:38:37 PM
Guys, any way to construct any of the weapons in-game? If not, rooki1, would you consider making the weapons and armor available for the pawns to create at crafting tables?
I'mlooking into modding, and could attempt to make a craftable version of the weapons, with rooki1's permission, of course ;)

And even if I don't get permission, I'll try it, as an excersizeto help me figure out what I'm doing here :P
Farewell and Thanks for the Fish.

SNKcell

This is by far my favorite Rimworld mod, thanks

Could you make implants that are exclusive for some of the factions? Military grade eyes or federation bionic arms, it could be cool

The only problem I have is that for the federation soldiers, you cant get anything form the bodies, only meat, by the look of their armors, you could get specific armor or weapons

Dspendragon

when i down a mech, I think to myself could I "liberate" this equipment and use it to own advantage ?. This is what my colonist need a mech or tank, yep a tank. That would be cool, a tank, knowing me it wouldn't last a day, just like my colonist who are non-violet.
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

rooki1

Long time no see.
Now I'm preparing the Rimsenal alpha 13 update on march.

FridayBiology

Quote from: rooki1 on February 26, 2016, 05:46:01 AM
Long time no see.

Grendal looks awesome XD
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

SNKcell

Quote from: rooki1 on February 26, 2016, 05:46:01 AM

Long time no see.

This looks f-- awesome XD

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

w00d

great textures etc. Only issue is the non recoverable equipment from the Feds etc. I end up disabling it after awhile as they do not add enough re playability for me ( they are a fantastic one time event where you defend yourself but after awhile they are just another event where you get nothing from them except clean up ).

Edit : might have sounded ungrateful or harsh which i apologize for as that is unintended, i love the mod and the textures and the effort, i am just hoping for more options and customization options, would love to clad all my guys in Fed armour and gear.