[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

A_Soft_Machine_Man

From the sounds of the changes, I might not actually download this version. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work you do and your wanting to make this mod balanced with vanilla, but from the looks of things it seems a lot of what I actually liked about this most recent version got changed for the worse (in my opinion at least) especially in regards to the nerf toward JI gear (which I feel had already been nerfed enough) and the Spike Rifle.

Quote from: rooki1 on April 18, 2016, 07:58:55 AM

Does you see the damage type of JI? Now they are ignoring armor. I changed them to mechanoid hunting tools.

The problem I personally have with that is that it basically-overspecializes the entire JI lineup. I know the whole idea behind JI was "big, ugly, inaccurate, but brutally powerful and built to kill mechanoids" but having them really only be effective against mechanoids reduces their ultimate viability over Yunwha or even Greydale gear.

Quote from: Cewelowic on April 18, 2016, 07:47:07 AM

The marksman rifle seems like a good choice but not a perfect one, so I think its in a good spot.

I might have to put back my HMG nests ;)

Before this newest patch the DMR was a go to for all my colonists, since it's just about as strong as the vanilla sniper rifle with the handling of the vanilla survival rifle (which is to say really good) before swapping over to Spike Rifle for general purpose and Siege Shotgun for my "heavies". Also, HMG nest killboxes all day, every day.

kexici

hi :)
like allways your mod is awesome :)
i have found some smal missing lines :)
<code>
<defName>Apparel_TacVest</defName>
<recipeMaker>
      <unfinishedThingDef>UnfinishedTechArmor</unfinishedThingDef>
    </recipeMaker>
</code>

and please add some more describtion in you research def :)

Nanao-kun

Quote from: rooki1 on April 18, 2016, 07:58:55 AM
Quote from: Cewelowic on April 18, 2016, 07:47:07 AM
Jottun Interstellar ranged weapons didnt interest me at first, and now they are pretty lackluster across the board. The hrunting rifle now is a weaker survival rifle, and I think thats a tragedy. The pistol which I did use occasionally is now a weak trade-off of damage, speed, and accuracy compared to the starter. I think you can keep the high damage of the Jottun weapons because they are expensive (Plasteel!), slow, inaccurate, and require research.

Does you see the damage type of JI? Now they are ignoring armor. I changed them to mechanoid hunting tools.

Does that include armor and clothing worn by people?

Vaperius

If it does it be much less lackluster as a weapon set.
I remain Vigilant.

Wild Card

You are missing an "s" in the last turret`s description.
It should be "destructive rocket salvos" not destructive rocket salvo

BlackflagNarwhal

None of the download links work! D:

Edit: Wait, nvm, its working.

Deathking9132

I tried playing with this mode for quit a while but i never got any infestation event(even when locked up in mountain) while playing with one of the new story teller but when i tried standard story teller infestations become common.

Madpizzaboy

Cewelowic

v0.53 is kinda save compatible. He renamed the tactical vest game name from TacVast to TacVest, so you have to manually replace these in your save. I ended up just deleting all tac vests.

What storyteller death? I've been using sereniz almost exclusively and I've had at least 8 infestations, mostly in my kitchen and bedrooms.

Speaking of sereniz, the recent update to her has her flinging traders at me like no tomorrow. I get at least 1 orbital trader a day, often more. I also get tons of trader caravans, so much so my courtyard is a festival for vistors lol.

Also your tweak to the melee weapons makes it so I cant make special material melees, but they still appear in shops and raids.

rooki1

Quick fix for core mod.

- Damage stats of Jotun weapon were increased.
- Special material melee weapons are no more.
- Misc bug fix.

Lumaan

@rooki1
I've installed the CCL A13 but it gives me an error if I don't use the "-nohelp" when starting the game.
QuoteException from asynchronous event: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: collection

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.ThingDef].CheckCollection (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.ThingDef].AddRange (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ResearchProjectDef_Extensions.GetRecipesUnlocked (Verse.ResearchProjectDef researchProjectDef, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& thingDefs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.HelpForResearch (Verse.ResearchProjectDef researchProjectDef, CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpCategoryDef category) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.HelpForDef[ResearchProjectDef] (Verse.ResearchProjectDef def, CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpCategoryDef category) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.ResolveDefList[ResearchProjectDef] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 defs, CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpCategoryDef category) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.ResolveResearch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.ResolveImpliedDefs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.Controller.HelpSubController.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.Controller.MainMonoBehaviour.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Have done some testing and I don't get the error if I remove the "Apparel_RS.xml", do get errors that this file is missing for some of the other mods of your. *Don't know any coding so been unable to see what's in this file that don't play nice with CCL's automatic generating help-file*

BiBiS

Hello

Is it possible to select which weapons/factions to use in core mode? For example i'm only like Greydale Defence for vanilla look, how can i turn off other weapons/factions?

branch?

Rooky1, Can you add the hair-art in the resource dump to your hair mod? The hair they uploaded is quite nice.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2390.240
how lit was it

Adamiks

Why you removed so many armors from this mod (Reflex armor, marksman gear and you added some other armor, with some ODD tech or something like that, i dont see that armor too...)? I checked changelog and few last pages of this topic and there is nothing about it, so im not sure when those armors were removed but still, i dont really see a reason to do that.

Am i missing something or you really removed like 3 sets of armor?

Lumaan

Quote from: Lumaan on April 18, 2016, 10:20:39 PM
@rooki1
I've installed the CCL A13 but it gives me an error if I don't use the "-nohelp" when starting the game.
QuoteException from asynchronous event: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: collection

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.ThingDef].CheckCollection (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.ThingDef].AddRange (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ResearchProjectDef_Extensions.GetRecipesUnlocked (Verse.ResearchProjectDef researchProjectDef, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& thingDefs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.HelpForResearch (Verse.ResearchProjectDef researchProjectDef, CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpCategoryDef category) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.HelpForDef[ResearchProjectDef] (Verse.ResearchProjectDef def, CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpCategoryDef category) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.ResolveDefList[ResearchProjectDef] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 defs, CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpCategoryDef category) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.ResolveResearch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.ResolveImpliedDefs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.Controller.HelpSubController.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.Controller.MainMonoBehaviour.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Have done some testing and I don't get the error if I remove the "Apparel_RS.xml", do get errors that this file is missing for some of the other mods of your. *Don't know any coding so been unable to see what's in this file that don't play nice with CCL's automatic generating help-file*
@rooki1 - Found out of why CCL's auto gen help file made this error.
In "Apparel_RS.xml" there is this:
<ThingDef ParentName="ApparelBase">
<defName>Apparel_Exoframe</defName>
<label>Exoframe</label>

All I did was:
<ThingDef ParentName="ApparelMakeableBase">
<defName>Apparel_Exoframe</defName>
<label>Exoframe</label>
;)