[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

kaptain_kavern

Well implemented gorgeous textures & arts as always.

8) Rooki1, You're a chief 8)

Thx a lot

Deimos Rast

a wild rooki1 appears, with presents!
thank you!
#StopPluginAbuse

rdz1122

Your mod is probably one of the most impressive I have seen, in any game.  The detail, the backstory, the graphics, the integration; just great.

Thanks for updating to 15.

Rafe009

Tried to load the Feral mod with high caliber, neither mods have been tampered with and they are totally fresh installs. When i fire the highcaliber weapons they work fine. When i fire the Feral weapons i get a strange shotgun effect and i get this message

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/257091431060126562/60C2A23A7DFCCC53D3CB24E6595DFCA2A5D3B36F/

Anybody have a clue how to resolve this so these mods might hold hands?

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Rafe009 on September 05, 2016, 05:49:44 PM
snip
Which versions are you using?
I did a diff compare of the A14 & A15 versions of Feral Faction and literally the only change is a version increase. I personally run a modified High Caliber and a modified Feral Faction in A15 with no issue, but those were built from the A14 versions. My guess is the culprit is the newly released A15 High Caliber. I know it overrides a lot of stock sounds (which your error seems to indicate is the issue), but Feral uses custom sounds, with the sole exception being the Thumper (which uses the Inferno cannon).
Also, in the future when you upload a screenshot, click on the error first, as it displays more info on the bottom. If the info goes off the screen, select "Big" at the top of the log window.
Cheers.

Edit:
Compared A14 & A15 of High Caliber and I don't think that's it either.
I'm stumped.
#StopPluginAbuse

Reviire

Quote from: Rafe009 on September 05, 2016, 05:49:44 PM
Tried to load the Feral mod with high caliber, neither mods have been tampered with and they are totally fresh installs. When i fire the highcaliber weapons they work fine. When i fire the Feral weapons i get a strange shotgun effect and i get this message

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/257091431060126562/60C2A23A7DFCCC53D3CB24E6595DFCA2A5D3B36F/

Anybody have a clue how to resolve this so these mods might hold hands?
Load high caliber after core, not after Rimsenal.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Rafe009

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 05, 2016, 07:08:59 PM

-snip-

Thanks man for all the help, i still have to reply to that rimfire thread but i have a bit more to say on that than i do for this. My main mistake here, i figured this out a bit ago, was that i did not close the rimworld application and start it back up. It resolved itself immediately and i've managed to get all 3 mods working in tandem, HC and feral for A15, and a rimfire for A14 without the AMRs.

Actually my main issue now is i have all these guns but the pirates and friendly colonists factions are spawning in during raids with feral weapons, this sorta negates HC and Rimfire because now i have excessive density of Feral weapons when i thought they would be compartmentalized to one faction just as tribals tend to only have bows and pila.

I scanned though the data files of rimfire and noticed this entry for the atlatl.
      <weaponTags>
         <li>NeolithicRanged</li>
      </weaponTags>

My guess is that it's saying "restrict this item to this type pawn"

Feral uses something similar for a gun like the deathdealer you have
    <weaponTags>
      <li>FeralGun</li>
      <li>FeralRifle</li>
    </weaponTags>

Despite this restriction i've seen feral class weapons on non-feral pirate faction pawns. Not sure why the restriction is being countermanded. I think the Mutant class weapons, the one's for ogres/xenohuman's are still respected though.

Reviire

All weapons are also tagged as "Weapon", and some pawns don't have specific weapon tags, they just get to spawn with "Weapon". Maybe, I'm just guessing. I could probably check.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Treason5240

So..this is interesting.

After loading the mod, quitting the game, bringing it back up and starting a new map, whenever I attempt to build something it will permanently list all future building materials for any new construction as the first material type selected (but still build with the type you specified) and only cost the initial amount needed for the first structure/object.
Example: I started on an ice sheet.  I deconstructed a wall and used the limestone gained from it to construct a new wall.  From now on, all furniture I make defaults to 5 limestone blocks.  Deconstructing ANYTHING now only yields..limestone blocks.

I removed the mod and fired up a new game..and everything is back to normal.  Reloaded the mod, quit the game, fired it back up, changed the order of some mods to load Rimsenal first, started a new game, deconstructed a wall..and the bug is still there.

kaptain_kavern

I had the exact same problem but without this mod, it was from Miscellaneous by Happlo and bugs are gone since removing the mod. That's weird

okiri

I'm getting an error: No String files for Name Banks/Fedbase  (code,noun and color too) for the federation mod. Started the game but the federation faction is called: Could not resolve any root name.

okiri

Just found why. Languages folder was missing the "s", it's named Language.

Treason5240

Found out what was causing the conflict.

I had "Spoons Hair Mod" active and for some weird reason, it was causing the bug.  As soon as I stopped using it, there was no longer a conflict.

Helpful Bot

I'm having the same error as you okiri, trying your fix thank you.

BaconBits

NICE....I was waiting for this! Thanks rooki1