[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: Adamiks on April 24, 2016, 01:11:42 PM
Marksman gear looks dope!

I think i would order my favorite colonist wear it even if stats would be sucky compared to other armors :D

Yeah it does, I might save it for my snipers though. I found a combo that's pretty good stats-wise and looks pretty good (in my opinion of course) is Dropsuit Helmet  -> Duster (preferably hyperweave, synththread, or boomalope leather) -> Tactical Vest -> Carbon suit

Avtomatik

Is rimsenal combat realism compatible?

Edit: guess not as CR is still in pre-release. But will it be? :D

Dragoon

If you do add the celestial faction, what would their weapons and armor style be? I mean the Yunhwa focuses on quantity over quality, the Jotun focus on damage, the Graydale are balance, and the Federation focus on range (I think) so what makes the Celestials special? You know their own.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Goldenpotatoes

Is there any hope of a potential Combat Realism patch once an official A13 version of it is released? It currently conflicts with the pre-release in terms of breaking the pick-up system or weapon gizmos depending on load order.

I love the variety of guns with the addition factions but I also love CR's combat changes.

duduluu

hello, rooki1!
My friend make a mod. There are a helmet and an armor in the mod. Could we use some of your textures in our mod?

Such like this:

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

rooki1

Quote from: duduluu on April 28, 2016, 02:10:31 AM
hello, rooki1!
My friend make a mod. There are a helmet and an armor in the mod. Could we use some of your textures in our mod?

Such like this:

Yes.

duduluu

Quote from: rooki1 on April 28, 2016, 07:30:21 AM
Quote from: duduluu on April 28, 2016, 02:10:31 AM
hello, rooki1!

Such like this:

Yes.

Thank you very much! :)
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

JerryL

I was wondering if there were any plans on adding ammo and such for your weapons once Combat Realism comes to a full release.

mdonovan

Just posting to say that this mod is a fantastic piece of work--the art and equipment style is very good. Would you incorporate mobs that spawn with Jotun, Greydale and Yun equipment, to incorporate them as enemy factions, like the Ferals and Arms Dynamics? Is there any way, short of bribery, that one of these factions could start as allies, instead of the mundane trade town? Maybe packs of them could spawn on map as 'hirable' mercenaries that use domesticated animal behavior, and require large amounts of food (higher hunger rate) as payment? Maybe their mood modifier is set to drive them into a frenzy if their food 'payments' are not made.

I notice that, 2 years game-time into my current run, mostly low tier Feral and AD packs spawn. There are many of them, but I have yet to see any high tier units. Is this based on colony wealth or is more time needed?  Overall, excellent work.

cesarjunior233

kuchiki19

hey rooki, thanks for making this great mod, for me its simply makes rimworld more sci-fi and more interesting.
i started using your mod since ver alpha 13, back then i remember facing raiders using rimsenal guns, armor, helmet even in early stage of the game. but now its seems that i never find raid(except federation raid) or visitor with rimsenal guns,armors,helmets,etc at all. i only see meele weapons like vibrosword, assault hammer and grenades.i never seen raid with such like drop suit, nerve suit, yun guns, jotun guns, or any others rimsenal cores.
ive played couple of games sereniz sadistic challenge with length 3-4 years.
is this intended? or is this a bug? i really want to know whats the cause of this.
i hope you can help me. thanks in advance.
sorry for my english

Astasia

You will see tactical helmets/vests fairly early on, and pioneer helmets not long after. You don't see the other stuff for a while because I believe it's based on price and they are a lot more valuable. They are comparable in value to power armor, so probably show up around the same time you start running into raiders in full power armor.

Same with weapons, you will see the scavenger weapons and crucible pistols on normal raiders, but all of the other guns have a lot higher value and take a very long time to show up I think. The melee weapons on the other hand still have very low values which is why almost every melee raider is using them.

panggul_mas

Rooki1, could you please post this to the A13 mod announcement release thread? Its very convenient to be able to scroll through there and I'd like to see your mods in the list since they're all ready :)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18353.0

kuchiki19

Quote from: Astasia on May 01, 2016, 03:54:48 PM
You will see tactical helmets/vests fairly early on, and pioneer helmets not long after. You don't see the other stuff for a while because I believe it's based on price and they are a lot more valuable. They are comparable in value to power armor, so probably show up around the same time you start running into raiders in full power armor.

Same with weapons, you will see the scavenger weapons and crucible pistols on normal raiders, but all of the other guns have a lot higher value and take a very long time to show up I think. The melee weapons on the other hand still have very low values which is why almost every melee raider is using them.

thanks for your answer.
i did find tactical helmets/vests then pioneer like you describe. but i have yet to see the guns.ive never encounter a normal raiders using rimsenal guns at all, not even crucible pistols even in the year 5. all mercenary elites are only using charge rifle.
basically im comparing my old runs to my recent runs. my old runs like about couple of weeks ago, i remember quite well i seen normal raiders using rimsenal weapons and armors even its still in year 1, however couple of my recent runs didnt find that which is why i decided to ask here.