[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Kaldreth

Was the Dropbox version of Rimsenal - Federation updated to match the steam version? It's currently giving me errors when starting up my save file.

Smexy_Vampire

woot this frees up the meshining tabble alot :D

Dragoon

Quote from: Cassiopea on January 26, 2017, 06:35:17 AM
Quote from: Madman666 on January 26, 2017, 03:24:15 AM
God, even more tables)) And five of them, no less) They do look awesome, but it would be best to compact them into one for advanced weaponry. A couple more mods like EPOE and all your base filled with are tables... Kinda incovenient.

I disagree. I'd take more tables over a cluttered crafting list anytime of the day. In high resolution and small screens (surface pro 4, xps13) the text is incredibly tiny and really uncomfortable to read. So thank you rook1 for your hard work and sparing my eyesight!  :)

I second this
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Flimflamshabam

I like the equipment from the feral pack, just not the faction/monsters.

dantebelmondo

I'd say add another "advanced machinery table" which contains all the Rimsenal weapon & armor receipts. You could build that table after research for those who prefer less working station.

For myself, I'd prefer separate tables. Around 10-20 items per table is reasonable. Over 50 bills just for machinery table is just overkill. What you can do is just make the table smaller, say 1 tile each. Then 4 tiles separate tables vs. 3-tile one table, I'd pick separate one.

Madman666

To those, who said that they prefer more tables instead of one very overloaded one - yes, overloading one table is bad and since I have bad eyesight myself, I know HOW bad it is at high resolution. But have you tried playing several content heavy mods at once? Like Medieval Times, EPOE and Vegetable Garden? Each of them contains heaps of those tables! Where the hell are you supposed to fit all of that? At one point getting 13-16 colonists will actually require you to use large or ludeonicrous map, otherwise your base will be right next to map borders, that how much stuff you need to fit in it! And half of your bas will be a huge workshop. My PC is not nearly strong enough to comfortably play on very big maps. Too much stuff for one table? Ok, got it, make it two! Not five. Not four. The mod is not nearly big enough to overload two tables with stuff.

Maviaux

As someone who picks a Rimsenal company on a per-colony basis, I love the idea of having company specific tables. It's not hard managing space for tables unless you're playing on the smallest map size and building right against the border anyway.

Planning, planning, planning~

Thank you, rook1!

LordMunchkin

Ugh, this just means I'm probably never going to build more than one of those tables. Like someone already mentioned, most bases just don't have room for 25+ production tables (your mod isn't the only one that adds lots of tables).

Personally, I would shrink down the number of tables. We only really need one for the core stuff. The other stuff can have their own tables but maybe make them smaller? Like 2x1 or even 1x1 if you're going to do a Feral table?  :)

Quote from: Cassiopea on January 26, 2017, 06:35:17 AM
Quote from: Madman666 on January 26, 2017, 03:24:15 AM
God, even more tables)) And five of them, no less) They do look awesome, but it would be best to compact them into one for advanced weaponry. A couple more mods like EPOE and all your base filled with are tables... Kinda incovenient.

I disagree. I'd take more tables over a cluttered crafting list anytime of the day. In high resolution and small screens (surface pro 4, xps13) the text is incredibly tiny and really uncomfortable to read. So thank you rook1 for your hard work and sparing my eyesight!  :)

I do agree with this however. I sometimes play on a small laptop and just reading the massive list of plants from the vegetable garden mod in growing zones gives me migraines.  :(

Madman666

Quote from: LordMunchkin on January 26, 2017, 05:56:48 PM
I do agree with this however. I sometimes play on a small laptop and just reading the massive list of plants from the vegetable garden mod in growing zones gives me migraines.  :(

There used to be a very nice mod edb Interface that solved that problem, making bills and plants into scrollable checkboxes in the info window all the same nice font size... Too bad it was discontinued. Vegetable garden could really benefit from updated interface... Choosing plants are always awful because of how many there is.

Dragoon

Oh rook1 When I was using the close combat helmet (looks amazing btw) I noticed it did not actually affect how fast you can attack but did increase work speed.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

rooki1

v0.9 updated.

Core
- Graphic adjustment.

Federation
-After some costly mission failures caused by armed local militia with salvaged federation weapons, FPC decided to adopt weapon self destruction system. For now, dead federation bions do not drop complete federation weapons but crucible core. To use crucible weapons, you need new materials via federation bions. By killing them, you can acquire crucible core. By butchering them, you can acquire foerum (and synthetic meat).

-Makeshift crucible rifle added.

Security
- Barrage cannon and molten cannon use exclusive ammo instead of mortar shells. You can make them from magnetic forge.

Madman666

Thats really nice update! I always thought it was kinda too rich to get all those weapons intact from those walking federation horrors)

Mehni

The long description for the storytellers pushes the Permadeath button out of view. Also, it's "fewer incidents" and not "less incidents". See linked screenshots.

https://imgur.com/a/OBKBr