[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Lt.Havoc

I have been using the RimAresenal Vanilla Add on thing and for some reason, the Battle Rifle uses the Survival Rifle firing sound, complete with the bolt action clicking and all, its pretty odd. Has that to do with me using Prepare Carefully/Scenario editor to give it to my colonists early or is it a load order issue? I mean its not a big problem, its just odd.

Smexy_Vampire

D: thay going to kaboom in my base and nuke my walls agin like there suiside button

FreyaMaluk

are there any well known compatibility issues with other mods besides the obvious (CR)?

Daimonin

Love the mod, though my current game the Federation is spamming Plasma Bomb suicide guys... I'm not even that far in. :(

Just how fast are Auxiliary pistols supposed to be? They have a burst count of 2, but 80 rpm? My last game they seemed to shoot twice in quick succession, my current game they fire a storm of dozens of shots. I think something's glitched?

Umbrador

There is a little bug in Rimsenal Security part. Instant building. There is old "WorkToMake", while it must be "WorkToBuild" in Rimsenal_Security\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Security.xml for every building.

Iasus

Is anyone else having a problem with the Barrage cannon not working? I can build, load and man one but it won't fire.

Trigon

Hey I just wanted to make sure this is working as intend. I got bum rushed by some federation suiciders and auxiliaries. I thought in the new update their weapons were supposed to self destruct but I scavenged up pretty much all the auxiliary pistols. Is the self destructing weapons only for the higher level mooks?

ChromeMax

I would say this mod is pretty complete, except that you should consider adding a certain faction that comes in post Federation split and is an enemy against all factions. Maybe you could argue that this enemy is already implemented in the game as Mechanoids, but I feel the vanilla mechanoids are way to soft and easy to overcome, even in large numbers. Maybe you could create a whole entire new faction that includes specialized mechs, like medic mechs, long range scythers, even more heavily armored centipedes, and possibly even a "mother" mechanoid that can fire multiple weapons at once and if taken out, will destroy all surrounding mechanoids linked to it. Just suggestions. Great mod so far!

bdole92

Hey, don't know if i'm misunderstanding this or if its a bug, but i'm not seeing any crucible cores drop. Do i need a tech for them to drop? In particular, i downed a soldier equipped with a precision rifle and the rifle disappeared, but no core was left behind. Is this a bug, or do i misunderstand the mechanic?

Edit: A core just dropped off a peacekeepr, so i'm guessing they only drop off of "non-human" federation. That makes sense, but its sad that i don't get any tangible benefit from the precision rifle. I understand not getting to have the rifle, it's a lot better than the auxiliary pistols you can get, but it feels like added lethality to the raid without any upside

thorpey949

Has anyone ran into an issue before where the mountains are replaced with grenade launchers???

akallas

I'd like to thank you rooki for this mod. It's given me a lot more fun to Rimworld. I hope you continue to do excellent work, matey.

Riddlewrong

The suicide bombers are far too effective. I've had several games where they raid with an instant pod drop... they're right on top of everyone.. no way to avoid it. The bomb is pretty much guaranteed to kill anyone it hits, and the radius is enormous. If you're starting tribal, you can't easily build your base underground in the early game, so there's no easy way to defend against pod drop bombers. Either scale back the damage, the radius, or take them out entirely. It's ridiculous to just lose an entire colony in 1 second.

Trigon

I've actually had a suicider who tossed his bomb and then walked away without a scratch. Blew both a colonists legs off and dropped the torso down to about 5-10 health.

Counterintuitively the best defense I've found against them is to hide a guy around the corner, then rush in and engage in melee before they can throw the bomb. Instead of blowing shit up they'll decide to punch the guy who came over to beat them to death with a bit of wood.

Ruisuki

Does vanilla submod replace existing guns with the added gears and extensions or are they separate and will still see vanilla weapons untouched? Id prefer to replace them entirely

AngleWyrm

I've seen Short bow, Long bow and Compound bow in the game, and can still construct short bows from wood at the Crafting spot.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh